Patriots/NFL PATRIOTS WIN SUPER BOWL LIII - GET THE DUCKBOATS READY!!!!!! - GEE WALLY MVP!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
It's shocking the T isn't prepared...

They were very well prepared actually.

There's only so much the T can do on a day like today. They only have so many commuter rail cars and they're literally running them non-stop. I take the Lowell line and on a normal day, there's one every 15 mins during rush hour. What more could they do without trains running into each other?

I was only 2 mins later this morning than usual despite 4x as many people on my train than the average Tuesday. I'd say that's an A+ job by the T. Certainly better than the average snowy day this time of year.

Reactions: Fossy21

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Seattle one was ok?

Seriously?

In my mind SB 49 vs Seattle was amazing. Back and forth all game long. Ridiculous circus catch to put the Seahawks in position to win and then the Butler interception at the goal line. Rollercoaster of emotions in the final minutes.

I realize all of the Patriot’s SB’s have been nail biters, but 49 was one of my favorites. Snatching victory from the jaws of defeat.

I appreciated this year’s win because of some of the drama surrounding the team, but it was definitely the most boring game out of all of them.

Shouldn't have been like that either. Left so many points on the board in the first (including Brady red zone pick, roughing the kicker they called running into, etc.), would've hated to lose that game, but with that culmination, I wouldn't have had it any other way. :laugh:
(though if they won by 10, maybe haters would stop it with the "Brady didn't win that, Carroll lost it" shit)

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
They were very well prepared actually.

There's only so much the T can do on a day like today. They only have so many commuter rail cars and they're literally running them non-stop. I take the Lowell line and on a normal day, there's one every 15 mins during rush hour. What more could they do without trains running into each other?

I was only 2 mins later this morning than usual despite 4x as many people on my train than the average Tuesday. I'd say that's an A+ job by the T. Certainly better than the average snowy day this time of year.

I can tell you people in Mansfield weren't having the same great service you got.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I can tell you people in Mansfield weren't having the same great service you got.

There's still only so much they can do with the kind of numbers being reported that are using the system. Commuter rails and subways are overloaded. It would be interesting to see if they could better utilize the bus system to move people around and incentive people to consider that as an option.

The only way to guarantee the least amount of disruption for commuters and parade-goers alike is to only hold parades on weekends.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I have no desire to attend parades anymore. None. If the Bruins win again maybe I'll feel differently

Now get off my damn lawn.

Dont understand why they dont wait until the weekends to do these things. Its a big fu to the poor working people that need to get into town that work for a living.

I'm sure it has to do with the players wanting to get out of town

Reactions: Fenway

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
There's still only so much they can do with the kind of numbers being reported that are using the system. Commuter rails and subways are overloaded. It would be interesting to see if they could better utilize the bus system to move people around and incentive people to consider that as an option.

The only way to guarantee the least amount of disruption for commuters and parade-goers alike is to only hold parades on weekends.

I understand having issuers today, but in my 30 plus years using the T I've had plenty of issues that don't involve parades. They've left me high and dry more than once. I sit in the car for 2 hours a day because I rather not deal with them.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I understand having issuers today, but in my 30 plus years using the T I've had plenty of issues that don't involve parades. They've left me high and dry more than once. I sit in the car for 2 hours a day because I rather not deal with them.

I'm no fan of the T. Their service is abysmal at times and the price keeps increasing for decreases in service. But to complain about it today makes no sense to me. Handling the influx of riders, even in the best of conditions, is going to be impossible.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Rumors? Felgerish take there. You believe Belichick purposely sabotaged his own team's chances to win because of nepotism? ok. How is Butler doing in NO? Edit: Tenn

I believe BB did what he thought was in the best interests of the team, to a fault. As for how did Butler do with Vrabel, he started rough with learning a new system, but was playing very well by the end of the season. That's how I think he did. And again, it doesn't matter what Butler did this year. Only that he was a guy that played 98% of the defensive snaps that year, yet didn't get one play on d in the biggest game. Because those were given to Badamosi, who couldn't cover anyone.

Tennessee CB Malcolm Butler's 2018 campaign was a tale of two halves | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

But hey, don't take my word for it, since you clearly are biased against the player. And this isn't me saying I'd want Butler back. Just that you clearly didn't watch or pay attention to how his season this year went.

Reactions: nazartp

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Most of these players want to go home

People DON'T take buses unless they have to.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
If they win it again put the parade out for bid. They are after all the New England" patriots.

Have in RI,NH,CT,Maine,VT

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
Rumors? Felgerish take there. You believe Belichick purposely sabotaged his own team's chances to win because of nepotism? ok. How is Butler doing in NO? Edit: Tenn

I can only guess what Butler's transgression was, but I wouldn't put it past Belichick to bench him and risk the win to send a message that nobody is above the rules on the team. No matter what the game is and no matter who the player is. And he'd have done it to avoid turning the locker room into a dumpster fire aka Steelers.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I'm no fan of the T. Their service is abysmal at times and the price keeps increasing for decreases in service. But to complain about it today makes no sense to me. Handling the influx of riders, even in the best of conditions, is going to be impossible.

The BIG issue is one there is no easy fix - The core of the T was designed over 100 years and the city and commuter patterns have changed.

Reactions: JRull86

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston

My hatred of the T doesn't have to make sense to anyone else. They've earned every once of it.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Most of these players want to go home

People DON'T take buses unless they have to.

I get that they want to go home, and that's why they're rarely on weekends. But if you want a relatively simple way to ease congestion...that's it.

Again, I know people don't take busses unless they have to. So let's see the T get a little creative. Run express busses from major hubs, free of charge to riders. If you want to influence behavior, you need to make the changes necessary to do it. It's worth a shot.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
The BIG issue is one there is no easy fix - The core of the T was designed over 100 years and the city and commuter patterns have changed.

yup. its what is holding back true high speed commuter rail as well. The infrastructure and track layout is too old and cant handle the speeds.

really they cant do too much beyond "patch the leaks" moves unless the taxpayers are willing to fund/go through another Big Dig level project to essentially rebuild the system from scratch

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Had they not dumped the cost overruns from the Big Dig onto the mbta and thrown them into debt, things would be much different.

I wish there was a way to wipe away the debt from the big dig but I think that relief would have to be via federal funds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad