Player Discussion: Patrik Laine

Status
Not open for further replies.

nags

Sep 27, 2006
Recent analytics suggest that peak player performance is between the ages of 21-26. I love the way Stone plays but I'd rather gamble on a Laine bridge deal, I like the odds. I think signing Stone would shorten the current window.

Then the analytics are wrong. I'm going to guess when looked at in greater detail it trends closer to 26 not 21-26.

Only people who have played against men when they were teenagers understand the significance of the strength gain that occurs between 18 to 25. It is massive, as in most cases 100% stronger.

He will grow into his body and when he does he will be an incredible force. Book it.

p.s. Rumours suggest the Stone family don't care for the True North organization. Unsubstantiated but never the less it has been discussed among folks of similar vintage to Stone.

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
People won't be happy till they chase him out of town. I mean did we learn nothing from Selanne. Guy scored 18 goals in November and is going through a horrendous stretch right now. He will get out of it and the guy can flat out score like no one else in this league
So if he scores 50 but is on the ice for 60 against, is that ok?

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
People won't be happy till they chase him out of town. I mean did we learn nothing from Selanne. Guy scored 18 goals in November and is going through a horrendous stretch right now. He will get out of it and the guy can flat out score like no one else in this league
:clap::clap::clap::clap:Can we sticky this? Can't have anything nice can we.

Reactions: Howard Chuck

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I was chuffed by some of his play last night, but I'm still not worried about a 20 year old player of his considerable talents.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

The trouble with this stretch is no one who has ever scored 44 goals has had a down stretch like this for 3 months going on 4 and completely forgotten how to play the way that made them successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad