Confirmed with Link: Patric Hornqvist Playing Career Likely Over

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Easy player to root for, but probably the most overrated player on this board. Crosby's stats plummeted as soon as Hornqvist was put on his wing and 72's playoff production was always disappointing. The guy always gave it his all though and made the most of his talent level.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
he's an all-timer for me. i wanted him on this team for years, then we got him and he exceeded all expectations. he's one of my favorite players ever

Easy player to root for, but probably the most overrated player on this board. Crosby's stats plummeted as soon as Hornqvist was put on his wing and 72's playoff production was always disappointing. The guy always gave it his all though and made the most of his talent level.
yawn. i bet you were real disappointed with his playoff production when that cup winner went in

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Played every shift with reckless abandon for his own body. When you talk about a heart and soul player and which player embodied it as a Penguin, ever, it starts and ends with Hornqvist.

I’ll always hate that he was traded as I was a fan of his before the Pens tenure. But in the end he won cups and has a great career for a player that never should have had the career he did with where he was picked.

He’s one hell of a f***ing success story and we're all the Hornier for being able to witness a good portion of it on a team we used to have respect for.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
He didn’t stick around long enough for me to really sour on him like I did with Orpik, Scuderi, or Kunitz. Heart and soul guy that was instrumental in those championships.

The two big guys probably left 100 regular season points each on the table because he was on their lines over the years, but you make that trade-off every day for the pair of cups. Hell of a career.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021

Even if this is true about Sid, Horny saved him from all the abuse Sid endured in the corners. You could argue Horny prolonged Sid's career.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I couldn't believe people didn't see the value in Hornqvist at the time, even though I never expected Neal to drop off like that.

Guess what I'm saying is, nearly half the time, I'm right every time.
That trade is proof positive that it is not about having the best guy, but about having the right guy.

Neal was a bonehead and he drug Malkin down that hole with him. Those two completely came unglued in the playoffs, and in my opinion cost us playoff series.

Hornqvist was the complete opposite. He made guys take penalties. He created organized chaos and brought a swagger to this team we still do not have back.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
That trade is proof positive that it is not about having the best guy, but about having the right guy.

Neal was a bonehead and he drug Malkin down that hole with him. Those two completely came unglued in the playoffs, and in my opinion cost us playoff series.

Hornqvist was the complete opposite. He made guys take penalties. He created organized chaos and brought a swagger to this team we still do not have back.

Add Letang and Crosby to the list of morons.
2012 was a great team on paper. Too bad they were so damn unlikeable

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Was it you? Lol

Honestly don't remember. Was it Empoleon?

We need to show receipts like this more often on the board. Always great perspective.
Haha. So glad I stayed out of that blood bath.

So hard to believe how long ago that was now. Then again, some people around here have been shit talking for the better part of 20 years.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Was it you? Lol

Honestly don't remember. Was it Empoleon?

We need to show receipts like this more often on the board. Always great perspective.

I thought it was Kev?

I hated the trade though.

Had this great post.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Nobody could argue the value disparity. Things only got better in the following offseason when adding Kessel. Kessel has a far better meme fallowing.

That's when things started to get fun again. Though, it still took time and some other trades. They were still bad leading into the Sully addition after MJ.

Zap Rowsdower

Sep 10, 2019
Last pick in the draft. F'n incredible. Love that guy gfdssdhyhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
(my cat typed that last part)

Reactions: NJPens66

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad