Player Discussion Paul Byron

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
He could barely keep himself from falling last night, no way he plays thursday...some guys can take a punch, but wow, he got rocked...let's hope he just needs a few days. That being said, he could be done for weeks?

Curtoph

Jan 22, 2018
Out of all of the players in our Weal house, who gets the nod to play in Byron's absence? Peca? Hudon? Weise? Deslauriers?

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
It was intentional , malicious and brutal. 2 games?
Now you know why fighting exists ,because the leagues discipline police are a complete joke.That being said if the league tries to discipline players the players union then tries to shorten the suspension, hypocrisy at it's greatest!!

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Now you know why fighting exists ,because the leagues discipline police are a complete joke.That being said if the league tries to discipline players the players union then tries to shorten the suspension, hypocrisy at it's greatest!!

I'm all for fighting, Byron just isn't good at it.

Reactions: jaffy27 and Habset

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Out of all of the players in our Weal house, who gets the nod to play in Byron's absence? Peca? Hudon? Weise? Deslauriers?
This would be my order:

1. Peca: Byron speed without the offense + can play PK

2. Deslaurier: Big and heavy hits for the BJs + slow and bad/average on everything else.

3. Weise: Disapointed me in every way and I believed in him...

4. Hudon: Done for the season, will not play in such important game after weeks and weeks of game play absence.

1 or 2 would be my choice.

Reactions: llamateizer

Jul 6, 2016
This would be my order:

1. Peca: Byron speed without the offense + can play PK

2. Deslaurier: Big and heavy hits for the BJs + slow and bad/average on everything else.

3. Weise: Disapointed me in every way and I believed in him...

4. Hudon: Done for the season, will not play in such important game after weeks and weeks of absence.

1 or 2 would be my choice.

All of them did not play since ages....

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
All of them did not play since ages....
Actualy now that I looked at it my memory was clouded. All of deslaurier, peca and hudon played around 2 weeks in the month of february.

But I still think that in terms of similarity, Peca could be an "ok" replacement to Ti Paul.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Hudon last game : February 19th (against CBJ) - more than 5 weeks
Deslauriers last game : February 23th (against TOR) - more than 4 weeks
Peca last game : February 25th (against NJD) - more than 4 weeks
Weise last game : March 8th (against ANA) - almost 3 weeks

so yeah, anyone getting in tonight will be well rested / really rusted

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
At least he didn’t hit his head on the ice while falling down.

The impact of the whiplash of the head against the ice is what cause the most damaged when a played is getting blind-side or KO’d.

We’re lucky and he’s lucky that he felt on his ass. Could have prevented a more severe concussion.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
With Byron in 32-18-4
Without Byron 9-10-4

A big part of the time Byron was out Armia was out. We have 10 top 9 forwards. When two of them are out simultaneously, it really hurts us.

When 1 is out it's not as bad. But when we're fully healthy, he, Lehkonen, or Armia really make the 4th line better. It's a bad loss.

I'd like to see Weal with Drouin and Kotkaniemi and Armia on the 4th to solidify it.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Hudon last game : February 19th (against CBJ) - more than 5 weeks
Deslauriers last game : February 23th (against TOR) - more than 4 weeks
Peca last game : February 25th (against NJD) - more than 4 weeks
Weise last game : March 8th (against ANA) - almost 3 weeks

so yeah, anyone getting in tonight will be well rested / really rusted

I'd go with Peca. He brings speed to the 4th line. He can get to pucks and get back on D. I like Peca better on the wing than at center.

Reactions: Holystik

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
That's what you get for dropping the gloves Ti-Paul, t'was a foolish thing to do, really. Hurt himself and the team just to prove a point. Boys will play tighter to compensate, we'll still beat the Bluejackets.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad