Post-Game Talk: Pats Win Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
i remember after the B's won in 2011 there was a fun thread here about eating crow.

So with that I'm wondering who needs to eat crow when it comes to this years SB champs.

I'll start things off:

A hearty crow sandwich with brown mustard on rye for me concerning Josh Mcdaniels. I've been blaming this guy for everything that ails the Pats offense for the last few years, but his offensive gameplans this past year, and especially during the playoffs, were masterful. He knew his own teams strengths and weaknesses to a T and came up with schemes to counter basically all the looks opposing defenses threw at him.

I'll be chomping on grilled crow kebobs for the O-line coach as well. The Gooj, or whatever his name is. I didn't think he was up to the job, especially after losing Mankins. I was convinced Brady wouldn't last the season with that makeshift o-line in front of him. Gooj and the boys proved me wrong. They won't be in the conversation as far as top 5 o-lines in history, but they were good enough to keep Brady upright, and more. Plus they made monsters out of Blount and Grey.

Any other crow recipes out there?

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/06/rice-admits-to-illegal-use-of-stickum/#comments

Holy ****. Jerry Rice admits to using stickum in the same interview in which he calls the Pats cheaters. Hahahaha. Pot, meet kettle. How's that glass house working for you Jerry?

It wasn't the same interview... his stickum comments were made during a segment on ESPN about the history of gloves while his comments against the Patriots came during a Jim Rome interview.

BruinInPhilly

Nov 12, 2005
Philly, PA
It wasn't the same interview... his stickum comments were made during a segment on ESPN about the history of gloves while his comments against the Patriots came during a Jim Rome interview.

I may have misread the article, but the points still stands. He is a complete hypocrite.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Comcast On Demand has an NFL Network show called America's Game.
It's 40 minutes or so about each SB winner.

It's amazing how many players and coaches freely admit to cheating, with a wink and a grin.

Even shows a sign in the Raider's locker room that read:

Oakland Raider's Rules
Rule #1: Cheating is encouraged.
Rule #2: Refer to Rule #1. :laugh:

BruinInPhilly

Nov 12, 2005
Philly, PA
No, you don't get it. When the other guy does (or is alleged to have done) it, it's cheating. When Jerry Rice does it, it's a competitive advantage. :sarcasm:

People are actually saying this in the comment section without the :sarcasm:

Here is my favorite:

"Stop it. You guys sound foolish. It’s apples and oranges. Everyone put stickum on their gloves. Jerry was leveling the playing field. Not everyone deflates balls (case in point – indys conformed). Jerry didn’t get a competitive advantage against one player – a db who probably had more stickum. On the other hand, the pats derived a competitive advantage AGAINST AN ENTIRE TEAM!

Next thing you’re gonna tell me is that the steelers should have asterisks because those players took “greenies� Keep digging yourselves deeper pats fans. You’re beggin’!
"

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/06/rice-admits-to-illegal-use-of-stickum/#comments

Holy ****. Jerry Rice admits to using stickum in the same interview in which he calls the Pats cheaters. Hahahaha. Pot, meet kettle. How's that glass house working for you Jerry?

Stickum is not a big deal. They're were many players that used it on both sides of the ball back in the day. And Jerry Rice with or without it is still the best Wide Receiver the game has ever seen.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

The Patriots success really brings out the worst in people in the USA. Its really shocking to watch all the idiotic comments by such insecure fans and players. I think it could get to the point where its dangerous to go out in public as a pats fan or player in other cities. People are blinded by hatred which is very disturbing.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Stickum is not a big deal. They're were many players that used it on both sides of the ball back in the day. And Jerry Rice with or without it is still the best Wide Receiver the game has ever seen.

Neither is a ball being deflated a "tick under" 12.5 psi. With or without it, Brady is still the best QB the game has ever seen....

boom

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Stickum was so popular back than that we used it when we played pick up games here in NYC. Love the picture of Lester Hayes there hahaha

Now lets not get crazy. I remember a game when the ball hit Hayes on his jersey and it stuck there like velcro!

:laugh:

Dude covered his whole uni in it.

BruinInPhilly

Nov 12, 2005
Philly, PA

Thats not the point. Rice admitted to using a banned foreign substance to gain a competive advantage, and help him catch balls. But then has also said that Patriots cheated and should have an asterik placed besides their championships, for the exact same reason.

His qoutes on the Patriots using deflated footballs:
‘I’m going to be point blank, I feel like it’s cheating,†“Because you have an edge up on your opponent and its unfortunate that it happened.

“I’ve played in cold weather, I know how hard the football is and you can grip the leather [if deflated] just a little bit better.â€

His quote on using Stickum

“I know this might be a little illegal, guys, but you put a little spray, a little stickum on them, to make sure that texture is a little sticky,â€

Don't these seem to be pretty similar to you? Seriously he is throwing stones in a glass house.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
To sum up the last couple of weeks...

Falcons get caught playing artificial crowd noise over the PA system... no one cares.

Browns' GM gets caught texting to his coaching staff during the game... no one cares.

Aaron Rogers admits to overinflating footballs... no one cares.

Brad Johnson admits paying an NFL employee money to tamper with footballs prior to the Super Bowl... no one cares.

Jerry Rice admits to using Stickum after it was banned... no one cares.

Patriots and Tom Brady DENIES letting the air out of footballs... it leads the news on all three major broadcast networks.

Haterade.png

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I hadn't seen this posted here yet, but it's awesome and hilarious:
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/r...l-xlix-new-england-patriots-seattle-seahawks/

Thats great!

I love this:

0:20 (First-and-10, NE 1): Do you take the safety here? No way. You have Brady sneak it forward, even as Ampipe High’s goal-line fumble in All the Right Moves loomed over everything. But before he took the snap, Brady and Belichick had one more masterstroke up their sleeve … the hard count! Did Bennett bite? Of course he did! Game, set, match. Only one play was left: Seattle started an Anchorman brawl on Brady’s next kneel, with only one Seahawk getting thrown out even though Gronk fended them off by punching multiple attackers and killing someone with a trident. Stay classy, Seattle.

:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad