Post-Game Talk: Patrick Russell needs to recalibrate his controller

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
We have had an "easier" schedule, but I am so sick of hearing it. You can say the NYI were the one good team. Top D team last year.

The Effin Flames have had Vegas and COL as "Hard" teams. 1 more hard team. That's it. All I hear from these mouth breathers is about our soft schedule.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Much better effort tonight. Tenacious backcheck and urgency all over the ice. Controlled aggressiveness. Force the opponent puck carrier at all times (taking time and space away) and have support either doubling up on the puck carrier smartly at the right time or cutting off and intercepting passes.

Forcing the wings shooters, making the shots contested and disturbed. Makes things a lot easier for the tendy. Maybe it was NEVER the tendys fault in edmonton.... it was likely the lack of effort/urgency in defending and giving just that extra time and space for the opposing shooters to snipe and change angles on the tendy.

Culture of consistent hard work and supporting each other on the ice through 60 mins.

I think the leadership of Neal is shining through too, not just his goals. You can see that second line pick it up when the Connor line was saggin just that bit. Can't discount Neal's veteran leadership.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I think we as Oilers fans need to start the Draisaitl for Selke train. At least let’s start shining the spotlight so he’ll get nominations down the road cause he is a monster on D. I don’t think there’s a better forward in the league and not many D-men that are as good as him in pass anticipation and interception.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
We have had an "easier" schedule, but I am so sick of hearing it. You can say the NYI were the one good team. Top D team last year.

The Effin Flames have had Vegas and COL as "Hard" teams. 1 more hard team. That's it. All I hear from these mouth breathers is about our soft schedule.

I think people underestimate the Canucks. They are not a bad team this year.

Reactions: ErnieScar Brocket99

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Funny how in a game like this they squeak out a 2-1 win, but it easily could have been a 6 goal outburst like the Philly game. Solid effort and a well coached team. Kosikinen looking really good so far this year. Have to wonder how he could have looked last year if Hitch hadn’t run him into the ground.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad