Confirmed with Link: Patric picked up his phone, Matheson + Sceviour to PIT for Hornqvist (no salary retention)

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Would you move Florida's 1st to move salary?
What? Who do we want to move? Yandle or Stralman are our worst contracts (I think Hornqvist is different) and I'm okay with them...I don't see us adding a better defenseman than either of them unless AP wants to come...then package Yandle/Stralman with the first for a 2nd...

Thomas Colavecchio

Mar 24, 2019
Good 4th liner, plays hard and gives full effort. Great on the PK. Invisible outside of that.

Agreed, but unfortunately Q had plenty of opportunities to send the same message last year, based on Yandle ‘s lack of performance but he never did. To me this was one of the more disappointing aspects of last year...where I hoped Q would come in and take control of the group and develop the attitude that this group has been sorely missing.

Hopefully the changes taking place will change the team culture and the Panthers will become a team whose play will be something we all can watch and cheer for with pride

Reactions: Vilam

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Awesome trade, great to finally see this get done. Math was dead weight here I did think he might get some interest from other teams looking for a reclamation project, but this is beyond my expectations.

Also great to hear the insurance thing wasn't a problem, that would be such a bummer.

Impressed with Zito already.

With Math gone I'm almost fine with keeping Yandle.... Almost

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
We do still have the money for Panarin (I think the plan was 21M between Panarin+Bob). I think we could trade Stralman pretty easily if we package with a pick...

I don't think Tallon planned that out very well though. Long term, you figure:

10M/year for Bob
7.5 for Ekblad(may be more after he's next re-signed)
Roughly 20 M for Barky and Huby

So that's at least 37.5M for 4 players

I don't think we can afford another big ticket, not until the cap goes up significantly, which might take several years, especially now that the tv deal for the nhl looks dead. It's not smart, we should keep flexibility.

Ultimately, Tallon tried and got 75% of the job done, but wasnt the right guy to keep the ship going. Zito looks much more capable in that regard.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
What? Who do we want to move? Yandle or Stralman are our worst contracts (I think Hornqvist is different) and I'm okay with them...I don't see us adding a better defenseman than either of them unless AP wants to come...then package Yandle/Stralman with the first for a 2nd...

Bob is our worst contract. Even when we still had Matheson.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
Math can still turn his career around, but here in Pantherland, he had plenty of chances with 3 different coaches (GG, Boog and the 2nd winningest coach of All-time in Q) and tons of playing time. If he turns into a Cam Fowler or better, good for him. I won't be mad at all, but just like Tallon, we definitely needed to move on.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Now I'm curious if Z moves Yands next. He's great on the power play but we need better defense. Not wanting to go get pucks when the Islanders chipped it in might have been my last straw with Yands. Seems like a cool kid and I'd probably get along with him if we kicked it, but we need some gamers back there. His ironman streak is cool but also a curse because he ain't willing to get dirty as we've witnessed in the play-in games.

-ghoste

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Now I'm curious if Z moves Yands next. He's great on the power play but we need better defense. Not wanting to go get pucks when the Islanders chipped it in might have been my last straw with Yands. Seems like a cool kid and I'd probably get along with him if we kicked it, but we need some gamers back there. His ironman streak is cool but also a curse because he ain't willing to get dirty as we've witnessed in the play-in games.

-ghoste

If he isn't traded by the draft, then it's my opinion that he's not willing to waive his nmc to go anywhere and he'll be here for the next 3 years. I have faith that Zito would've asked by then.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
If he isn't traded by the draft, then it's my opinion that he's not willing to waive his nmc to go anywhere and he'll be here for the next 3 years. I have faith that Zito would've asked by then.
The NMC makes Yands not terribly valuable as an acquisition I think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad