PATRIC HORNQVIST MY LOVE! I WILL NEVER FORGET!

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
PointlessRecentGermanwirehairedpointer-size_restricted.gif

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Going to miss you Hornqvist, I would love to have kept him the remainder of his contract. Guy is all GOGOGO! He's the type you need more of, but I guess we are rebuilding now. It's the only thing that makes any sense for how bad JR has been.

Reactions: BillPrep

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Time passing and getting old sucks man...

This actually is 100% how I feel. It is just a game at the end of the day. It's is something fun to invest time in. But I think this move is the equivalent of a Geno/Sid retirement. It's a moment of realization and even though I didn't want to admit it, we are probably lucky as hell if we get another Cup. Like it will have to be a historical lucky run. The era window is closing quick.

After 2017... the window was soooooooooooo wide open. And man JR did his absolute best to shut it quick as father time was taking over. And that makes the last 2 years hurt even more that we pissed away playoffs with laughable heart.

And you know who did have heart? Horny. He always did.

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
I feel like I'm at a funeral right now.

Hornqvist is my absolute favorite type of hockey player. Relatively low on skill, but he works his ass off every single shift and gets results. You need a Hornqvist or two to win the Stanley Cup. We will miss the element he brought to the team and nobody can ever take away his accomplishments of going from "last draft pick" to "playoff warrior and SCF Game 7 game winning goal scorer".

Tbh, part of me is glad to see him go before he fell off the cliff. Kunitz overstayed his welcome and I fear the fanbase would have turned on Horny if he couldn't be Horny anymore. It's for the best.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
This actually is 100% how I feel. It is just a game at the end of the day. It's is something fun to invest time in. But I think this move is the equivalent of a Geno/Sid retirement. It's a moment of realization and even though I didn't want to admit it, we are probably lucky as hell if we get another Cup. Like it will have to be a historical lucky run. The era window is closing quick.

After 2017... the window was soooooooooooo wide open. And man JR did his absolute best to shut it quick as father time was taking over. And that makes the last 2 years hurt even more that we pissed away playoffs with laughable heart.

And you know who did have heart? Horny. He always did.
It's just that realization, if you didn't have it already, that all your heros are going to be gone some day. Some sooner than we may all want or realize.

By God am I lucky I got to come of age during this era in Penguins history, but God damn I'm a little more than broken up about it being close to being over.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
More than anything else, he was uplifting for teammates and the coaching staff. Made everyone around him feel better day to day.

Plus he set the bar high on what lower skill/higher work ethic can result in. Proved it every year. That's inspirational. You better believe that permeated throughout the team.

The definition of a true professional and warrior. Will always be grateful for you, Horny. Wish you the very best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad