Speculation: Patrick Kane and Seth Jones future with Hawks

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
You obviously subscribe to the Stan Bowman trade philosophy. Trade for other teams failing prospects because you're certain you can somehow turn them around.
I was actually glad Bowman started doing that.
As long as you're not trading 1st round picks for them, either being future picks or prospects.

It is statistically very difficult to find stars (forwards especially) outside of the first round.

Bowmans problem is that he did it way too often and went overboard. Its fine and smart to do on occasion, and I would hope that the majority of your pro scouts are pounding the table for the acquisition.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
I was actually glad Bowman started doing that.
As long as you're not trading 1st round picks for them, either being future picks or prospects.

It is statistically very difficult to find stars (forwards especially) outside of the first round.

Bowmans problem is that he did it way too often and went overboard. Its fine and smart to do on occasion, and I would hope that the majority of your pro scouts are pounding the table for the acquisition.
I view it as a risky venture taking on someone else's underachievers. I'd rather see them bring in someone whose trajectory is up, even if their draft pedigree isn't quite as high.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I view it as a risky venture taking on someone else's underachievers. I'd rather see them bring in someone whose trajectory is up, even if their draft pedigree isn't quite as high.
If the conviction from the pro scouts is high, then I don't have a problem with it. You're more likely to strike gold on a top 10 reclamation project than a late 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Hitting on a top 10 reclamation project is a huge help and can extend or open a contention window.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
If the conviction from the pro scouts is high, then I don't have a problem with it. You're more likely to strike gold on a top 10 reclamation project than a late 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Hitting on a top 10 reclamation project is a huge help and can extend or open a contention window.
Agree to disagree, but the fact is, it hasn't much worked for the Hawks.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
We’re not going to trade Kane for a reclamation project unless that’s a throw-in. We can obviously do better, so it would make no sense.

Reactions: nmgrbhfn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad