Player Discussion Patrice Bergeron

Status
Not open for further replies.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
I think it's pretty simple. He's clearly playing hurt so his game has not been what fans are used to seeing. The reason he is playing hurt is because he's a gamer and a Bruin and feels obligated to keep playing injured because he feels he is needed on the ice for the good of the team. Once he is healthy again he will be back to his old elite ways. Of all the players under-performing on the team I worry less about Bergy than anyone. In an ideal world I would love to see Bergy sit out until fully healed. But that's not the way Bergy operates. He knows this is a marginal team in terms of making the playoffs, so there is no way he will sit out as long as he can go out and skate and contribute in some way. Whether that is wise or not I have no clue, however it is what it is and Bergy is a total warrior.

It is not ridiculous to play a hurted bergy in a no hope season ? He is still young enought, why don't let him recover for next year ? Who is taking thoses decisions ? Even if bergy want to play, if he is hurt, he need to stay out and recover for the best of this team and for him.
Another no sense bruins actions !!!!! Another no direction decision.....

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

I am not a fancy stats nerd so I have no idea what this means, but apparently it's good...

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
It is not ridiculous to play a hurted bergy in a no hope season ? He is still young enought, why don't let him recover for next year ? Who is taking thoses decisions ? Even if bergy want to play, if he is hurt, he need to stay out and recover for the best of this team and for him.
Another no sense bruins actions !!!!! Another no direction decision.....

It's time to put the egg nog away.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec

Common, be nice and smile, it is just a game for fun.....it is not your real life !!!
It is 2017 in 6 days ))))))
I make a clear differnce between a game and life you know ))))
I was very happy for clode when he signed a big contract, i was happy for the nice man clode is and he deserve it...but i was sad for evolution of this team and i thought playoffs is finished for years with him )))))
But again some person don't make difference between a game and real life....:sarcasm:
Claude the man have my total respect
Clode the coach not
Millions of millions of dollars for it explain the difference
It si the same if i said the last game of call of duty is bad and stupid and people where upset ))))):naughty:
Funny people....funny fans

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I finally know where Bergy's been all season. Hes been fighting The Empire. Any seen Rogue One? You'll know exactly what i mean, holy doppleganga !!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Myself.In numerous posts have defended Bergeron and stated he will come out of it He does have a little boy now and I am sure has to take his turn up in the middle of the nite.;) lol Seriouly though He makes over 7 million bucks per.He has to produce lots more to justify it. Its just the way it works.7 million bucks per the selke is not on my mind.Need some goals.

Thanks for identifying what's wrong with Bergeron. I thought he had an ankle sprain. He and his wife need to redo their schedule if Bergy is going to be playing tired and no energy

He could hire a nanny also

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
It's incredible to me that Bergeron at 50%, with literally one leg, is still one of the top possession beasts in the league, creating scoring chances and preventing ones by other teams.

Bergeron-Marchand-Pasta is the best line in the league on this count; imagine when Bergy is at 100%. What a leader.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
It's incredible to me that Bergeron at 50%, with literally one leg, is still one of the top possession beasts in the league, creating scoring chances and preventing ones by other teams.

Bergy is a warrior and all, but "literally"? I'm not sure that word means what you think it means.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
lol I thought that when I saw him in Elysium. I kept saying it randomly when people talked about rogue one and no one got it

When he was in the rain with his sniper with one eye closed I was deadset convinced :laugh: even had the French accent. I have a feeling Bergy's gonna go on a tear today. 2 goals. You read it here first

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
When he was in the rain with his sniper with one eye closed I was deadset convinced :laugh: even had the French accent. I have a feeling Bergy's gonna go on a tear today. 2 goals. You read it here first

Was that accent supposed to be French? Because I'm pretty sure that is Diego's real accent, and he's Mexican. :laugh:

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs

Bergeron-Marchand-Pasta is the best line in the league on this count; imagine when Bergy is at 100%. What a leader.

And they will be for years with Bergy and Marchand already signed long term and Pasta for at least another 4y.

The team is still in a playoffs spot. It will be that much easier to win when Bergy will get back at his usual point production.

Nowhere else but up to go.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Bergeron is a Bruins legend.I think he will turn it around too.But he needs to man up here and refuse this allstar selection he is about to get .He does not deserve to be anywheres near that game.I get fans pick their favs but its just not right

Last edited:

HF007

Sep 9, 2008
Should I drop this guy for fantasy or do you guys think he will get healthier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad