News Article: Patrice Brisebois leaves the Habs

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
That's an easy one. Whatever you may think of Brisebois' performance on the ice he conducted himself for the most part with class and professionalism. Few players, if any, have more experience dealing with the best, and more importantly, the worst, of being a professional athlete, ESPECIALLY in Montreal. Couple that with an easy-going personality and an obvious desire to help out kids and the question becomes why wouldn't he get the job?

People always equate being a great player with being a great coach when that is almost never the case.

He didn't really seem to have a lot of compete in his game. But i get what you are saying now. Breeze-bye was given the job to school young players on playing in Montreal. How to deal with the media and pressure of a hockey mad city. Not really developing them physical skill wise. I see...it makes sense.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
I actually don't know. If the Habs had an all anglophone team, HF would explode in joy.

Just give the job to the best coach, regardless of the language.

That's all you have to do to succeed.

Instead we HAVE to give out jobs to the best FRENCH coach which limits the talent pool considerably.

I wouldn't care if the guy spoke Japanese as as first language, but this policy they have in place limits the team severely. That's just a fact.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
I Wonder if MT,DD, Bouillon and JJ would all be replace by anglophone who would be the spacegoat on hf boards tho!!?? :sarcasm:

Yup cus it's only exclusive to quebec born players.

Koivu, the Kostitsyn's, Hamrlik, he'll Price and PK both have been heavily criticized.

Just give the best person the job instead of language being a pre requisite

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I Wonder if MT,DD, Bouillon and JJ would all be replace by anglophone who would be the spacegoat on hf boards tho!!?? :sarcasm:

They sure wouldn't have nearly as many to baselessly defend them and would be just another critique overlooked by everyone like season with Douglas Murray, Parros, Bourque, Emelin, Eller. When Price was getting booed out of town was it because he was part native?

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
I'd love Hal Gill in this role.

That is a very good suggestion. Without Gill Subban would have been a mess. Gill is a superb guy by all accounts, and would be respected by young players coming up.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
If I remember correctly, Mac Bennett said in an interview that if he had any questions about being a pro he`d call patrice Brisebois. Only example I can think of

Uh yeah, because that was Brisebois's job?

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Just after the development camp end! I have a feeling the big brass had a good look at the prospects progression and did not like it.

That may well be the case. It was Brisebois's job to make these kids aware of what is required to progress and eventually adjust to life in pro hockey, and if they were not showing progress in this area, then find someone else who can teach them properly.

It's a ****ing easy job, and a great job. If PB could not even handle that, then see ya.

But in fairness this is speculation. It might be for other reasons.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
They sure wouldn't have nearly as many to baselessly defend them and would be just another critique overlooked by everyone like season with Douglas Murray, Parros, Bourque, Emelin, Eller. When Price was getting booed out of town was it because he was part native?

Im not a DD fan but netiher a hater, i am a habs fan. I cheer for my team and wish that every players perform well. How many guys here wish that DD have a good year next year!!???? I actually think that Desharnais should be traded to make place for Galchenyuk but if that dosnt happen i wish that both will produce at the highest level.Here you have to choose, are you in the DD camp or the Eller camp you cant like both!!! You know its one thing to critque a guy, but when theres no objectivity at all and that the same players, heart and soul guys like Bouillon and DD are the space goat theres a problem!!

Price was getting booed out of town because hes the goalie, just like Dryden,Theo,Roy and cie got booed that comes with the position in mtl.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Im not a DD fan but netiher a hater, i am a habs fan. I cheer for my team and wish that every players perform well. How many guys here wish that DD have a good year next year!!???? I actually think that Desharnais should be traded to make place for Galchenyuk but if that dosnt happen i wish that both will produce at the highest level.Here you have to choose, are you in the DD camp or the Eller camp you cant like both!!! You know its one thing to critque a guy, but when theres no objectivity at all and that the same players, heart and soul guys like Bouillon and DD are the space goat theres a problem!!

Price was getting booed out of town because hes the goalie, just like Dryden,Theo,Roy and cie got booed that comes with the position in mtl.

Of course everybody wants DD to be good. Him not being good just means we have at least one top 6 player not producing. Maybe you misunderstand people in their criticism.
Some were upset with how Therrien favored him last year. They didn't like the fact some players, like Eller, despite working hard and producing, have to completely force Therrien's hands in order to get promoted, while DD has 1 assist in 20 games looking like crap and gets the two best wingers. That's what people were upset with. They also don't want our go-to offensive line to be centered by DD. Not because they hate him but because they know DD's a 50-55pt player and that's just not good enough.
Nobody has a problem with DD doing well. We all wish it.

There is no language issue here. People here just see the logo. Nobody cares where x player is from so long that they perform. If they don't they will get criticized.

When hiring people, you want to hire the best, not the best of a limited pool you created for yourself. If the best is french, great, if not, who cares.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: