Patrik Laine - Top-tier legend in the making?

EhlersChin

Aug 23, 2017
That post was not predicting a 80 goal season for Laine, that's just his rookie and sophomore seasons goal totals added up.

Start at the first post in the thread. It's the most embarrassing thread on this platform. Like I said many of those posters have tucked tail and vanished. Some still around but now very quiet. No cool graphs, no more 66 comparisons, reality has set in.

Reactions: Dingo

jepjepjoo

Dec 31, 2002
Let's take a walk down memory lane, wow what a post that was lulz.
Is this the year Laine hits that 80g season? I want to hear what Laines fans think of their idol this year. Any predictions or projections? Would also like to see any graphs made last year, or do we pretend it (last year) didn't happen?

Reading comprehension...

EhlersChin

Aug 23, 2017
Reading comprehension...

How are all these posts aging? Be honest with yourself and all the other Laine fanatics. Is he still too raw? Maybe the injury excuse? Whatever the excuse, we can both agree he will never live up to the lofty expectations of this embarrassing thread.

jepjepjoo

Dec 31, 2002
How are all these posts aging? Be honest with yourself and all the other Laine fanatics. Is he still too raw? Maybe the injury excuse? Whatever the excuse, we can both agree he will never live up to the lofty expectations of this embarrassing thread.

My only contribution to this thread is being quoted in the first post and I can stand behind everything I wrote.

EhlersChin

Aug 23, 2017
My only contribution to this thread is being quoted in the first post and I can stand behind everything I wrote.

Your post history is visible bud, your Laine takes (not necessarily in this thread)were ultra embarrassing. I can quote them for you if you forget.
Before I forget can you message the other fanatics and ask for one of those cool graphs for last year. I can't seem to find one.
Without a Calder, a rocket, a 50g season, a 160pt season we can safely assume your boy hasn't even sniffed your expectations.

jepjepjoo

Dec 31, 2002
Your post history is visible bud, your Laine takes (not necessarily in this thread)were ultra embarrassing. I can quote them for you if you forget.
Before I forget can you message the other fanatics and ask for one of those cool graphs for last year. I can't seem to find one.
Without a Calder, a rocket, a 50g season, a 160pt season we can safely assume your boy hasn't even sniffed your expectations.

Go ahead post top5 of my most embarrasing takes... I checked your post history and it's mainly about Laine and claiming that people predicted 80g seasons for him.

Here's your quote about Laine lying about his golf handicap:
He's a vanity-cap, claims a cap far lower then it actually is. Example claims 5 but is double digits. Worst kind of partner you can have in team bet.

Reactions: Yozhik v tumane

Husqvarna

Jan 5, 2019
Patrik Laine will kick to kill - no more and no less. What's even the prob:huh:.
Jesus jävla Kristus.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
No He's not, Here a hint.....It starts with an Auston and ends with a Mathews. That's who the best player is from the 2016 draft.

Edit: If you are talking a legend in Finland knock yourself out. If you are talking world wide, we know who it is and it's not Laine.
Im fascinated by the finnish fans longing after their first drafted 1 overall prospect.
Ok, wrong thread but here is some tips;
It has to be a 2 way center, with size over 180 cm. Why wouldnt you chose that if you draft first?
Or a very smart defenseman.

Winger oronly offensice powerhouse players - you have to be really special. Like Ovechkin, etc. Hall was a gamechanger at the time he was drafted, with great hustle. He just didnt progress in an intelligent way.

You dont trade for 1Cs. You draft them.
Thats why centers almost all the timr goes first.

So let go of winger position, and scoring a ton of points.

The closest 1st overall Finland got was Aleksander Barkov. If not MacKinnon where a phenom, he could very well go first, because the spotlight would be between him and Seth Jones.

And finnish fans also seems to like blaming coaches for not trusting a prospect. Well, the otjer way around. The youngsters maybe doesnt get learned the importance of a good defensive game in junior, to be a great playrr.Getting overly exposed for the lack of a defensive understanding. Meaning the coaches wont help the prospects developement if not showing them they arent good enough

Liiga seems to be a very offensive oriented league, wich is fun. But probably not great for elite prospect developement. In Sweden there are always big concenious about defensive side of the game. SHL is just as strong as liiga offensive wise, but the defensive side is just stronger in SHL. I guess thats why many swedish prospects exceeds in NHL.

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
I have no idea who would even compare Laine to Matthews these days, but it's not like the balding boy has a good start for the season either. I guess it's just hard to understand that Finland has a borderline arrogant sniper these days. If he stays healthy he still will pot 40 this year on a bad team, and some clowns will still compare him to Ovechkin or Matthews (didnt score as many!!11).

Maybe get over that we got some NHL stars that aren't shy, and instead act like their status. There is not going back to the Saku Koivu era where you need to keep your mouth shut and act like a zombie or you are hated. If any one of you have met for example Rantanen at summer, he isn't actually shy about how good he is.

Puckluck

Jan 8, 2016
Well, he scored his 20th goal today for the season (or yesterday, depending on where you are). Encouraging to see that lately he has scored with some consistency (6 goals and 11 points in his last 10 games).

FINJuniors

Aug 22, 2022
Patrik Laine is one of those players who can become an icon: he is special enough with a spike, causes emotion (as demonstrated here as well) and has a top draft number as a good career starting point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad