Patrik Laine. You gotta move your feet...or do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
A little levity in the pressure grind that is the Stanley Cup playoffs.

I thought this was both funny and amusing. In the video below Maurice is yelling to Patrick Laine "You got to f***ing move your feet, kid." where *Laine shoots and scores* Maurice then adds "Or do that."

But I agree, when he is moving his feet, he is that much better as a player.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Laine has never been electric or explosive skater but he's seemingly fatigued recently.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Laine has never been electric or explosive skater but he's seemingly fatigued recently.

At the end of the regular season and start of Wild series he was nursing a bad back. Left practice multi times early and grimacing in pain & holding it. Some speculation he has some sort of back injury he’s playing thru. Of course no one will acknowledge it either way, but has been clear at the practices at times. We won’t know anything until the playoffs are done.

Dessert Nights

Back in Form
Nov 22, 2016
Finland
At the end of the regular season and start of Wild series he was nursing a bad back. Left practice multi times early and grimacing in pain & holding it. Some speculation he has some sort of back injury he’s playing thru. Of course no one will acknowledge it either way, but has been clear at the practices at times. We won’t know anything until the playoffs are done.

The weight of the beard takes its toll. :dunno:

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
Don't dismiss the fact that this is probably the most games he's ever played in a season. Not exactly the first time we've seen a young player get tired by the end of the season because it's their first time playing more then 50/60 games in a season.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
A little levity in the pressure grind that is the Stanley Cup playoffs.

I thought this was both funny and amusing. In the video below Maurice is yelling to Patrick Laine "You got to f***ing move your feet, kid." where *Laine shoots and scores* Maurice then adds "Or do that."

But I agree, when he is moving his feet, he is that much better as a player.

Wait - both funny AND amusing?? :naughty:
But yeah, that's a good clip :laugh:

Reactions: koth

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Don't dismiss the fact that this is probably the most games he's ever played in a season. Not exactly the first time we've seen a young player get tired by the end of the season because it's their first time playing more then 50/60 games in a season.
Laine played in 2015-2016 season in Europe 92 games during the whole season. Liiga regular season and playoffs, WJC tournament all games and men’s WHC tournament all games. So it’s not exactly true that he is not used to playing already quite a lot of games per season.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
I thought this was supposed to actually be about Ehlers, not Laine? Or is it him for sure?
I think it was really said to Laine. He hasn't been moving his feet that often well lately. Ehlers has been moving his feet pretty much all the time, but his problems have been in other areas definitely. I can’t see Maurice shouting that really to Ehlers. At least no logic in that.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Except 23 year old Ovechkin was a complete disaster defensively compared to 20 year old Laine and prime Wheeler. So not close and definitely no cigar...

He was such a possession beast that defensive game didin't really matter that much. He was lazy defensively though.

Reactions: TimeZone and Peanut

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
He was such a possession beast that defensive game didin't really matter that much. He was lazy defensively though.
A player who shoots from everywhere is NOT a possession monster in reality, but in fact a monstrous turnover machine, and causing constant two on one’s and three on two’s, if he doesnt backcheck with real good effort. That’s exactly how Ovechkin played at those times and practically for a decade. I have zero respect for the Ovechkin of those times. This season though he has been a lot better than he has ever been as a complete player. Huge difference when comparing him now to how he was for practically a decade.

Want to guess how his absolutely horrible +/- stats were mostly caused? Hint - had to do mostly with one of the weakest forechecking wingers and turnover monster in the league.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
A player who shoots from everywhere is NOT a possession monster in reality, but in fact a monstrous turnover machine, and causing constant two on one’s and three on two’s, if he doesnt backcheck with real good effort. That’s exactly how Ovechkin played at those times and practically for a decade. I have zero respect for the Ovechkin of those times. This season though he has been a lot better than he has ever been as a complete player. Huge difference when comparing him now to how he was for practically a decade.

Want to guess how his absolutely horrible +/- stats were mostly caused? Hint - had to do mostly with one of the weakest forechecking wingers and turnover monster in the league.

You mean his horrible +/- of +45 which was second in the league in 72 games? Or that other time when he was +27 and 7th in the league. That's the OV I'm talkinh about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad