Paul MacLean Exit Conference

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
-My daughter Erin said to me today something about, "Players going to play play play play play and I'm gonna shake, shake it off"

"Any questions?"

*woman bursts in and yells: Paul Maclean I ******** love you. You are the ******* best"*

-Paul responds: "That's not my daughter".

-Media: "Wow."

-Again, thank you, I'll leave!

-No regrets. Did the best I could.

-Coaching with what I had, trying to get them to play. Believed in the players, the level of skill, the level of work ethic, total belief that we were competitive. Weren't an elite team, working to be one, but certainly felt we were competitive.

(response to "scared comment" about going out in the playoffs)

-Thought we'd lost 4 games in a row (Pittsburgh), thought we hadn't lost our sense of humour. No extra pressure on myself than I do every day - to get ready for June. If that took people by offence, I'll apologize for that.

-Am I pissed off? No. I had a great opportunity here. You have to win. You have to win games. You coach with what you have, you have to win games. It's a result-oriented business. If you don't, you get shown the door. I didn't expect anything more or less.

-I thought my door was open all the time. Communication is a two-way street. I was always available to listen. Listening is one of my strengths. I think I was willing to hear. We didn't win enough games.

(advice to Cameron)

-I wouldn't give him any advice. He's a big boy, he knows the players, he doesn't need my help.

(what are you going to do now?)

-That's not any of your business now, I'll keep that to myself.

-When something like this happens, a lot of people have reached out, which is nice to happen. Unfortunate that it happens under these circumstances.

-This time of year? The lockout - 2 years ago, hasn't been that long ago. I don't know, you think I'm any good at it? At this point in time, I'm just gonna...I have no plans.

-Thank you.

Last edited:

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Working to compete in June.

We lost but didn't think we lost our sense of humour re: "scared" comments.

Respect the Paulrus.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I wish someone asked him about the defense.
Thought he kinda took a shot at Murray when he said "I dont know what that means." When asked about Did you change from the old Paul

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Video anywhere? I only caught the second half of the extremely short presser.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
"You're the best ****ing coach MacLean, I love you! Love you! You're the best! ****!"
-Presser Woman

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
think i just saw a winner say goodbye to a bunch of losers.

good luck Paul. and....thank you

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Got such a kick of that woman screeching there at the beginning.

He was great will miss him a lot.

He nearly rolled his eyes at the "Old Paul" stuff.

Kept saying he was coaching for June.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
think i just saw a winner say goodbye to a bunch of losers.

good luck Paul. and....thank you

yup. This guy is probably going to win a cup before we even get a sniff at a spot in the finals.

Last edited:

Bigleaf

Jun 21, 2008
"You're the best ****ing coach MacLean, I love you! Love you! You're the best! ****!"
-Presser Woman

The best part was he had just mentioned his daughter prior to the crazy woman screaming and he immediately came back with: "That is not my daughter."

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Thanks for posting.

Always liked him, but I'm not sure he had the best system for the players we had. Hope he finds work soon, the league is a better place with him in it imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad