Patrik Laine. You gotta move your feet...or do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Yeah, I'm sure sure the professional hockey writers and his peers were all wrong. Ippenator has it all figured out. NHL players knew nothing, professional writers knew nothing. It's argument to authority, right?

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Yeah, I'm sure sure the professional hockey writers and his peers were all wrong. Ippenator has it all figured out. NHL players knew nothing, professional writers knew nothing. It's argument to authority, right?

Apparently Ovechkin in his prime should have stopped scoring goals and just blocked shots or something. Would have helped his team more.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Apparently Ovechkin in his prime should have stopped scoring goals and just blocked shots or something. Would have helped his team more.
He should have not had those constant disconnected controller-moments, and instead done real work for the sake of his teammates with backchecking - like real hockey players do, you know...

Reactions: johan f

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
He should have not had those constant disconnected controller-moments, and instead done real work for the sake of his teammates with backchecking - like real hockey players do, you know...

Yes, Ovie does not play like a real hockey player. WHAT A PHONY!!!

Plural

Mar 10, 2011

There are few posters on this site you need to know who either have a schtick or are just simply out of their minds. I'm not entirely sure yet which Ippenator is, but it 100% is one of the two.

Laine is a funny player in a way that I've never seen any player to attract such a large amount of, well unreachable posters. I still love him. I still think he's going to improve and be a perennial Rocket contender and if things go really well, he will challenge for the Art a time or two. But not even the most frantic Sid fan was as delusional as few of the infamous Laine fans.

It is what it is. We just have to wait and it will cool down.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012

What about Ovie's teammates that didnt contribute anything offensively? Are they real hockey players?

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
You almost make it sound like I’m the only person whom ever has seen these nasty flaws that Ovechkin had in his game. In fact I would have to use here the term that you yourself seem to like to use so much. Honestly quite a load of intellectual dishonesty...

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
You almost make it sound like I’m the only person whom ever has seen these nasty flaws that Ovechkin had in his game. In fact I would have to use here the term that you yourself seem to like to use so much. Honestly quite a load of intellectual dishonesty...

People like Mike Milbury? Not great company.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011

Yup, I just have no idea how it took so long to his peers to catch up. I mean, three times in a row he won it and they still didn't see it. Even with his atrocious +/-, right? Nobody is saying he was nearly as good as he was when he started winning those rockets again. But at his peak (and you've stated a lot of times that he was not as good as he is today) he was unanimously considered the best player in the world. Opinion that claims OV is at his best now is an opinion with bias or otherwise unworthy.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Yes, Ovie does not play like a real hockey player. WHAT A PHONY!!!
Wrong. Nowadays he even does play like a real hockey player. At least most of the time. In his ”prime” though he was just a stupid hillbilly dressed as a diva, and had absolutely no clue of how he would really help his team win in the most meaningful games. He was playing for himself. Players like that will always have a bad effect in winning when it means the most. And he sure did that! At least he seems to have learned his lesson, and knows already most of the time how to play responsibly and for the team. Still because of all those years of horrible team play by him, I can’t wish for him to ever win the Stanley Cup.

Reactions: Flair Hay

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I mean, if this is not blind insanity I don't know what is. No-one can pull an act like this for more than two years. I've been messing around for few days and replying to people I have on ignore. My suggestion is to do as I do. Start updating and respecting your ignore list. Threads will improve tenfold.

Reactions: Se829ne

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Yup, I just have no idea how it took so long to his peers to catch up. I mean, three times in a row he won it and they still didn't see it. Even with his atrocious +/-, right? Nobody is saying he was nearly as good as he was when he started winning those rockets again. But at his peak (and you've stated a lot of times that he was not as good as he is today) he was unanimously considered the best player in the world. Opinion that claims OV is at his best now is an opinion with bias or otherwise unworthy.
Goals make people blind really. Also it seems that Ovechkin’s personality seems to have been something that most of the American hockey people have really liked for some reason. To me he is not at all a sympathetic person. Just an obnoxious hillbilly type, who takes things carefree and without real responsibility for his teammates. I just can’t have respect for him as a player or as the hockey personality that I have seen. And you Ovechkin fan boys will definitely not change my mind on him with your rants of how great he has been as a player.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Goals make people blind really. Also it seems that Ovechkin’s personality seems to have been something that most of the American hockey people have really liked for some reason. To me he is not at all a sympathetic person. Just an obnoxious hillbilly type, who takes things carefree and without real responsibility for his teammates. I just can’t have respect for him as a player or as the hockey personality that I have seen. And you Ovechkin fan boys will definitely not change my mind on him with your rants of how great he has been as a player.

I know. I also know no-one is really interested in changing your mind. We just occasionally make fun of you (sort of in Ovechkin hillbilly style which you don't really get) and move on. Trust me. nobody here cares enough about your opinion to actually do nothing more than yank your chains.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
I mean, if this is not blind insanity I don't know what is. No-one can pull an act like this for more than two years. I've been messing around for few days and replying to people I have on ignore. My suggestion is to do as I do. Start updating and respecting your ignore list. Threads will improve tenfold.
I can assure you that if I would believe in the ”Godly light” called the ignore list, you would have been one of the first posters on my list. But I don’t, so I will just suck it up and keep enjoying posts of all kinds of quality. It in fact can be quite funny and refreshing sometimes.

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017

Wasn't it you who stated " GOALS ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN HOCKEY" ? Did you change your mind because Laine did NOT achieve his 80 goals 150 points. Or do you just change your tune to suit your arguments as needed!!!

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
I know. I also know no-one is really interested in changing your mind. We just occasionally make fun of you (sort of in Ovechkin hillbilly style which you don't really get) and move on. Trust me. nobody here cares enough about your opinion to actually do nothing more than yank your chains.
It is obviously something completely else than ”yanking my chains”. The pure anger that all of you show for someone completely questioning the class of your hero by real arguments, is very tangible. Nice try to make a save by you for sure.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Wasn't it you who stated " GOALS ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN HOCKEY" ? Did you change your mind because Laine did NOT achieve his 80 goals 150 points. Or do you just change your tune to suit your arguments as needed!!!
Yes, but not with the cost of how Ovechkin played towards his teammates in his ”prime”. There are still basic things that every player should take care of before I can accept their effort as goalscorers. And making backchecking with some real effort is definitely one of those things..

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
It is obviously something completely else than ”yanking my chains”. The pure anger that all of you show for someone completely questioning the class of your hero by real arguments, is very tangible. Nice try to make a save by you for sure.

I think you're misinterpreting the word hate. It's amusement. Petty? Yes. But it's still just pulling you. As is evident by your inability to leave.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
I think you're misinterpreting the word hate. It's amusement. Petty? Yes. But it's still just pulling you. As is evident by your inability to leave.
Hate and anger are two different things. I didn’t even use the word hate here. Shows how lost you are here with your anger.

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
Yes, but not with the cost of how Ovechkin played towards his teammates in his ”prime”. There are still basic things that every player should take care of before I can accept their effort as goalscorers. And making backchecking with some real effort is definitely one of those things..

And where was all of this when Laine didn't know the meaning of back checking (still not good at it) when he would cost his team?

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
And where was all of this when Laine didn't know the meaning of back checking (still not good at it) when he would cost his team?
He has always done backchecking with a good effort. If you claim otherwise, then you just dont watch him play.

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
If we're talking about personalities Laine comes off ten times more cocky than ovechkin but I guess that's having good onfidence when he's a finn right?

Since a very few vocal minority think prime ovechkin sucked and made the caps lose I'm going to link a highlight pack of his 2009 playoffs I found on youtube so everyone can enjoy themselves.

Reactions: Schooner

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
He has always done backchecking with a good effort. If you claim otherwise, then you just dont watch him play.

You seem to say that to everyone who has a different opinion than you , well he sucks at it.... he is too slow to back check, spends too much energy going forward not enough left to get back!!!! Maybe you should watch him with less Laine covered glasses or the Laine Kool-Aid. Less than average player ....great shot that's it!! He needs others to help him score goals other wise he is a useless player!! Enough with the false praising. Dont bother responding to me I dont give a rat's ass as what you are going to say!!!! You must be related to the plug.

Laine now has 1 less goal than Mathews in 1 more game played in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad