Patrick Kane

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Leading the league in points, goals, and assists.

On another note, Bowman vaguely commented on Kane's recent legal troubles and future with the team:

I don’t look at any vindication,†Bowman said of the organization’s decision to keep Kane active during the investigation. “It’s not about that for me or for us. It’s really about just moving forward with things. And I think Patrick’s been the best player in the league in the first 20 games. He’s certainly been our best player. … That’s the only way I would look at that. I’m not going to characterize anything other than [we’re] happy to see the way he’s playing.â€

Bowman declined to discuss the fact — first reported by the Sun-Times — that at least five teams contacted the Hawks about making a trade for Kane in the wake of the allegation, calling it a “trap question.â€

But when asked if Kane was in the team’s long-term plans, he said, “Oh, absolutely. You can’t find talent like Patrick. You look at what he’s done over the course of his career, whether it’s this season, last season, or since he was a rooie and won rookie of the year. He’s been a game-changer.â€

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
He's not gonna say anything other than that, but yeah, I don't think he's going anywhere. Nor should he be.

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Kane is realistically irreplaceable. All those jamokes who wanted him traded or thought he would be traded this summer or in 2012 were out to lunch

sedag

Once a season.
May 6, 2010
"Better get home for those roller hockey championships."

Stan dead serious. Kane's comp for talent and alpha bro belief system is Tom Brady. He's in that laughably untradable asset class so many elites are excluded from.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
"Better get home for those roller hockey championships."

Stan dead serious. Kane's comp for talent and alpha bro belief system is Tom Brady. He's in that laughably untradable asset class so many elites are excluded from.

I feel like I need to wear a fedora to truly appreciate this post.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Trade Kane :laugh:

best RW in the league that is PPG in the last 5 years and he even steps it up in the POs

Iridium128

May 30, 2012
There were only ever two options:

1. Kane goes to jail and never plays in the NHL again.
2. Kane stays a Blackhawk.

Trading him would have been a rookie move.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
The chatter over trading Kane at any point was only proof that there's too much time in a day and not enough things to talk about. Dude is one of the most dynamic players in the league in a down year, and he's arguably the best player in the league this year. Not to mention that he's been essentially exonerated, he'll be back to a marketing face of the franchise in short order, and he's got three Cup, a longterm contract, and a NTC with us. No part of that equation makes sense from a trade perspective, especially back when there were still questions up in the air if he'd be charged for anything or not (and what do you think we'd get for a potential charged player?).

Just bogus media and Twitter chatter.

S A W F T*

Remember when people were suggesting to trade Kane for Miller straight up?

How's that working out?

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
The chatter over trading Kane at any point was only proof that there's too much time in a day and not enough things to talk about. Dude is one of the most dynamic players in the league in a down year, and he's arguably the best player in the league this year. Not to mention that he's been essentially exonerated, he'll be back to a marketing face of the franchise in short order, and he's got three Cup, a longterm contract, and a NTC with us. No part of that equation makes sense from a trade perspective, especially back when there were still questions up in the air if he'd be charged for anything or not (and what do you think we'd get for a potential charged player?).

Just bogus media and Twitter chatter.

All sane Blackhawk fans will agree with you ......

BUT .....to play devil's advocate: money can talk and some stranger things have happened because of it. If Wayne Gretzky could be traded in his prime, any player could.

CoachQ

Aug 23, 2014
Tinley Park, IL.
As Bobby said, if Wayne Gretzky can be traded anyone can be traded, so never say never. I don't see the Hawks trading Kaner, the front office is too smart for that. However if Kane gets involved in something stupid in the off-season, not necessarily what he was accused of over the summer, but just something that would tarnish the Hawks reputation, I could see McDonough saying enough is enough and making him someone else's problem. With that being said I think the issue over the summer was a big wake-up call to Kane to grow up and while we may see him dancing at a Jimmy Buffet concert with the Stanley Cup, I think the days of party boy Kaner are over. Kid is just such a tremendous talent and it's very evident that he loves being on the ice.

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
Kane has been killing it this season.

This is a video of every point he and Panarin have scored so far this season, as of the Vancouver game.

Kane is so crazy talented. And Panarin complements him very well.

looseneditforyou

Apr 30, 2011
As Bobby said, if Wayne Gretzky can be traded anyone can be traded, so never say never. I don't see the Hawks trading Kaner, the front office is too smart for that. However if Kane gets involved in something stupid in the off-season, not necessarily what he was accused of over the summer, but just something that would tarnish the Hawks reputation, I could see McDonough saying enough is enough and making him someone else's problem. With that being said I think the issue over the summer was a big wake-up call to Kane to grow up and while we may see him dancing at a Jimmy Buffet concert with the Stanley Cup, I think the days of party boy Kaner are over. Kid is just such a tremendous talent and it's very evident that he loves being on the ice.

The Gretzky trade was entirely the result of Peter Pocklington's life falling apart. He was completely out of touch with reality and convinced that everything was everyone else's fault. Selling his best player was the only solution he could think of and he set it all up to look like it was Gretzky's idea. I don't think anyone that unstable is likely to own an NHL team these days, and I don't think any player that young and of that stature will be traded again.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
He's pretty close to being career PPG too. 600 games, 594 points. Pretty hard to do nowadays - only five active players are currently PPG over their career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad