Tribute Patrick Kane

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
I dunno, after all it is the Cup or nothing for the NYR. If their GM refuses to give a 1st or a decent prospect. Only offering a 2nd and scraps? He can kick rocks and watch his play-off window close right before his eyes.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
He won't re-sign with the Rangers. They literally do not have the cap space unless he's signing for at most $3m, and even then they might have to say goodbye to Chytil, Laf, or Miller to make it work.

It won't happen.
Can confirm this as a Rangers fan.

Unless we dump Goodrow and so on, which should happen, but it won't.

Goodrow isn't bad, he's solid. But that contract is... yeah, you know.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Not making that trade doesn't make this situation any different. They wouldn't of won or even maybe made the playoffs still with him the next year and either trade him or he walks to the Rangers after the next.

What vision of a different scenario do you honestly see having happened? How at all?

Well, the trade was made to try and save Toews the writing was on the wall he was on the decline but management didn't want to see it.

I see a team built around prime Kane and Panarain as easily a playoff team along with Cat lots of firepower plus whatever you got for a traded Toews....do they win a cup? I dunno...but it would be alot better than what we got

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Well, the trade was made to try and save Toews the writing was on the wall he was on the decline but management didn't want to see it.

I see a team built around prime Kane and Panarain as easily a playoff team along with Cat lots of firepower plus whatever you got for a traded Toews....do they win a cup? I dunno...but it would be alot better than what we got
Right, in your fantasy version of a unrealistic scenario where Toews is traded it makes sense... which wouldn't of happened. There's one thing living in the past, but not the extra beyond.

Reactions: AzHawk

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Right, in your fantasy version of a unrealistic scenario where Toews is traded it makes sense... which wouldn't of happened. There's one thing living in the past, but not the extra beyond
I mean, he should have been traded I think everyone would agree with that.. but then the franchise too concerned about brand and sentimentality and whatever.

Definitely.

I could see them waiting an extra day so he can play one final game at home as a farewell thing

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well...yes hexwas a star for 15 of hus 16 seasons ...thisxseason more Mr.Mopey and no starring much toll recently in tgex2 weeks before he got pulled forvtge big trade that was coning..

Charkie Roumeliotis called him the greatest Blackhawks player in club history...No ...

BuT despite all his offensive talent and production the guy is ONLY a CAREER +20..
..that ny friend is a number so bad over such a long period of time...16 seasons ...that it has to disqualify him as the greatest Blackhawks player ever...It means he hardly made any difference at evens ...for all his offense basically a wash at Even strength..And how may times have we complained about him not being interested in checking...or staying up high to cheat for break-away transitions andc2 on1 chances?...yes he suppliied a lot of thrills but he also frustrated with disinterest in checking assignments...he never was going to be physical..but at least try more often than he did to stay on his check and check harder ...but exceot for a few games where he did exert to check hard,mostly there were far too many games where he just did not care to check much or check very hard to win pucks in the d-zone..and too many times when the opps took advantage and scored on the Hawks because of this.
I am not even sure you could call him the flashiest or most dazzling Blackhawks playerof alktime..Or even the most exciting..Bith Bobby Hulk and Denis Savard were more exciting in theirceras ..Best vision ...best passer ...sure...no question..Great star...sure...but the flaw of not bothering to check except when hecesnyed to do it ...which was rare ...in my books disqualifies him from being called the greatest lack Hawks pkayer in history. I guess that depends on your criteria for that title.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
So Patrick Kane is now a Ranger...sadness...

Leaves us sitting 66th all time in goals with 446

38th in assists with 779

43rd all time in points with an amazing 1225!

As for how he sits statistically within the Blackhawks’ record books

Games played...3rd with 1161
Goals...3rd
Assists...2nd
Points...2nd

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
I remember being totally pissed off when Dale Tallon chose Kane over Kyle Turris in the draft.

What a moron I was! :baghead:
Our one and only time we ever picked first overall...
Out of that draft Kane ranks first in games played, goals, assists and points...he even ranks 16th in PIM...no one better!

Reactions: Dead Meat

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Best by far!

Attachments

• A40CBF95-60AA-4CEF-A25B-DF0C5BF82299.png
    A40CBF95-60AA-4CEF-A25B-DF0C5BF82299.png
    396.5 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: Mrfenn92

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Thx!
Even though I'm a Hawks fan and Patrick Sharp fan for sure, the Staals are a fixture in town, they can stop in the Canadian Pro Golf Tour here for 3-4 yrs with some celebs obviously involved, I was able to meet both Bobby Orr and Al Secord one year...great taking with Secord, he's in the airline industry like myself so that was kinda cool to swap stories, how many yrs left to get to retirement that kinda stuff, Secord was going to be golfing with Rick Vaive of all people, they were traded for each other!
Happy th Hawks got Toews tho...look at that 2006 draft,
1 Erik Johnson, STL no Cups
2 Staal, PIT 1 Cup
3 Toews, CHI 3 Cups
4 Nicklas Backstrom, WAS 1Cup
5 Phil Kessel, TOR 2 Cups with PIT

Nice job STL...even tho you did win in 2019
Updated today…
1.ERIK JOHNSON, STL, 1 Cup with COL
2.Staal, PIT 1 Cup
3.Toews, CHI 3 Cups
4.Backstrom, WAS 1 Cup
5.PHIL KESSEL, TOR 3 Cups, 2 Cups with PIT, 1 Cup with VEG

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Well...yes hexwas a star for 15 of hus 16 seasons ...thisxseason more Mr.Mopey and no starring much toll recently in tgex2 weeks before he got pulled forvtge big trade that was coning..

Charkie Roumeliotis called him the greatest Blackhawks player in club history...No ...

BuT despite all his offensive talent and production the guy is ONLY a CAREER +20..
..that ny friend is a number so bad over such a long period of time...16 seasons ...that it has to disqualify him as the greatest Blackhawks player ever...It means he hardly made any difference at evens ...for all his offense basically a wash at Even strength..And how may times have we complained about him not being interested in checking...or staying up high to cheat for break-away transitions andc2 on1 chances?...yes he suppliied a lot of thrills but he also frustrated with disinterest in checking assignments...he never was going to be physical..but at least try more often than he did to stay on his check and check harder ...but exceot for a few games where he did exert to check hard,mostly there were far too many games where he just did not care to check much or check very hard to win pucks in the d-zone..and too many times when the opps took advantage and scored on the Hawks because of this.
I am not even sure you could call him the flashiest or most dazzling Blackhawks playerof alktime..Or even the most exciting..Bith Bobby Hulk and Denis Savard were more exciting in theirceras ..Best vision ...best passer ...sure...no question..Great star...sure...but the flaw of not bothering to check except when hecesnyed to do it ...which was rare ...in my books disqualifies him from being called the greatest lack Hawks pkayer in history. I guess that depends on your criteria for that title.
Just like your lack of spelling makes you not worth reading.

Reactions: Pez68

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad