News Article: Patrice Brisebois leaves the Habs

Ice Poutine

LA POUTINE IS BACK!
Feb 18, 2006
ON MY CHAIR
oh hell what will we do, what WILL we DO??...

Were doomed i guess, no use playing the whole season. Lets give in right now cause we lost the Breezer...

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
If I remember correctly, Mac Bennett said in an interview that if he had any questions about being a pro he`d call patrice Brisebois. Only example I can think of

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Being a player development coach without having proved anything in coaching... Good news. Breezer needs to start at the right level or just forget about coaching completely.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
If DD gets traded we will legit have to buy him a cake.
Deal!

I'm used to my favorites leaving though. Nothing new.

Skrudland. Muller. Turgeon. Malakhov. Bulis. Sundstrom. Brisebois. Halak. Courtnall. Theodore. Koivu. Koivu.

I know I'm missing a few guys there too.

First Gorges, now this...rough month for the guy.
I love Gorges, but man he was getting on my nerves lately. Did he always try to cycle to no one as much as he did this year?

Natey don't jump buddy!!
Haha, I'm okay man.

It's strange though. Bergevin had said good things about Brisebois. Wonder why he left. Maybe more money and a position from TVA? Maybe a coaching job in the Q?

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
I think Breezer would like to get into coaching.

I don't think the organization will fall apart with his departure. To be honest I hadn't really heard much about him, nor did I see him at many games. I sort of looked at him more as a figurehead than anything else.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I love Gorges, but man he was getting on my nerves lately. Did he always try to cycle to no one as much as he did this year?

He still was able to handle tough matchups this year (unlike say, Emelin), but he definitely was starting to get exposed and try to do too much more and more. He will be missed...but we might have picked a good time to let him go.

As far as Breezer goes, the excuse is to spend more time with his family. Ah well, no idea how he was at his job, but I respected him as a player, even if he was frustrating.

MontrealFans

Apr 4, 2004
Probably was told the plan in regard to Subban's contract so he doesn't want to be involved when the bell center burns down :sarcasm:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
If I remember correctly, Mac Bennett said in an interview that if he had any questions about being a pro he`d call patrice Brisebois. Only example I can think of

Interesting. Considering that Bennett has yet to play his first pro game, I wonder what they really discussed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad