Player Discussion Patrice Bergeron

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
If it were major he wouldn't be playing, or his defensive/possession game would be suffering as well.

0668979001422469256_filepicker.jpg

Nothing MAJOR there. :sarcasm:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
This mystery and walking boot source questioning is almost laughable. It's been reported he's battling a lower body injury , photographed and documented a few times he hasn't been able to practice or fully practice.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Typical thankless Boston fans. As soon as the best of our athletes shows a little bit of mortality, out come the ****ing knives. Probably the same folks who wanted him traded after his concussion, or made idiots out of themselves saying he was done after Game 6 killed him and then he went on to score 30.

FinnBruin

Aug 6, 2014
Germany
Anyone else worried he may be concussed again? It just seems like the biggest problem with his play is simply stupid decisions and being too slow to react, it's not like he's much slower than usual or losing all his board battles... it seems much more like something mental than physical to me.

I have no idea where he would have gotten a concussion from though, so hopefully I'm wrong...

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Anyone else worried he may be concussed again? It just seems like the biggest problem with his play is simply stupid decisions and being too slow to react, it's not like he's much slower than usual or losing all his board battles... it seems much more like something mental than physical to me.

I have no idea where he would have gotten a concussion from though, so hopefully I'm wrong...

I can't imagine that with his history, he would play through concussion symptoms.

FinnBruin

Aug 6, 2014
Germany
I can't imagine that with his history, he would play through concussion symptoms.

Normally, neither could I.

But before the season, with his history as a player, I couldn't have imagined he would ever be playing like this. There's gotta be some explanation and to me it doesn't look like the problem is a physical one

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Normally, neither could I.

But before the season, with his history as a player, I couldn't have imagined he would ever be playing like this. There's gotta be some explanation and to me it doesn't look like the problem is a physical one

What does the problem look like to you?

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I thought he looked pretty good last night. I think he was playing at 50 percent skating capacity; last night looked to me more like 80 percent and much more comfortable.

barstool

Nov 22, 2014
The problem for me is we have players on this team that are tough as nails.Chara,Bergeron,Mcquaid ,Krejci and others don't give themselves enough time to heal and management lets them play to the detriment of the team and themseves

FinnBruin

Aug 6, 2014
Germany
What does the problem look like to you?

Well I feel like every game he's making decisions he usually wouldn't, taking shots that have no chance of going in where there would be a much better chance available if he held onto the puck, or stuff like dumping it in in 3-on-3 overtime last night. Also, not reacting quickly enough to passes that are coming to him, he's missed a few simple tap ins this season already because he's just not been prepared for passes that have come right on his stick. A lot of horrible passes, especially on the powerplay, too.

Most likely everybody here probably knows stuff like this better than me so don't take my opinion for being worth anything though :laugh: Just wanted to know if anyone else thinks he may be concussed... I bloody well hope not, but at this point I just can't figure out what else it could be. If it was ''just'' a lower body injury then surely we'd see him skate worse than usually, lose a lot of board battles... but at least I haven't really noticed anything like that. Just his decision making being like night and day from what it usually is.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Could be that he's just unlucky. His line has ridiculous possession numbers. If he is injured though, maybe they should just plug Backes in his position and give Bergeron a proper rest.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
Well I feel like every game he's making decisions he usually wouldn't, taking shots that have no chance of going in where there would be a much better chance available if he held onto the puck, or stuff like dumping it in in 3-on-3 overtime last night. Also, not reacting quickly enough to passes that are coming to him, he's missed a few simple tap ins this season already because he's just not been prepared for passes that have come right on his stick. A lot of horrible passes, especially on the powerplay, too.

Most likely everybody here probably knows stuff like this better than me so don't take my opinion for being worth anything though :laugh: Just wanted to know if anyone else thinks he may be concussed... I bloody well hope not, but at this point I just can't figure out what else it could be. If it was ''just'' a lower body injury then surely we'd see him skate worse than usually, lose a lot of board battles... but at least I haven't really noticed anything like that. Just his decision making being like night and day from what it usually is.

I'm also curious about this. I commented a couple of days ago on this very idea.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=125868989&postcount=146

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Typical thankless Boston fans. As soon as the best of our athletes shows a little bit of mortality, out come the ****ing knives. Probably the same folks who wanted him traded after his concussion, or made idiots out of themselves saying he was done after Game 6 killed him and then he went on to score 30.

Yep. We know who they are.
The same bottom feeders who thrive after a Bruins lost.
Also known as the loud minority.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I thought he looked pretty good last night. I think he was playing at 50 percent skating capacity; last night looked to me more like 80 percent and much more comfortable.

i thought the same - he was dominant defensively from what i saw. and had more jump than he had in a while. that goal against florida probably helped too.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec

You talk about an overeaction ?
Strategy to put distance between the "good loyal" fans and the "terrible bad" fans )))))))
We can see it at 100 miles
All i see here is people WORRY for Bergy, i saw nobody wanted to trade him or wrote his career is over
People who want to understand why the bruins favorite players is so bad are terrible so terrible !!!! We should eliminate all those "stupids"

Mad Dr Pepper

Jun 28, 2015
Quebec
Strategy to put distance between the "good loyal" fans and the "terrible bad" fans )))))))
All i see here is people WORRY for Bergy, i saw nobody wanted to trade him or wrote his career is over
People who want to understand why the bruins favorite players is so bad are terrible so terrible !!!! We should eliminate all those "stupids"

This. I agree.

I mean, Bergy is my favorite player but still I worry for him.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Doubt he's concussed. Especially nowadays. I could be anything. They should just shut him down.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

Son, you do a fine job distancing yourself from a normal fan every time you post. You don't need my help. :laugh:

Last edited:

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Myself.In numerous posts have defended Bergeron and stated he will come out of it He does have a little boy now and I am sure has to take his turn up in the middle of the nite.;) lol Seriouly though He makes over 7 million bucks per.He has to produce lots more to justify it. Its just the way it works.7 million bucks per the selke is not on my mind.Need some goals.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I think it's pretty simple. He's clearly playing hurt so his game has not been what fans are used to seeing. The reason he is playing hurt is because he's a gamer and a Bruin and feels obligated to keep playing injured because he feels he is needed on the ice for the good of the team. Once he is healthy again he will be back to his old elite ways. Of all the players under-performing on the team I worry less about Bergy than anyone. In an ideal world I would love to see Bergy sit out until fully healed. But that's not the way Bergy operates. He knows this is a marginal team in terms of making the playoffs, so there is no way he will sit out as long as he can go out and skate and contribute in some way. Whether that is wise or not I have no clue, however it is what it is and Bergy is a total warrior.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Myself.In numerous posts have defended Bergeron and stated he will come out of it He does have a little boy now and I am sure has to take his turn up in the middle of the nite.;) lol Seriouly though He makes over 7 million bucks per.He has to produce lots more to justify it. Its just the way it works.7 million bucks per the selke is not on my mind.Need some goals.

How many times are you going to reply to the same post? You are making my point for me. :shakehead

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
Son, you do a fine job distancing yourself from a normal fan every time you post. You don't need my help. :laugh:

You see ??? Black or white again :sarcasm:
Every time i post ?? :naughty:
So when i say we will not find a better goalie than rask , when i say pasta is wonderful, bergy is the heart and soul....when i say i am happy with marchand deal, when i say all this...i am stupid !!!!
Yes because you use again an extreme position.....
And for your infos, as you i don't agree with people who attack bergy....but hey....i am stupid every time so.......:popcorn:.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad