Proposal: Paul Byron to a cup contender

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Amazingly fast 2 way 20 goal scorer who will be looking for a bigger payday than what he makes right now (1.167 cap hit). He can help a contending team that is looking for a winger at the deadline, this doesn't mean your team must resign him. He's got 22 and 20 goals his last 2 seasons playing with non offensive centers and plays lots of PK, he get's lots of breakaways because of his crazy speed.

I'm not looking to hear posters bash the player, keep that garbage to yourself please, and don't go pro rating him and telling me he's a sub 10 goal scorer, he has become a 20 goal scorer on a bad team, that's what he is now, their is nothing to bash about Paul, he is what he is, I wanna hear what interested posters have to offer for him, thanks.

Last edited:

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
2nd + b/c prospect. He's kinda like Grabner and will probably bring back close to what Grabner got the Rangers at the tdl.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
He's be a role player on a better team so he wouldn't score as many goals. He'd still be useful as a depth forward.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Would it be unrealistic for a Byron/Johnson basis!?

The offensive output isn’t that big between the 2 & help TB shreds 4M on cap + could sign Byron for less term+ money.

Heck, I could see Byron upgrading is Pts total in TB.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
He's better than Grabner imo. I suspect he'd have a similar return, but if he has a real good season leading up to the deadline this year I can see a team throwing a late 1st for him too, otherwise, it'd be a 2nd + decent prospect or collection of picks with a 2nd being the best one.

I'm also open to the idea of packaging him with Pacioretty to a team to increase the value we get back in that deal if it makes a decent enough difference.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Not sure exactly. Possibly Adam Erne?

No way. We need a physical force in our bottom six and Erne has the chance to be that player if he can manage to stay healthy. Nothing against Byron but if we had room or a need for another diminutive speedster in our lineup we would have given that spot to Peca.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL

The offensive output isn’t that big between the 2 & help TB shreds 4M on cap + could sign Byron for less term+ money.

Good god that’s bad. Unless poehling is involved. Then it’s less bad.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
Without circumstance I think he's worth a 2nd+decent prospect.

Taking circumstances in, with a team a the TDL looking for depth scoring, I'm fairly confident he could fetch a late first.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018

It is incredibly unrealistic, to the point where it’s embarrassing that you even brought it up.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
No way. We need a physical force in our bottom six and Erne has the chance to be that player if he can manage to stay healthy. Nothing against Byron but if we had room or a need for another diminutive speedster in our lineup we would have given that spot to Peca.
Erne also sucks rocks

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Erne also sucks rocks

He was doing fine until he got injured again. And if nothing else we have plenty of guys in our farm system who a) would be a better fit for our needs than Byron, and b) wouldn’t cost us assets to acquire. Again, if we had a place for Byron on our team it would have gone to Peca.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
He was doing fine until he got injured again. And if nothing else we have plenty of guys in our farm system who a) would be a better fit for our needs than Byron, and b) wouldn’t cost us assets to acquire. Again, if we had a place for Byron on our team it would have gone to Peca.
I think Byron would be a good fit here on a line with Gourde and Cirelli. Speed and finishing ability which we could use.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Woaaah take it easy on the language young man.
Ok lemme put it this way

Outside of his shot Erne has no offensive ability and despite his skating improving he’s still slow. Now his possession numbers were good in a small sample this season and he is physical but above the 4th line I don’t see a role for him.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA

Extremely unrealistic. No reason for Tampa to make a move like that.

As far as what Byron gets, I’d imagine Montreal gets what we gave NYR (puke) for Grabner.

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
Late first and a early second picks. Sorry but that's the way it works

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad