Post-Game Talk: Pats lose Super Bowl LII to Philly and Foxborough turns into a circus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The New England Patriots announced that a limited number of individual tickets for the Saturday, Jan. 13 game at Gillette Stadium will go on sale on Friday, Jan. 5 at 10 a.m. through Ticketmaster after they're made available to season ticket holders and Patriots ticket wait list members.
Tickets will not be sold at Gillette Stadium's ticket office.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Next year's HOF class is going to be stacked. Here are the finalists:

Ray Lewis
Brian Urlacher
Edgerrin James
Randy Moss
Terrell Owens
Issac Bruce
John Lynch
Brian Dawkins
Everson Walls
Ty Law
Tony Boselli
Kevin Mawae
Joe Jacoby
Steve Hutchinson
Alan Faneca

Moss, Owens, Lewis, and Dawkins are easy picks. I think Mawae gets in too (even if he was a cheapshot artist). I love Ty Law and he absolutely should go in the Hall eventually, but he's probably not going to get in with this competition. Same with Lynch and James. Boselli was the best lineman of the 90s by far, but his career was just too short to get in.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

Ray Lewis
Brian Urlacher
Edgerrin James
Randy Moss
Terrell Owens
Issac Bruce
John Lynch
Brian Dawkins
Everson Walls
Ty Law
Tony Boselli
Kevin Mawae
Joe Jacoby
Steve Hutchinson
Alan Faneca

Moss, Owens, Lewis, and Dawkins are easy picks. I think Mawae gets in too (even if he was a cheapshot artist). I love Ty Law and he absolutely should go in the Hall eventually, but he's probably not going to get in with this competition. Same with Lynch and James. Boselli was the best lineman of the 90s by far, but his career was just too short to get in.

I'd go with Lewis, Moss, Urlacher, Bruce, Lynch, Law

a few I've never heard of

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

Ray Lewis
Brian Urlacher
Edgerrin James
Randy Moss
Terrell Owens
Issac Bruce
John Lynch
Brian Dawkins
Everson Walls
Ty Law
Tony Boselli
Kevin Mawae
Joe Jacoby
Steve Hutchinson
Alan Faneca

Don't forget Faneca. Great player.

Reactions: McGarnagle

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Here's a curveball for ya folks:

as you know, Carolina's set to be transitioning from Founder/owner Jerry Richardson following this playoff run....

2 prominent names from NASCAR are linked in separate bids to buy the Panthers....

one is Felix Sabates; current minority owner in Chip Ganassi Racing's NASCAR effort and former owner of SABCO Racing (#42)... Sabates also has a stake in the NBA'S Charlotte Hornets.....

WCNC and NBC Charlotte has since learned that NASCAR Chairman/CEO Brian France was potentially another bidder for the Panthers..... since denied by NASCAR.... NBC Charlotte is working the story but cannot confirm the multiple sources that revealed a potential France involvement

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
If any league ever needed minority ownership its the NFL I'd hope the new owner for Carolina isn't an old rich white guy. Those franchises don't turn over too much and you get stuck with embarrassment trust fund kids like Irsay and the Moras running around like clowns since they have no reason to sell due to inheriting so much they didn't earn. Good thing Jonathan is a good guy I've agreed with him on any public comments he's ever made and will be happy for him when he gets the team.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
If any league ever needed minority ownership its the NFL I'd hope the new owner for Carolina isn't an old rich white guy. Those franchises don't turn over too much and you get stuck with embarrassment trust fund kids like Irsay and the Moras running around like clowns since they have no reason to sell due to inheriting so much they didn't earn. Good thing Jonathan is a good guy I've agreed with him on any public comments he's ever made and will be happy for him when he gets the team.

Pretty common knowledge that Jonathan is a pretty big prick.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia

as you know, Carolina's set to be transitioning from Founder/owner Jerry Richardson following this playoff run....

2 prominent names from NASCAR are linked in separate bids to buy the Panthers....

one is Felix Sabates; current minority owner in Chip Ganassi Racing's NASCAR effort and former owner of SABCO Racing (#42)... Sabates also has a stake in the NBA'S Charlotte Hornets.....

WCNC and NBC Charlotte has since learned that NASCAR Chairman/CEO Brian France was potentially another bidder for the Panthers..... since denied by NASCAR.... NBC Charlotte is working the story but cannot confirm the multiple sources that revealed a potential France involvement
What about Diddy?

Reactions: McGarnagle

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
but there's been nothing of substance to Diddy or even Steph Curry being involved in buying the Panthers after the Richardson fiasco/announcement of the Panthers' sale even in a metro like Charlotte, ashnathan..... maybe it's a subplot to the Panthers playoff run with everyone knowing that CAR is up for sale

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World

Lord help them if France is involved. He is not his father.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I read an article this morning about how even though the AFC is the designated home team in the Superbowl, if Minnesota comes out of the NFC, they will get the perks of having their home lockerroom, practice facility, and sideline anyway and the AFC champ would be switched to the road team facilities. The AFC Champ would still officially be the "home team" though and get to wear their dark jerseys, but in all other respects it'll be a Vikings home game. And there's a considerable chance of that happening - they're already the first team in history to be hosting a divisional playoff game in the year they're hosting the Superbowl.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I think it’s very realistic we see ATL back in the NFC Championship.

If they beat the Rams I think they’ll 100 percent beat Phillly

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
They may be favored, but I don't think it's 100%.

Philly was a good team all around beyond Wentz, and Nick Foles is a fairly decent NFL QB. He's not going to win it, but he won't lose it singlehandedly either

Reactions: N o o d l e s

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Im getting really tired of ESPN f***ing with the Patriots. I knew something was up with the Garoppolo trade but if whats being hinted is true then this is going to suck. I find it hard to believe that being told No once in 17 years is enough to piss Bill off to the point he wants to blow up the Franchise’ future and bail. And Tom Brady asking/demanding Garoppolo to be traded? I dont buy it. I guess we’ll find out when the bombshell is dropped tomorrow.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Im getting really tired of ESPN ****ing with the Patriots. I knew something was up with the Garoppolo trade but if whats being hinted is true then this is going to suck. I find it hard to believe that being told No once in 17 years is enough to piss Bill off to the point he wants to blow up the Franchise’ future and bail. And Tom Brady asking/demanding Garoppolo to be traded? I dont buy it. I guess we’ll find out when the bombshell is dropped tomorrow.

ya, been reading some of the stuff on Twitter as well. Might be time to shut off the radio for a while. ESPN, Boston media are all huge jokes who should move to SF to cover Jimmy G (who they've lost their minds over).

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
ya, been reading some of the stuff on Twitter as well. Might be time to shut off the radio for a while. ESPN, Boston media are all huge jokes who should move to SF to cover Jimmy G (who they've lost their minds over).
I hated that they traded Jimmy. I still do it was dumb as hell. But I just dont buy that it was demanded by Brady. I know there’s definitely issues behind closed doors (where they should stay) but some of this stuff sounds too far fetched

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad