Rumor: Patrick Kane interested in two teams: NYR & TOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
While it my be true that people did tell Colaicovo this, there's always the question of whether or not what he was told is true.

It's also possible that this was true before the Rangers got Tarasenko and that Kane may reconsider this and add another team or two to help Chicago get a better return for him.
Kane isn't helping Chicago get a better return for him. Kane is either interested in competing elsewhere for the cup on another team, or he's not interested in moving. His decision won't come down to "How can I get Chicago a good return."

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Not really keen on any radical guttings of futures but I admit it would be fun seeing what Kane could do in this lineup. Having Knies and Kane around would at least provide some interesting dynamic to the lineup.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Kane isn't helping Chicago get a better return for him. Kane is either interested in competing elsewhere for the cup on another team, or he's not interested in moving. His decision won't come down to "How can I get Chicago a good return."

Kane has said he wants to make right for Hawks in his decision as well if he agrees to trade

So, he certainly is factoring in that potentially in his destination list which while possibly not expansive also doesn't sound like it will be extremely limited

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Rangers can't fit Kane at 50%. A 3rd team would have to be involved to retain, with Kravtsov going the other way to create some cap. Another player might have to be moved. I think NYR would have right around 2.5 and still fall short without something else going. This would also have to be done at deadline.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
I recall him not having much credibility as insider and rumors in past

Also having 2 teams listed as places he is interested in doesn't mean he has no others. So, it's odd how some people are reading it as a 2 team list.
How else do you read it!?

He expressed he'd waive for 2 teams. So based on that we should include: CAR, COL, VGK, and SEA?

Reactions: TML1990

Sinistril

Oct 26, 2008
So he's interested in the NYR and Toronto was thrown in there for the clicks?

Reactions: BHD

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

Kane has said he wants to make right for Hawks in his decision as well if he agrees to trade

So, he certainly is factoring in that potentially in his destination list which while possibly not expansive also doesn't sound like it will be extremely limited

I'm not saying he's not going to agree to be traded. I'm saying he's not adding a team just to add a team that helps the Hawks get a better return. It will be a team he sees himself competing with.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
What are you smoking over in Shanghai?

Chris Drury basically came out and said the price for Kane was too high and moved to Tarasenko and we still have clowns saying Laf or Kakko for Kane lmao

Patrick Kane is a hall of famer with a sick play off resume. Of course he should cost something serious - and more than Tarasenko.

I don’t know what that should be, but Laf is a guy many (most) Rangers fans have talked down for a long time for a reason, and his 8 goals/26 points on a deep team (least among his third line mates) hardly says his 1OA status is still a big thing.
Then there’s his QO next season (OK, maybe he could be cheap) and Rangers not having much cap to get there with Miller needing a major raise.

Not saying you should do it or that it would be good long term, but isn’t there an all-in argument here with Tarasenko already signed? The objective is winning, right? Kane and Panarin were gold together before.

Conversely, if it otherwise was to happen, what would you suggest should be the starting point? Kravtsov??? 2024 1st? Some salary would also have to leave the lineup even at 50%.

• Haha
Reactions: UnSandvich

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I know it’s Kane’s right to talk about where he wants to go and what he feels about other teams / other trades going down but the team can’t be happy about him consistently torpedoing any leverage they might have had. He’s putting the team — and by extension himself — in a really tough spot.

Reactions: BHD

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
I would be extremely interested to see how Toronto or NYR would fit Kane in with their cap space.

In regards to the cost, with signing rentals for a play off run, you cant expect any main roster players to be traded away so we I wouldn't expect any Top 9 players from either team to be part of the return so expect it to be purely all picks and prospects.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrfenn92

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
I would be extremely interested to see how Toronto or NYR would fit Kane in.

In regards to the cost, with signing rentals for a play off run, you cant expect any main roster players to be traded away so we I wouldn't expect any Top 9 players from either team to be part of the return so expect it to be purely all picks and prospects.
If he's back to form he can play in TOR's top 6. If he's a shadow of what he used to be then he'll be in the top 9 with PP time.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Patrick Kane is a hall of famer with a sick play off resume. Of course he should cost something serious - and more than Tarasenko.

I don’t know what that should be, but Laf is a guy many (most) Rangers fans have talked down for a long time for a reason, and his 8 goals/26 points on a deep team (least among his third line mates) hardly says his 1OA status is still a big thing.
Then there’s his QO next season and Rangers not having much cap to get there with Miller needing a major raise.

Not saying you should do it or that it would be good long term, but isn’t there an all-in argument here with Tarasenko already signed? The objective is winning, right? Kane and Panarin were gold together before.

Conversely, if it otherwise was to happen, what would you suggest should be the starting point? Kravtsov??? 2024 1st? Some salary would also have to leave the lineup even at 50%.
We have no cap to leave the line-up. We have 0 cap dumps without having to call up a body. All our cap hits that aren't on core young pieces or NTC/NMC are under a million. It's not possible without a 3rd team involved. You aren't getting Laf.

We only have 1 Panarin and he can't play with both Kane and Tarasenko. Trying to figure out a way to get Tarasenko with Zibanejad, and kane with Panarin is going to cost too much with a 3rd team involved.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland

Then there’s his QO next season and Rangers not having much cap to get there with Miller needing a major raise.

No one is disputing this fact.

You have to understand that when a player is widely know to not be 100% healthy and has full control where he wants to play, this massively dilutes your market thus significantly reducing the return you will get.

Everyone knows what Kane is capable of but when if he only has 2 teams that he is willing to be traded to, it literally gets to a point where Team A only offers a 2nd rounder & Team B offers a 3rd rounder & average prospect, do you take one of the lowball offers or do you just hold onto him and run out his contract?

(I'm not saying the offers will be that low of course but it was just an example that the Hawks have their backs against a wall here)

If he's back to form he can play in TOR's top 6. If he's a shadow of what he used to be then he'll be in the top 9 with PP time.
I meant more fit him in cap wise.

Reactions: Unpredictable1

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Wow like an OX trying to pull a cart out of a quagmire . If he can drag these pathetic playoff performers along to the 2nd round it will cement his playoff reputation for certain . If his hip isn't injured it soon will be lol

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
We have no cap to leave the line-up. We have 0 cap dumps without having to call up a body. All our cap hits that aren't on core young pieces or NTC/NMC are under a million. It's not possible without a 3rd team involved. You aren't getting Laf.

We only have 1 Panarin and he can't play with both Kane and Tarasenko. Trying to figure out a way to get Tarasenko with Zibanejad, and kane with Panarin is going to cost too much with a 3rd team involved.
I am a Penguins fan. I am not trying to win a trade to get Laf, and I don’t even know that Chicago would prefer Laf to something more future oriented, because at least there’s a genuine risk that Laf is “just” a middle 6 NHL player.

I am suggesting that now that you are going it for it with Tarasenko, you might as well be all in. What it takes in terms of cap etc, I completely defer as I don’t care enough about the Rangers to check, but Kane is a player who could be transformative for your chances and Laf can’t. At least not yet.

Anyway - the premise here was always IF Rangers wanted to get Kane, what would it take? I fail to see Laf as a great get outside his draft pedigree, but I also don’t see other assets of real value on your NHL team that you could part with largely without consequence.

Ah well… bygones. I don’t care, as Ricky Gervais would say.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Didn't Carlo have a source about Stamkos coming to Toronto, and that source was like the baker from a local bakery?
Working for TSN he naturally wouldn't be around any insiders, former players, writers, etc. Instead he goes to something better: local Italian bakery.

(WTF?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad