Patrick Kane

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Of course the Hawks would be fixing the on-ice issue if they lost 88 to legal troubles. Do you think Stan would just be sitting on his hands going, "Oh well, we'll just go on with this gaping hole on the second line." They would've had an entire training camp plus however many weeks before that to figure something out. Not to mention the cap space and trade market demand (just about every team was inquiring about him the minute the story broke) to make a post-Kane transition as painless as possible.

Another thing to remember: the organization isn't as desperately reactionary as its fans. So while you may think the current situation with Kane is some disaster that requires the highest, most dramatic action possible, the organization probably sees it as some early-season nuisance that can be resolved with the right line combos and players meeting their potential.

We know this because that's how the Hawks have always addressed this. It's like Groundhog Day on this board.

Look, I love what Kane's doing this year. I know he's by far the team's most valuable player. But the Blackhawks weren't built in such a way that one player--no matter how great--would send them from contender to bottom feeder.

We don't win a playoff round if any of t/k/k are out of the lineup.

TCD Travesty

Mar 30, 2014
We don't win a playoff round if any of t/k/k are out of the lineup.

I won't argue that but the claim was "bottom of the conference." If you want to talk about Cup chances I'll agree with you. But bottom of the conference? With all the talent that's left?

Worse than Arizona? Worse than San Jose? Worse than Colorado??????

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
I won't argue that but the claim was "bottom of the conference." If you want to talk about Cup chances I'll agree with you. But bottom of the conference? With all the talent that's left?

San Jose and Arizona are odd examples here IMO as they are #2 and #3 in the Pacific division and only have one and two points fewer than the Hawks currently do. If Kane were not in the lineup it is not really a stretch to think the Hawks would have a worse record than those two teams.

Colorado.... meh, idk.

What is very certain to me though is the Blackhawks would be in a very, very bad spot without 88.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

We're on the same page.

TCD Travesty

Mar 30, 2014
San Jose and Arizona are odd examples here IMO as they are #2 and #3 in the Pacific division and only have one and two points fewer than the Hawks currently do. If Kane were not in the lineup it is not really a stretch to think the Hawks would have a worse record than those two teams.

Colorado.... meh, idk.

What is very certain to me though is the Blackhawks would be in a very, very bad spot without 88.

Honestly, I tried to think of two teams who were okay but not terrible. I could've gone Calgary and Edmonton but I would hope that everyone except the person who originally suggested it agrees it would take more than Kane going down to be worse than those two clubs.

But now that you mention it, it goes back to my point about the ebbs and flows of the regular season. I see SJ and ARI falling back to Vancouver and Anaheim over the course of this season. I mean, you can't expect the way things are in December to be how they are in April, right? That goes for teams and individual players.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Patrick Kane is my favourite hockey player, and wow, look at the season he is having despite probably chewing on his gums for most of the summer wondering what if.

I am a Leaf fan for too long, but as soon as the Leafs are eliminated, I hop right onto the Chicago Blackhawk train, such a great team, such great players that know how to do it at the right time.

And still by far and way the best jersey in Sports. I have a Chicago Black Hawks winter jacket that apparently is real, like circa 1960's, in almost mint condition. The hockey hall of fame offered me 5k like 15 years ago and I refused. I haven't even bothered checking into what its worth now, I still wouldn't sell it.

Not jealous of the team you guys have been enjoying because guess what? I am an open minded sports afficiando, and I can tune into the hawks now, any time I want. How cool is that?

Patrick Kane? Man, so fun to watch him with some good linemates that he can really have some playmaking excitement with.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
:laugh:

Are you assuming that Toews and Hossa will stay cold for the entire season? Or that TT and Dano will never hit their stride and are doomed to be bottom-six talent? Or that Panarin and Anisimov will suddenly turn into bums? Or that the defense--which hasn't even been all that bad--will crater somehow?

This is why the board has the reputation of being ledge jumpers. No respect for the ebbs and flows of an 82-game NHL season. No, when things are bad with the Hawks they're bound to stay bad. Forever.

People here need to look up the sports axiom about never being as good as your best or as bad as your worst and nail it to a wall. The team will be fine. Not just because of Kane but because of the other couple dozen guys drawing paychecks.

TT and Dano are struggling while teams contend with 88, think they get more time and space w/o him in the lineup.

AA was brought in to play with Kane. no Kane AA reverts back down.

Panarin is a great talented surprise, how much of his great start is due to 88? Subtracr that portion out and see where the team is.

The defense wouldn't have to crater, it would tough to win all games 2-1 or 3-2

4 goals and up would likely be a memory.

They would contend for the bottom of the conference rather than a playoff slot.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Patrick Kane is my favourite hockey player, and wow, look at the season he is having despite probably chewing on his gums for most of the summer wondering what if.

I am a Leaf fan for too long, but as soon as the Leafs are eliminated, I hop right onto the Chicago Blackhawk train, such a great team, such great players that know how to do it at the right time.

And still by far and way the best jersey in Sports. I have a Chicago Black Hawks winter jacket that apparently is real, like circa 1960's, in almost mint condition. The hockey hall of fame offered me 5k like 15 years ago and I refused. I haven't even bothered checking into what its worth now, I still wouldn't sell it.

Not jealous of the team you guys have been enjoying because guess what? I am an open minded sports afficiando, and I can tune into the hawks now, any time I want. How cool is that?

Patrick Kane? Man, so fun to watch him with some good linemates that he can really have some playmaking excitement with.

It's crazy to think he's probably playing with the most talented linemates he's had since 2010, and look at the results. Hopefully he can stay healthy and crack the 100 point mark this year.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
So jealous of the hawks...hope he continues to have a great year :yo:

There are days when I rock my Kane jersey even if the habs won the night before.

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
It's crazy to think he's probably playing with the most talented linemates he's had since 2010, and look at the results. Hopefully he can stay healthy and crack the 100 point mark this year.

In a lot of ways it's a shame he had to play with garbage for so long. Of course the team results come first (and they speak for themselves over that period) but seeing what Kane can do with quality linemates has been a ton of fun.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Just amazes me this Kane kid. I think he is our 2015 Gretzky in a way, smallish, does things that just no one else can do. Cept he is a yankee, so he has more cajones than Gretzky did.

Gretzky was no choir boy off ice, but he was quiet about it, Kaner, well, he just lets it go sometimes. Gotta love him for that. I have met Gretzky many times, dated same girl etc... Good guy, but heh, he liked to have fun, lets be careful and leave it at that. Very good guy actually.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Point streak is amazing, especially in this low scoring era.

Bobby Hull (Mikita, Esposito) were larger than life when I was growing up. Kane is probably the same for many here. Kaner being the complete opposite of Bobby Hull. Hull I could maybe compare to Ovechkin. Strong with a killer shot. Kane, not so strong, not a killer shot but shifty, world class vision, world class hands. The complete opposite of Bobby Hull in terms of physicality and perhaps skill set.

Never thought Id see the day another Blackhawk surpasses Hull.

FinnFan8

Expert Thread-Killer
Dec 7, 2015
SF, CA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad