Player Discussion Patrice Bergeron III

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Now that yesterday’s news has sunk in, my favorite Bruin ever is taking the captaincy from my second favorite Bruin ever.

All hail captain Bergeron, long shall he reign

Reactions: YukonCornelius

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
gettyimages-2130204-1024x1024.jpg

The kid has been a pro from day one.
Salut and congratulations Patrice.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
My second favorite Bruin of all time. Dating back to the 60’s.

Second to Orr aint too shabby.

I can recall vividly the first time I ever saw Bergy play. Waaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day where I couldn`t get the Cusick/Sanderson broadcast but the Don Cherry`s restaurant in my area did and I lived there on Bruin game nights. Watched what I thought was the skinniest kid in the game at that time and thought he was gonna get creamed every shift but that rookie season he showed things that simply teenagers didn`t show at that time unless they were the "can`t miss" kind of prospects. He showed an on ice maturity and hockey IQ that was easy to love if you appreciate the smaller details in the game as I do but to sit here, 17 or so years later, almost 900 pts later, we Bruin fans are both truly blessed and a bit spoiled, we`ve had some great one`s here and the last decade has been some of the most satisfying hockey this fan has seen. Captain Bergy!!!

While I certainly haven`t agreed with all decisions the current or former GM has made, this organization has literally given themselves a chance to be in the Cup conversation most years and as a fan, really all I could want other than winning more cups

We are seeing a changing of the guard over the next few seasons, our vets likely won`t have the impact they once did, let`s see what the front office has planned, I`ve often wondered if they have had a succession plan

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
All 3 of mine are different styles and I only bought one myself... reverse retro with the C on it might be needed. Maybe get it signed and frame it and hang that sucker on the wall.
That's my plan with it. I got an authentic Pastrnak two years ago that i'm planning on tossing into a frame when I get the new house this summer. I'll most likely do the same with the Bergeron for the man cave.

Reactions: TwineTickler

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
That's my plan with it. I got an authentic Pastrnak two years ago that i'm planning on tossing into a frame when I get the new house this summer. I'll most likely do the same with the Bergeron for the man cave.

Love it. Yea I just bought my place in August. Haven't hung up anything on the wall yet haha... but slowly putting together the house/furnishing it. My "man cave/media room" downstairs would be where I put it as well.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I just got my Bergy retro with the A. Wonder if they will allow fans to mail it back to get the C put on

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
To me the thing that stands out about Bergeron is his consistency. I'm not sure he's had a single season where he averaged over a point per game? Yet he's always right around that level.You know what to plan on every year in terms of points and his professionalism.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
It wouldnt suprise me one bit if Bergy, the character he is, would decline captaincy to make place for the next wave of bruins players. He will be 36 in May and it didnt sound that he wants to keep going very long after his contract ends after next season.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
It wouldnt suprise me one bit if Bergy, the character he is, would decline captaincy to make place for the next wave of bruins players. He will be 36 in May and it didnt sound that he wants to keep going very long after his contract ends after next season.
I don't think he'll decline. I can't imagine Sweeney would use the word "obvious" if there hadn't already been discussion and a plan in place. If he declined, they would go with three A's, and Sweeney said there would be a captain. Nobody on the team is taking that over Bergeron.

Reactions: Sevendust

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY

Guys, please. Bergeron will be captain. There doesn't even need to be a discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad