Tribute Patrick Kane

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
In 2007 the Blackhawks won the NHL draft lottery and were awarded the 1st pick overall, first time in Blackhawks long history that they were able to do so...they had been struggling for years...who do they pick?

I remember it being the second year in a row that we had a high pick, the year before the Blackhawks were drafting 3rd overall...being from Thunder Bay, Ontario(Sharpies home town) I was hoping for Jordan Staal...so much so I saw Jordan, his brother Marc and father Henri fly out for the draft in Vancouver(I work at airport)...I told Henri "so Jordans' going #3 to Chicago right?" To which Henri replied "he'll be gone before #3"...sure enough STL took Erik Johnson at #1, PITT took Staal at #2 and our Blackhawks took Jonathan Toews at #3, the rest is as they say history.

So here they were a year later, Columbus, Ohio, winning the #1 overall...huge moment in Blackhawks history and a very proud Hawks' GM Dale Tallon selects with "our first ever 1st overall" from the London Knights of th Ontario Hockey League Patrick Kane!

Wow! Just wow! I had tickets to that NHL draft, but did not attend, it was something I hope to one day get Kaner to autograph(I have his autograph already having been to the 2008, 2012 and 2017 conventions) as it is I feel safe to say THE BIGGEST MOMENT IN BLACKHAWKS HISTORY...Kane having won 3 Cups, a Conn Smythe, an Art Ross and Hart Trophy is a living legend...

To me he is only getting better with age, being Canadian I felt more of a kinship with the Toews end more so than the Kane, but I believe Kaner has an extra level yet to reach, Toews has shown the battle scars, age has reached the Duncan Keith's and Brent Seabrooks but Kane seems to be ever evolving...dare I say future Captain? This thread I dedicate to the living Legend that is Patrick Kane

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Kaner started the season ranked 78th all time in NHL careers assists

He has passed Brad Richards, Neal Broten, Peter Forsberg, Borje Salming, Darryl Sittler, Dave Taylor, Martin St-Louis, Gary Suter, Bobby Orr and Daniel Sedin so far this season and now sits 67th all time

Next up is Brett Hull, friggin Brett Hull!

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Kaner started the season ranked 82nd all time in NHL career points

He passed Patrik Elias, Brian Leetch, Alexei Kovalev, Alexander Mogilny, Martin St-Louis, Doug Weight, Bobby Smith and Daniel Sedin so far this season and now sits 74th all time

Next up is Henri Richard, late great Pocket Rocket!

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
We are definitely lucky to be watching one of the all time greats do it every night. With the same passion, the same flair, the same wow factor. Just keeps improving at everything and now he's an awesome vet.

Kane is like fine wine, but his delivery of showtime is so consistent. Love the guy.

Nice story about Staal @Northernhawk!

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
We are definitely lucky to be watching one of the all time greats do it every night. With the same passion, the same flair, the same wow factor. Just keeps improving at everything and now he's an awesome vet.

Kane is like fine wine, but his delivery of showtime is so consistent. Love the guy.

Nice story about Staal @Northernhawk!
Thx!
Even though I'm a Hawks fan and Patrick Sharp fan for sure, the Staals are a fixture in town, they can stop in the Canadian Pro Golf Tour here for 3-4 yrs with some celebs obviously involved, I was able to meet both Bobby Orr and Al Secord one year...great taking with Secord, he's in the airline industry like myself so that was kinda cool to swap stories, how many yrs left to get to retirement that kinda stuff, Secord was going to be golfing with Rick Vaive of all people, they were traded for each other!
Happy th Hawks got Toews tho...look at that 2006 draft,
1 Erik Johnson, STL no Cups
2 Staal, PIT 1 Cup
3 Toews, CHI 3 Cups
4 Nicklas Backstrom, WAS 1Cup
5 Phil Kessel, TOR 2 Cups with PIT

Nice job STL...even tho you did win in 2019

Reactions: Muffinalt

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Thx!
Even though I'm a Hawks fan and Patrick Sharp fan for sure, the Staals are a fixture in town, they can stop in the Canadian Pro Golf Tour here for 3-4 yrs with some celebs obviously involved, I was able to meet both Bobby Orr and Al Secord one year...great taking with Secord, he's in the airline industry like myself so that was kinda cool to swap stories, how many yrs left to get to retirement that kinda stuff, Secord was going to be golfing with Rick Vaive of all people, they were traded for each other!
Happy th Hawks got Toews tho...look at that 2006 draft,
1 Erik Johnson, STL no Cups
2 Staal, PIT 1 Cup
3 Toews, CHI 3 Cups
4 Nicklas Backstrom, WAS 1Cup
5 Phil Kessel, TOR 2 Cups with PIT

Nice job STL...even tho you did win in 2019

Really cool stuff!

Yeah we are just as lucky with Tazer, one of the biggest winners and culture setters out there. He's my absolute favorite player so thank god he was there at 3.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Kaner started the season ranked 78th all time in NHL careers assists

He has passed Brad Richards, Neal Broten, Peter Forsberg, Borje Salming, Darryl Sittler, Dave Taylor, Martin St-Louis, Gary Suter, Bobby Orr and Daniel Sedin so far this season and now sits 67th all time

Next up is Brett Hull, friggin Brett Hull!
Passed Brett Hull for 66th all time in career assists in NHL, next up Evgeni Malkin of all players!

Reactions: TheDachKnight

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Kaner started the season ranked 82nd all time in NHL career points

He passed Patrik Elias, Brian Leetch, Alexei Kovalev, Alexander Mogilny, Martin St-Louis, Doug Weight, Bobby Smith and Daniel Sedin so far this season and now sits 74th all time

Next up is Henri Richard, late great Pocket Rocket!
Passed Henri Richard tonight for career NHL points, ranks 73rd now, next up Denis Potvin

Reactions: TheDachKnight

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
I mentioned this in the postponement thread, but unless they add another game, Kane's 1,000 game will be on the road. And they'll be on the road a couple of weeks.

It was originally going to be a Sunday afternoon against Tampa. He better get celebrated as hard as Sid just was!

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
With two assists Kane has moved into 68th in NHL in career points...jumped ahead of 15 players so far this season, recently passing Denis Potvin, Joe Mullen, Pat Verbeek, Ray Whitney and Keith Tkachuk!

Kane ranks 100th in career goals, 66th in assists next up is Jarome Iginla

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Patrick Kane having reached 60pts so far for the season has passed two more players and now sits 66th overall in career points...he passed Dave Taylor and Henrik Sedin, next up is Theo Fleury

In career goals Kane trails Rod Gilbert and John LeClair by two currently sitting 97th all time, with 15 for the year Kane unfortunately is going to be in a battle to keep his 20+goals per season streak alive...only six games remain

In career assists Kane started the year 27 behind still active Evgeni Malkin but has now passed him sitting 64th all time...next up and reachable this season are Bobby Smith, Ray Whitney and Brad Park...

At seasons end I can see Kane sitting
95th in goals
61st in assists
65th in points

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Hopefully Kane can get hot over the last few games here and reach 20 goals. 14 straight seasons of 20 goals to begin a career would continue a nice steak of exclusivity.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
I'm wondering if he has a nagging injury. He has taken two maintenance days in a row on practice days.

Last edited:

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
I'm wondering if he has a nagging injury. He has taken to maintenance days in a row on practice days.

He's been making a lot of uncharacteristic plays too lately. For at least the past couple weeks. Lots of mishandles. Lots of forcing plays. Hopefully just the position they were in with the playoffs and trying to do too much.

Reactions: Brightwing

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
I think so. It's called newdaditis.
Eh, a guy like Kane I don't think is getting up in the middle of the night to feed the baby. If anything, he's rich enough to hire a night nanny to help the wife.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Eh, a guy like Kane I don't think is getting up in the middle of the night to feed the baby. If anything, he's rich enough to hire a night nanny to help the wife.

Even if that's true, he's still home with a baby all the time. And that's just an assumption on your part. I know a lot of wealthy people that don't hire nannies. Not everyone wants someone else taking care of their kid, and a night nannie would require that person living with you.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
If only hockey players had time to take pre-game naps. Oh wait.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Even if that's true, he's still home with a baby all the time. And that's just an assumption on your part. I know a lot of wealthy people that don't hire nannies. Not everyone wants someone else taking care of their kid, and a night nannie would require that person living with you.

It's absolutely an assumption. PK3 might be a perfect angel who sleeps through the night. I just wonder if he has a nagging physical injury that has hampered him the last few weeks. As @HockeySensible pointed out, he hasn't looked like himself. But it could easily be not wanting to practice knowing the season is toast.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Kane passed Brad Park in career assists and now sits 61st overall

Kane tied Theo Fleury in career points and they sit tied for 65th overall

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad