Patriots/NFL PATRIOTS WIN SUPER BOWL LIII - GET THE DUCKBOATS READY!!!!!! - GEE WALLY MVP!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
I believe BB did what he thought was in the best interests of the team, to a fault. As for how did Butler do with Vrabel, he started rough with learning a new system, but was playing very well by the end of the season. That's how I think he did. And again, it doesn't matter what Butler did this year. Only that he was a guy that played 98% of the defensive snaps that year, yet didn't get one play on d in the biggest game. Because those were given to Badamosi, who couldn't cover anyone.

Tennessee CB Malcolm Butler's 2018 campaign was a tale of two halves | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

But hey, don't take my word for it, since you clearly are biased against the player. And this isn't me saying I'd want Butler back. Just that you clearly didn't watch or pay attention to how his season this year went.

Gilmore was the best DB in the league this season, Jason McCourty was 7th. If the choice was to move on from Gilmore or Butler, we made the right choice. But there's obviously no excuse for not playing both in last year's SB. Especially when you're already down Hightower and your pass rush is sucking all game. If either Edelman, Dont'a or Butler plays, we're almost certainly looking at a three-peat. 3 in 5 isn't bad either, though (especially when you got so close both those other times, compared to the SF Giants who missed the playoffs in all the four seasons surrounding their three wins).

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
51446935_10217069624505483_7977837787372060672_n.jpg

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Gilmore was the best DB in the league this season, Jason McCourty was 7th. If the choice was to move on from Gilmore or Butler, we made the right choice. But there's obviously no excuse for not playing both in last year's SB. Especially when you're already down Hightower and your pass rush is sucking all game. If either Edelman, Dont'a or Butler plays, we're almost certainly looking at a three-peat. 3 in 5 isn't bad either, though (especially when you got so close both those other times, compared to the SF Giants who missed the playoffs in all the four seasons surrounding their three wins).

Yep, and that was my point. Jonathan Bademosi over Butler. Ugh. lol

Reactions: Fossy21

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Let me know how the parade goes today. I am too far away ( live close to Toronto ONT) to attend. Love my Pats. For next year, assuming Gronk retires, I would draft ( in no particular order), TE, WR, LB, Edge Rusher, QB and S. Do we take a crack at getting Antonio Brown?

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Let me know how the parade goes today. I am too far away ( live close to Toronto ONT) to attend. Love my Pats. For next year, assuming Gronk retires, I would draft ( in no particular order), TE, WR, LB, Edge Rusher, QB and S. Do we take a crack at getting Antonio Brown?

The Steelers would murder Antonio Brown on live television before they'd trade him to the Pats (who wouldn't go after him anyway).

May 9, 2010
Weymouth
Is Mansfield considered South Shore, because I sure wouldn't consider it? Your overall point about the South Shore is correct though. I'm from the South Shore.

As a native of Scituate, I'm required to point out that the South Shore consists of towns from Quincy to Plymouth that touch the ocean or are one town removed from the ocean. So, I agree, Mansfield is not the South Shore.

OK, back to the parade: I went to the Sox one in '04, so I'm done with parades. I will say though, when I take the red line to work in Cambridge it's always a beautiful site coming over the Charles and seeing a massive flag on the Old Hancock the morning of whatever parade is happening that day.

Reactions: JRull86
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia