Patrick Kane subject of police investigation [Mod Warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
The one thing I'm getting from this is that Kaner needs to give up drinking if he hasn't already. That bit from the championship parade bothered me at the time and it might look even worse depending on how this plays out.

what did he say at the parade?

HydroF

Mar 27, 2014
Vacaville
Funny how the narrative changes with Kane where everybody is like: DON'T JUMP TO CONCLUSION GUYS!!!!! but when it was Voynov and Varlamov :shakehead

Well there are no details yet, give it a few hours and it will start to resemble all the voynov and varlamov threads.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
No idea what this is all about.

However, I'll be the first to admit that I enjoy Kane having his name dragged into the mud again. A bigger d bag would be hard to find.:laugh:

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
Funny how the narrative changes with Kane where everybody is like: DON'T JUMP TO CONCLUSION GUYS!!!!! but when it was Voynov and Varlamov :shakehead

edit: and just to be clear, I'm not saying he's done anything.

IIRC, many people urged patience back then as well, including with the recent Ribeiro case.

Still, people will always jump to conclusions.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Rape? Really? Jesus! You have to think that a guy like Kane could go into any nightclub in Buffalo, grab a mic, scream "I AM PATRICK KANE *****ES!!!!!!" and would have 4 willing participants in a heartbeat.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

edit: and just to be clear, I'm not saying he's done anything.

I don't know about Voynov, but I seem to remember that when the Varlamov story broke, there was actually an alleged crime mentioned, which makes it easier to speculate and discus and, yes, vilify. With Kane, there's no mention of anything and no arrest. It's a bit harder.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Rape? Really? Jesus! You have to think that a guy like Kane could go into any nightclub in Buffalo, grab a mic, scream "I AM PATRICK KANE *****ES!!!!!!" and would have 4 willing participants in a heartbeat.

Rape is not just about sex, it's about power/dominance.

RH710

Feb 25, 2013

Conversely, someone who could do that would have a huge ego. So that when someone says no, it could really hit a nerve.

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
The one thing I'm getting from this is that Kaner needs to give up drinking if he hasn't already. That bit from the championship parade bothered me at the time and it might look even worse depending on how this plays out.

If one were to judge just by how he plays on the ice, he is definitely one of my favorite players. I hope that, as long as he hasn't done anything too serious, he can move on from this and it serves as a wake up call for him. He needs to lay off the booze if he can't handle it.

Who am I kidding? He will probably never learn.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
Police investigation =/= Charges filed =/= Conviction

Obviously this is serious, but there is a legal process...

Number8

Oct 31, 2007

I have no idea about the issue with Kane.

However, you need to come into this century. Rape has nothing to do with attraction or desire for sex. Read something..... anything.

It's comments like that that suggest democracy isn't a good idea. Some people should be forced to pass a test for their vote to count.:shakehead

Coppy

Apr 30, 2011
Can we slow down a bit? So far, all we have is two tweets saying it is a rape investigation and one of them has already been deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad