Confirmed with Link: Patric Hornqvist Playing Career Likely Over

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Knew it was coming soon.

Hell of a career. Especially for a guy picked literally last in his draft class.

All the best to Horns for a happy and productive post-hockey life. Concussions and all the other abuse he has taken over the course of his career can be scary.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I think Patric Hornqvist is one of the greatest glue guys hockey has ever seen. Instrumental in Cup wins, and one of my favorite players that has ever put on a Pens sweater.

The thought of him kind of makes all of these late round picks exciting for the very outside chance they could turn into a guy like him. What a career.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Knew it was coming soon.

Hell of a career. Especially for a guy picked literally last in his draft class.

All the best to Horns for a happy and productive post-hockey life. Concussions and all the other abuse he has taken over the course of his career can be scary.

It's wild that we won that Neal trade.

Found this post on my facebook recently...

1688069260802.png

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
I would love to see a highlight reel of not only his goals but his shit stirring in front of the net. Crucial acquisition for those Cups. Penguins legend.

Reactions: molon labe

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Top 5 all time favorites to wear the Pens sweater.

Love that man

His highlight reel here is so amazing. His play. His heart. His absence has been one of the biggest holes of the franchise and his presence was one of the most uplifting. Trading him, albeit he was in decline, for a vanilla player who skated fast and played like dogmeat in his own end never sat well with me. We haven't had an ounce of jam since.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Hard to overstate how big of a role he played in changing the team around. When you look at what we needed at the time, you couldn't have designed a better player.

That said, I think the writing was certainly on the wall that last year here so I am glad JR made the moves he did. Gutsy move to take Matheson but it worked out well.

It's wild that we won that Neal trade.

Found this post on my facebook recently...

View attachment 723755
Ahh, so you've been posting shitty takes on the internet for the better part of a decade, eh? Strong work. Your country thanks you for your contributions.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
My favorite player of all time. He's the embodiment of the best things about sports. Insane hunger for competition, self-sacrifice for teammates, unfailing optimism in the darkest of times, relentless work ethic, regardless of the score or situation...
I'm relieved to hear that he's healthy enough to work for Florida moving forward.

Have a blessed retirement, Viking warrior.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Congrats on the retirement, he's done all he could. Special player.

Thanks for the memories, particularly the cup winning goal!

14Cx.gif

But this was when he retired.

Screen-Shot-2020-09-26-at-9.35.14-AM.png

I own the man's jersey, and I always will.

One of my favorite players ever.
We have the finals with all the patches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad