Patrik Laine over/under 55 goals

Laine over or under 55 goals this season?

• Over 55 goals

• Under 55 goals

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
I think he gets 60

the last few games he has looked better than ever, his skating is catching up just look at his 3rd goal against st. louis

Reactions: Psych0dad

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
Hard to say. A lot of things point to Laine not being able to score over 55. The biggest things being Paul Maurice, limited icetime and a slow start to the season. Plus Laine is known to run out of steam in the last 10 games of the regular season.

But a lot of things also point to Laine being able to score over 55. The biggest being he's shooting more this season. And the powerplay has been clicking. And Laine always plays lights out when Matthews is out with an injury.

It might all come down to how long this current hot streak continues. Is it already over or will it go on? An X factor might also be that Laine will play Chicago 3 times in his next 10 games and Chicago has been struggling so far this season letting in a lot of goals. Can Laine capitalize on that or will the new coach turn things around and shut out Laine?

My guess has been that Laine will tie Ovechkin 52 goals as a 20 year old if he's healthy the whole season, but he could pull a Cheechoo and score 56 goals too...

Reactions: olli

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I voted over because he is a roughly equal goal scorer to Matthews who I thought was going for 55-60 this season so I think it's possible.

Reactions: Psych0dad

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Under.

All players go in slumps, and Laine has done it before in long stretches too. I could see a couple more hat tricks coming his way this season so really, the jury is out.

Reactions: lawrence

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B
It's all in Paul Maurices hands. If he utilizes Laine correctly, over 60 goals. Could go way over in best conditions (in 1st line with Connor and Scheifele, full 2 min PP) but we don't get to see that unfortunately.

Let's say 63 this season if healthy and not further restricted by mgmt...just keep this line together and he can go over 60.

Reactions: Keduzin

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Under. 55 is pretty hard to push. especially considering season drags on, fatigue, the grind, etc etc.

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
holy people

I understand he's on a hot streak, but you're asking him to do what no one since Stamkos has done, hit at least 55 goals, let alone 50, which only OV has been able to do since 2012, 2012!

the recency bias on this site is insane

Reactions: IPS and Critical91

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B
holy people

I understand he's on a hot streak, but you're asking him to do what no one since Stamkos has done, hit at least 55 goals, let alone 50, which only OV has been able to do since 2012, 2012!

the recency bias on this site is insane

No recency bias for me. I have been calling for him to go well past Ovis numbers, since he started in the NHL. I started suggesting that trajectory for him before he played in NHL.

Now that the shackles have come off, we will get to witness history in the making.

Rogue Winger

Mar 10, 2018
It's close, but voted under. I mean 55 goals with a secondary ice time would be too crazy even for Laine. (If anybody could pull that off it's him, though)

It's likely that Laine will eventually score 60 goal season(s) when he start to play regular 1st liner minutes. It's not even much hyping, since he has stats to back it up. Actually Laine will be disappointment for me if he fails to score several 55+ seasons when playing healthy with star level TOI. But we are not there yet.

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
They found Laine a new Stastny in Connor, but 55 is so rare these days. I think 55 is possible only with zero injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad