PATRIC HORNQVIST MY LOVE! I WILL NEVER FORGET!

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Who wants to crack open some red wine tonight and share Hornqvist stories?

448e29cf55d7a9403cca98da77e54654.jpg

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
This actually is 100% how I feel. It is just a game at the end of the day. It's is something fun to invest time in. But I think this move is the equivalent of a Geno/Sid retirement. It's a moment of realization and even though I didn't want to admit it, we are probably lucky as hell if we get another Cup. Like it will have to be a historical lucky run. The era window is closing quick.

After 2017... the window was soooooooooooo wide open. And man JR did his absolute best to shut it quick as father time was taking over. And that makes the last 2 years hurt even more that we pissed away playoffs with laughable heart.

And you know who did have heart? Horny. He always did.

His departure might seal mine as well; least for the season.

This team has almost no heart or intensity... maybe there is a little[?], and they're just not good enough to compete on a nightly basis - but for a few seasons now we've wasted hours and hours tuning in to games where the Pens had mailed it in before the puck dropped. Yet the ONLY player on this team that gives it 100 percent every night is Patric Hornqvist. Not Sid, not Geno, not anyone else.

Beyond that we have an utterly incompetent GM who is past his tenure (much like the rest of his peer group clogging up the pipeline in the real world yet want to blame young people for everything) - who is trading firsts for garbage returns and deforming the team worse than someone who knows nothing of hockey could accomplish. To invest any of the significant time it takes to tune in to an 82 game season let alone the few hundred bucks to sit here in Florida and catch every game - only to have a product that's a hodgepodge of failed reclamations with no intensity or passion is going to be a hell of a tough thing to agree to. I guess at the end of the day Hornqvist might be a few hours from me and I can go catch a game or two - especially with the Lightning so I could see some strong hockey being played. What an absolute bummer. Give a shit what the statistics say - 72 is one of the best Penguin players of all time. Gonna go have a drink to his name. Thanks for the memories and passion you brought to Penguins hockey.

Last edited:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Fan appreciation thread. This ain't no trade talk. Just horny love.

You want 'appreciation'.

You promised the hockey gods ANYTHING for the B2B cup. ANYTHING.

The early playoff losses. Jack Johnson. The senile GM. The coach who morphed into Dan Bylsma.

They hockey gods have made us suffer for your promise.

But, when the hockey gods went one step too far, the trade that imminent suddenly was called off.

And why?

Because Patric Hornqvist >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. The Hockey Gods.

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
You want 'appreciation'.

The early playoff losses. Jack Johnson. The senile GM. The coach who morphed into Dan Bylsma.

But, when the hockey gods went one step too far, the trade that imminent suddenly was called off.

And why?

Hornqvist clearly IS the hockey God. You unenlightened swine.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Hornqvist clearly IS the hockey God. You unenlightened swine.

Oh piss off.

How dare you compare Patric Hornqvist to something so pathetic as the hockey God.

Honestly, @ColePens should permanently ban you for this.

More seriously, Patric Hornqvist has been an absolute warrior for the Pens from the day he got here. Whatever he has (and yes it's not as much now as it was a few years ago), he gives you all of it, and he's meant so much to the organization-- and its success-- over the last 6 years. Whenever the day comes that he goes-- and however it happens-- his time here should be celebrated and remembered fondly.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
You want 'appreciation'.

And why?

You know I would never offer up Hornqvist. I said anything and then whispered except 72.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan and KIRK

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
Guess I'll just re-post an article and outtakes which always makes me smile

Patric Hornqvist's intensity is 'on another level'

Inside the team’s dressing room, Kuhnhackl sat with his head down, quiet and nervous, before his next-door neighbor, Patric Hornqvist, broke the silence with a few inspirational words.
“He just turned to me and started screaming in Swedish,” Kuhnhackl recalled. “I was like, ‘Is this normal? What’s happening here?’ I honestly started to get scared. I wasn’t used to it. Now, I love it.”

Kuhnhackl said Hornqvist has developed a new pregame routine, in that he couples the yelling with a few body punches before they head out onto the ice.

“It’s sometimes too much yelling,” Evgeni Malkin kidded on Saturday. “But I know he brings energy. … He loves to play, he loves to be here.”

“He’s definitely the most intense guy I’ve ever played with,” said Matt Cullen, who has played 1,469 NHL games when you combine regular season and playoffs. “Everybody understands how bad he wants to win. It’s all about that. It’s not about personal stuff as far as wanting goals or wanting assists. I think we all know how much he wants to win and how much he cares about the guys.

After games, the necks of Hornqvist’s undershirts are routinely shredded. They don’t come like this. Hornqvist usually Hulk Hogan’s them in fits of intensity.

It’s actually impossible to talk to one of Hornqvist’s teammates without their faces lighting up with excitement.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
The spearhead of the culture change that lead the Pens to two more cups. If and when he leaves he should be represented as well as anyone on the Pens wall or greatness or whatever it's called. He is the exact opposite of the country club culture that has been a criticism of the organization for decades.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Didn't expect this to happen.

Yea with the current team you may not be in the top 6 anymore but you helped us win 2 cups and help the powerplay out.

Don't worry I will miss you Horny.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
The guy was a such a warrior for the Pens. He was what they desperately needed. A true heart and soul type of player. Scored some of the biggest goals like the OT winner against the Caps, then sealing the '16 Cup with the empty netter, and of course the Cup winning goal against the Preds.

He will always be a huge part of those B2B. Thanks for everything Horns!!

Reactions: Trade

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
Hörnqvist himself was the real winner in this trade once (if) he come to terms with the fact his career is "over". He gets out of Pittsburgh (who's championship days are over) to a non-pressure enviroment in Florida on a sweet contract. He can ride into the sunset with two cups and just play out his last contract close to a beach.

I'd take that and run every day of the week if I was not a franchise player.

Reactions: EightyOne

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Hörnqvist himself was the real winner in this trade once (if) he come to terms with the fact his career is "over". He gets out of Pittsburgh (who's championship days are over) to a non-pressure enviroment in Florida on a sweet contract. He can ride into the sunset with two cups and just play out his last contract close to a beach.

I'd take that and run every day of the week if I was not a franchise player.

pre-retirement retirement party

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->