Post-Game Talk: Pats Win Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
more like a present day Troy Brown. How long before Welker will be referred to as a poor man's Edelman?

True. Wasn't necessarily commenting on their play style/position/versatility. Just similarities in their background (some of which they share with Brown's as well, I guess). :)

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
Welker still ahead of Edelman in one category...

Number of dropped passes that could have secured the SB

Welker: 1

Edelman: 0

BB trying to decide whether he should keep Welker with Edelman waiting in the wings....

"Lets see. Either pay a shyteload of money to the wisea$$ butterfingers who continually undermines me, or get rid of him and hitch my wagon to a guy who plays the same role and thinks I walk on water. Decisions, decisions..."

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
BB trying to decide whether he should keep Welker with Edelman waiting in the wings....

"Lets see. Either pay a shyteload of money to the wisea$$ butterfingers who continually undermines me, or get rid of him and hitch my wagon to a guy who plays the same role and thinks I walk on water. Decisions, decisions..."

True, but not sure the Pats were 100% certain about Edelman (more due to injuries I think)? Hard to complain about Amendola with the way he played the last half of this year, but they should have just rolled with JE11 and spent that money on a different type of WR (bigger/deep threat).

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I remember that summer before we resigned Edelman, some posters on here (dont worry I won't put you on blast) tried telling me that "we dont need him" and that he's not that valuable to thus team. Dobson and Boyce were our future~

Funny how it all worked out. I'm sure Julian has exceeded your expectations, just like I said he would. Crazy to think if we didnt resign him where would we be.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
I remember that summer before we resigned Edelman, some posters on here (dont worry I won't put you on blast) tried telling me that "we dont need him" and that he's not that valuable to thus team. Dobson and Boyce were our future~

Funny how it all worked out. I'm sure Julian has exceeded your expectations, just like I said he would. Crazy to think if we didnt resign him where would we be.

you can put those posters right next to...."You want Blount? Fine, who on this roster do you want to cut to make room for Blount". :laugh:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
If you get a chance, check out Edelman's BurgerTyme and SmoothieTyme videos on YouTube. I stumbled across them watching some highlight videos.

Never realized he had such a great sense of humor. LOL @ Ryan Allen as well. Also, we always hear about how BB is so uptight that he doesn't allow this sort of thing. Guess not?

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
If you get a chance, check out Edelman's BurgerTyme and SmoothieTyme videos on YouTube. I stumbled across them watching some highlight videos.

Never realized he had such a great sense of humor. LOL @ Ryan Allen as well. Also, we always hear about how BB is so uptight that he doesn't allow this sort of thing. Guess not?

Well, Richard Sherman says he wouldn't be able to be himself with the Patriots. He would know, right? :laugh:

Then again, I don't think Belichick would endorse players pretending to dump on the ball, preening for the camera during a game, or starting fights, so maybe he's right.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Jonathan Kraft needs to 'leak' to Adam Schefter and his 3.5 M followers that 11 of the 12 balls were above, at, or slightly below the acceptable PSI however, the one ball that wasn't was the one the Colts had intercepted and the Patriots believe the Colts tampered with the ball

Arthur*

Seriously? Shut up Charles Haley. Even after the Pats get vindicated by Ted Wells' investigation, I bet we still hear these comments from knuckle heads and haters. Pisses me off.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ey-calls-tom-bradys-super-bowl-rings-tainted/
It's hypocritical too. On several occasions Bill Parcells has accused Bill Walsh of tampering with the wireless at Candlestick Park so that he couldn't get playcalls in over it. And I'm pretty sure they manipulated the salary cap illegally to retain Steve Young.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Holy **** that's disturbing. How the hell did this guy ever get another job?

Because he was a great defensive end, unfortunately.

Briefly listened to EEI on the way to work and they said Fred Smerlas (not exactly a goody two-shoes himself) has said Haley was the most despicable human being he'd ever met. They also played a good bit of his rant about Brady. The guy doesn't know who Edelman is (confused him with Welker) and otherwise rambled for several painful minutes. Heard it was Florio who tweeted the "news" of Haley's comments, which just goes to show you how badly he's scraping the bottom of the barrel.

OnlyEatPasta

Pastafarian
Dec 7, 2009
Been compiling articles, blog posts that point out the stupidity of the deflated balls scandal. Some also point back to 2007. In case anyone's interested... the links are bold.

Everyone remembers the beginning... no one is talking about the facts that have come out recently. AKA Ban Irsay and Pagano

1. (My favorite--others back this up.) They Hate us Cause They Ain't Us... may actually hold water.

2. Deflategate = confirmation bias.

3. How the Pats are victims of a double standard (supports "You Hate Pats Because They Win" points, above.)

4. Rams player defends Pats.

5. (NDT doesn't understand football and really, neither does Bill Nye): Neil deGrasse Tyson misses some important details.

6. (Those fumble stats graphs are wrong.) Deadspin explains misleading presentation of fumble stats.

And for people still freaking out about 2007...

7. ESPN Acknowledges Pats never taped Rams.

8. Wikipedia on Spygate

9. The video taping rule on the books at the time.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Because he was a great defensive end, unfortunately.

Briefly listened to EEI on the way to work and they said Fred Smerlas (not exactly a goody two-shoes himself) has said Haley was the most despicable human being he'd ever met. They also played a good bit of his rant about Brady. The guy doesn't know who Edelman is (confused him with Welker) and otherwise rambled for several painful minutes. Heard it was Florio who tweeted the "news" of Haley's comments, which just goes to show you how badly he's scraping the bottom of the barrel.

The irony is that Fred Smerles should be in the HOF.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Hilarious to see Seahawks fans calling the Patriots classless. Last I checked

- No Patriots were on the sideline taunting other teams players
- Patriots didn't start a rumble near the end of the game
- None of the Patriots threw a punch and ran away
- None of the Patriots took a **** on the AFC logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad