Post-Game Talk: Patrick Russell needs to recalibrate his controller

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Jurco line had the best Corsi tonight. Followed by the Nuge line.

Connors line was 3rd.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Mantha, Larkin have been tearing it up to start the season have they not?

If you're not going to come to a game prepared to work ... your ass is gonna get beat. It's pretty much that simple.

Ask Tampa Bay what all their "talent" did in the playoffs. This ain't the NBA where the Golden State Warriors can just show up and the other team ****s their pants and is mentally beat before tip-off.

Yup.

These guys are professionals and proud athletes. Plus just the nature of the game, it’s played on steel blades on ice. Skaters can’t play 90 percent of the game like they can in basketball.

Anyone can beat anyone on any given night in the NHL.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I like the speed and Euro ability of Haas, but I don't think he's strong enough for the NHL.

Holland is still probably going to have to wheel and deal a bit this season.

Eh, strength is overrated. It'll take him a good month to even start getting used to the size of the rink and the speed of the game. The speed and the hands are there though. Same with Nygard.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Really have to keep going here. Next 8 games will be interesting with some tougher opponents.
The start has been great, but a good chunk of the Pacific division is keeping pace and playing well.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Really have to keep going here. Next 8 games will be interesting with some tougher opponents.
The start has been great, but a good chunk of the Pacific division is keeping pace and playing well.

The Central looks weak though. Dallas isn't great this year and the Jets have taken a big step back. Nashville isn't elite anymore either.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Cypress

Mar 4, 2018
Eh, next 8 games we still play against mostly bad opponents aside from Washington. Absurdly soft schedule to start the season really. Hopefully we've got the winner effect going already.

Cypress

Mar 4, 2018
The Central looks weak though. Dallas isn't great this year and the Jets have taken a big step back. Nashville isn't elite anymore either.
Funny how every year they predict the central will be ridiculous and it always ends up average.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country

Fair point.
Yeah, early, but most of the off-season predictions (including my own) had 5 certain playoff teams from the Central and 3 from Pacific.
Anybody's ball game now though if the start is any indication.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Yup.

These guys are professionals and proud athletes. Plus just the nature of the game, it’s played on steel blades on ice. Skaters can’t play 90 percent of the game like they can in basketball.

Anyone can beat anyone on any given night in the NHL.

Really? The last 3 Wings scorelines against Canadian Clubs, before tonight was 5-2, 5-1, 5-1. A collective score of 15-4. Leafs spanked them, Nucks spanked them, even Flames spanked them.

I've be amazed if the Wings weren't one of the worst teams in the league this season. They showed up for the first few games and have some pride, sure, but they have a line up that is not going to win a lot of games. This is a team that looks like they could lose a dozen games in a row. Awful club.

Last 3 seasons, and looks like this one, the Wings have been one of the very worst clubs in the league. They average around 75pts. About as bad as it gets at the NHL level for a 3 yr average.

Last edited:

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Eh, next 8 games we still play against mostly bad opponents aside from Washington. Absurdly soft schedule to start the season really. Hopefully we've got the winner effect going already.

I think Pittsburgh has been playing the excellent hockey and the Jets are still deep and dangerous up front.
And as the season goes, teams find their grooves too. Nothing for granted in this league.
Would just be icing on the cake to keep rolling here.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I think Pittsburgh has been playing the excellent hockey and the Jets are still deep and dangerous up front.
And as the season goes, teams find their grooves too. Nothing for granted in this league.

I would note though that Washington is having massive goaltending issues right now lol.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Really? The last 3 Wings scorelines against Canadian Clubs, before tonight was 5-2, 5-1, 5-1. A collective score of 15-4. Leafs spanked them, Nucks spanked them, even Flames spanked them.

I've be amazed if the Wings weren't one of the worst teams in the league this season. They showed up for the first few games and have some pride, sure, but they have a line up that is not going to win a lot of games. This is a team that looks like they could lose a dozen games in a row. Awful club.

Last 3 seasons, and looks like this one, the Wings have been one of the very worst clubs in the league. They average around 75pts. About as bad as it gets at the NHL level for a 3 yr average.

Go look at some pics of Celeste Desjardins and stop being so curmudgeonly tonight. ;)

Cypress

Mar 4, 2018
Ok yeah we play pittsburgh in like 6 or 7 more games. so two good teams in the next 8. Winnipeg is a bad team right now, and while there is always the possibility of losing we SHOULD absolutely light them up on Sunday.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Go look at some pics of Celeste Desjardins and stop being so curmudgeonly tonight. ;)

Judging from the Wings thread they hate their team more than I do. No Joy in Motortown. Not much motors either. Somebody shut out the lights in Detroit, nothing good is happening there.

Somehow watching the Wings any time over the alst few years does this to me. I expect a boring game and get it. Jerseys didn't help tonight. The Red Wings team looks awful and our Jerseys looked awful. The sum effect was hurting my eyes. McDrai line played tonight like they didn't even want to be seen in these things, or for sure not in the hilites.

Can't see these Jerseys flying off the shelves but weirder things have happened.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Judging from the Wings thread they hate their team more than I do. No Joy in Motortown. Not much motors either. Somebody shut out the lights in Detroit, nothing good is happening there.

Somehow watching the Wings any time over the alst few years does this to me. I expect a boring game and get it. Jerseys didn't help tonight. The Red Wings team looks awful and our Jerseys looked awful. The sum effect was hurting my eyes. McDrai line played tonight like they didn't even want to be seen in these things, or for sure not in the hilites.

Can't see these Jerseys flying off the shelves but weirder things have happened.

Need more happy Replacement. Go watch the replay of the Canadian soccer team beating the US finally after an entire generation of not beating them.

Reactions: RegDunlop

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
You need a superstar that can guarantee you at least 1 point per game..

We have 2. Feels good man.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Jersey's are sexy af. First live game since 2017, and they look so sick in person. Just saw the PVR replay and it looks almost black, which is still pretty nice.
Excellent hard working game, Detroit came to play. Was it 5 or 6 posts? Easily could've been a 4-1 affair.
Koskinen is the One.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad