PATRIC HORNQVIST MY LOVE! I WILL NEVER FORGET!

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Last pick of his draft to consistent 20 goal scorer and two time Stanley Cup champion. The goal he scored in ‘17 will live on highlights and re-runs forever. Maximized every ounce of his talent. Absolute warrior who no one would ever accuse of taking a shift off.

In my opinion he embodies how hockey (and every sport for that matter) is meant to be played. And I can’t give much higher praise than that.

Hope he continues to find success in Florida.

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009
HATED!!!!!! The Neal trade (was ignorant to Horny at the time)

Hate this infinitely more. I understand it to a degree. #72 is everything I personally think young players should aspire to become. He will FOREVER be a Penguin. Nashville and Florida can piss right off.

Thanks for EVERYTHING

Reactions: BillPrep

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Still holding out hope this trade gets shitcanned.

If it doesn't... maximum respect to Horns for everything he's done here. And he did quite a lot. I don't know that they have the same success the last few years without him.

Reactions: BillPrep and Andy99

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
This is a situation where if anyone DID buy a Hornqvist jersey, they should wear it with pride at any Pens game. ANY. That is a name you can respectfully wear that no longer plays here.

It's a shame he was my 2nd option for each of the jerseys I bought during his tenure with the Pens. I don't expect to feel any regret about repping Guentzel or Malkin down the road, but the Maatta one is unlikely to see daylight anytime soon.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
HJe6WDe.gif

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
I get him being moved, I do. He has a decent cap hit on a cap-crunched team and this definitely counts as a shake up that JR has been mentioning.

But it still hurts. It hurts bad.

Reactions: BillPrep

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB

tumblr_o64xyjag7W1rihez4o1_400.gif

Hornqvist played 400+ games over 6 seasons, finishing just inside the Top 30 for games played as a Penguin. He only had to play 54 more games (likely?) to bump Rob Scuderi (460) out of the 20th spot. As far as the playoffs go, he does rank 20th after suiting up for 66 games - including all 24 games in 2016.

#Hornqvist4Ever​

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The Pens don't win those cups without Hornqvist. It sucks to see him leave, as the team needs ore players with his attitude, not less.
The most frustrating thing to see was how Hornqvist was utilized after the 2 cups, they basically just discarded him to the 3rd line which became an epic mess, he’d get spot duty in the top 6 and misused as a left winger, then even on the powerplay, they started to dick about with him.

Patric Hornqvist deserved better, far better than what this team treated him like the last couple of seasons.

Also I don’t know what was said about me by Gurglesons in that previous thread and at this point, I don’t care.

BillPrep

Jun 2, 2016
This is a situation where if anyone DID buy a Hornqvist jersey, they should wear it with pride at any Pens game. ANY. That is a name you can respectfully wear that no longer plays here.
I've never been to a game in pittsburgh...but I dont wear any other to games in phx, la, and vegas...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->