Proposal: Paul Byron to a cup contender

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
2nd round pick. Then whoever trades for him will wonder why they did in the end.

He was a bit of a late bloomer but it wasn't like the skill wasn't there. He was always super fast but had trouble shooting with the speed. Calgary used to laugh at his breakaways because he'd rarely score. He was still just a bottom six speedster in his first year with Montreal but finally figured out what to do with the puck on his breakaways and breakouts. Honestly whomever signs him in the summer will be happy. He's the kind of guy McDavid would love to have on his wing.

jrs

Oct 11, 2017
Jets do everything they can to get him so he can teach Ehlers how to score on a breakaway

Garnet76

Dec 3, 2017
Chatham Ontario
I think byron will have great value at the deadline. Can score 20 goals, play both wings and very good on the PK. Not to mention the cheap contract Montreal can retain on. Plekanec got a 2nd + last year and I free Byron is worth a litrle bit more than that.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Jets do everything they can to get him so he can teach Ehlers how to score on a breakaway
Lol i wouldn’t let byron teach anyone how to score on the a breakaway... if he was actually realy good on breakaway he would be a 50 goal scorer. The skills byron posseses is unteachable... he has massive anticipation and crazy acceleration! Hence why he always gets break always, his finnish on breakaway are mehhh...

NHL

Sep 1, 2014
I would do Byron for a pair of 2nd round. Lars Eller kind of deal.
I like the idea of shiping him on a team that has a good chance of making a playoff run.
Vegas 2nd 2019 (1/2)
+
Vegas 2nd 2020 (1/3)

I could see him fit in Vegas's style of play on a 3rd line duty

Reactions: mariolemieux66

xNogaitx

Akuna Matata.
Sep 9, 2017
Edmonton
Cup Contenders have no room on their roster for a Paul Byron.

Any contender has room for depth at the TDL, that's why so many players get dealt on that day.

You may not like the player or the organization he plays for, but a player signed at 1.16M AAV who can play on your PK and chip in 20G a season is highly valuable on a team's bottom six when they see themselves going deep into the playoffs.

Worst comes to worst, he's an insurance policy for a coach in case of injuries. Coaches always prefer established players who can pk on top of contributing during the playoffs over a rookie who may score a point or two more, but will cost them 4-5 mores whilst on the ice.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I'd take a conditional 1st (lottery prot.) and a 3rd and whoever wants him can have a 4th compliment of our purple pants GM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad