Value of: Patrick Kane

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
With the way Bowman's been doing, I dunno if I'd let him be the one to make this trade. The Hawks should definitely do it while they can still get a ton for him...like they should've done with Toews a year or two ago.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
The return won't be as good as people expect because he slightly controls where he wants to go by way of his NMC. Generally an NMC limits the return, and star players rarely get an adequate return. I don't see Chicago moving him though due to those market realities.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Well let's give this a shot...
Chicago gives up - Patty Kane!!!(9M/1.5M retained)
Calgary gives up- Andersson or Valimaki + 1st in 19 + 2nd in 21 + Neal(5.75M/Salary reasons) + Bennett/Jankowski + Stone(3.5M and ends next year) + 2nd in 20(if Stone is in the deal) + 2 conditional 1st's if the Flames win the cup in any of the first 5 seasons Kane is here

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
There's a couple of players per team that you'd expect to retire with that team.

Kane is one of those players.

... That, and there's such a thing as the salary cap.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Well, not many teams can afford him. Look at the return for ROR/Karlsson.
I think a 2 firsts, 1 second, A prospect, B prospect+cap dumps could be a winning bid if you’re rebuilding.

Neither of those players can be even spoken of in the same sentence or realm as Kane. Kane has 3 Stanley cups plus numerous other accolades. What does karlsson or ROR ever accomplished ? Nothing.

Kane is a top 5 player in the league hands down.

valeriammm

Beers/Bikes/Bums
Sep 21, 2018
For what Kane and his organization thinks hes worth, yall can just keep him. The man is 30. But I would be willing to make a horrible trade for him just to see Bowman out after the city of Chicago riots and burns down

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
The cellies post top shelf between Austin and Patrick would be taken to the next level.

The answer remains no.

That offer is the very definition of gutting the future.

The Leafs don't have a problem scoring and don't need to gut the future for a player of Kane's calibre.

Look to the Habs for a trading partner for Kane.

Never discount Kanes value . Toronto and it's current players have never won a cup or went deep into the playoffs to truly understand what it takes to win the cup, Kanes experience and ability to produce in high stakes games as well as playing lots of minutes makes him more of a needed player then Tavares or Matthews.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
For what Kane and his organization thinks hes worth, yall can just keep him. The man is 30. But I would be willing to make a horrible trade for him just to see Bowman out after the city of Chicago riots and burns down

Kane is hands down a top 5 player in the league every team in the league would be wanting to acquire him , at 30 years old producing 89 plus points and a game breaker . His trade value would be through the roof for everything he has accomplished and brings to the table and no signs of slowing Down. Stan would be fired .

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
Never discount Kanes value . Toronto and it's current players have never won a cup or went deep into the playoffs to truly understand what it takes to win the cup, Kanes experience and ability to produce in high stakes games as well as playing lots of minutes makes him more of a needed player then Tavares or Matthews.

I'm sure Toronto would love to have Kane. Most fans like you don't understand that it's not just the want - they have to give up something too.

Of course they'd love to have Kane - any team with capspace would - but we live in a cap limted era and that means you can't always just get what you want without sacrificing something of value; That is of course unless CHI wants to take back equal value in garbage, you know that's not going to happen.

Toronto is doing okay without any additions / subtractions. Let them continue winning without changing what's working.

If CHI wants to explore the opportunities for Kane - look to Teams that aren't as content as Toronto.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Kane is hands down a top 5 player in the league every team in the league would be wanting to acquire him , at 30 years old producing 89 plus points and a game breaker . His trade value would be through the roof for everything he has accomplished and brings to the table and no signs of slowing Down. Stan would be fired .

If his linemates could finish he'd still be a 100 pt player.

Reactions: Taylorst

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Start with the Rick Nash trade and then add another good prospect. So something like a prime aged 2nd line forward or middle pair D, a young top-9 forward with top-6 upside, 2 good+ prospects and a 1st rounder for Kane.

Since Arizona and Chicago love trading with each other, I'll use them as an example with pretending everyone is healthy: Kane for Dvorak, Fischer, Hayton, Joseph/Capobiano and a 1st. So basically, it would gut any team's future pool.
Start with the Rick Nash trade and triple it.....

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Along with Seabrook and Keith, no sense in piecemealing this thang

True, I just don't think you can trade seabs for anything but a different bad contract...and I don't know how much value Keith still has at his age. They might be better off keeping him around to mentor Jokiharju & Boqvist, than selling him off for some B-pieces just cause they should be entering the sell-off phase of their rebuild that a team like NYR is currently in.

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017

Are we talking about toews or Kane here?

Kane was/is a total shitbag who fractured the fanbase.

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
Well let's give this a shot...
Chicago gives up - Patty Kane!!!(9M/1.5M retained)
Calgary gives up- Andersson or Valimaki + 1st in 19 + 2nd in 21 + Neal(5.75M/Salary reasons) + Bennett/Jankowski + Stone(3.5M and ends next year) + 2nd in 20(if Stone is in the deal) + 2 conditional 1st's if the Flames win the cup in any of the first 5 seasons Kane is here

If Hanafin isn’t in the deal GTFO

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3