News Article: Patrice Brisebois leaves the Habs

Halifaxhab*

Interesting. Considering that Bennett has yet to play his first pro game, I wonder what they really discussed.

Asked him how he dealt with constantly being beat to the outside all the time.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Interesting. Considering that Bennett has yet to play his first pro game, I wonder what they really discussed.
Probably things to portray in his behavior, personality, demeanor, and general questions about his play.

Bergevin talked about Brisebois at the draft when discussing Scherbak.

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
I don't remember where I read it, I think it was in an interview earlier this year, but I remember Brisebois mentioning finding the incessant travel schedule difficult for him and his family - I wouldn't be surprised it's one of the reason why he's quitting. Travelling everywhere in arenas all the time can grow tiresome quickly. Hope the best for him and his family.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
DD is next.. the time will come when your kingdom of darkness will be no more.

NO MORE.
Damn it. I hope we don't let Gallagher and Price go too.

DD's going to be around for along time, my friend. ;)

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Poor guy, can't get a break :laugh: there's not a Brisebois thread without all the classic jokes.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I don't remember where I read it, I think it was in an interview earlier this year, but I remember Brisebois mentioning finding the incessant travel schedule difficult for him and his family - I wouldn't be surprised it's one of the reason why he's quitting. Travelling everywhere in arenas all the time can grow tiresome quickly. Hope the best for him and his family.

Yeah, that might be it. I don't know exactly how much he traveled, but he was out here in Vancouver a few months ago. I know he had his eye on Thrower during the trip.

Maybe he got tired of these types of time zone jumping trips. I would relate to that.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Patrice was a little scary... in a bad way

Oh well, I guess he figured he should of been given the chance to do more and the habs werent granting him the option.

JohnnyReb

Apr 26, 2003
Visit site
I always wondered why job was given to him in first place

That's an easy one. Whatever you may think of Brisebois' performance on the ice he conducted himself for the most part with class and professionalism. Few players, if any, have more experience dealing with the best, and more importantly, the worst, of being a professional athlete, ESPECIALLY in Montreal. Couple that with an easy-going personality and an obvious desire to help out kids and the question becomes why wouldn't he get the job?

People always equate being a great player with being a great coach when that is almost never the case.

Ice Poutine

LA POUTINE IS BACK!
Feb 18, 2006
ON MY CHAIR
Just after the development camp end! I have a feeling the big brass had a good look at the prospects progression and did not like it.

yeah... like all the players that were coached by Brisebois started getting booed and heckled on ice all the time for no reason ! !

Seems the Brreezer Booh-Flu is catching on. :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes