Post-Game Talk: Pathetic effort by the buds 2:4.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
Read this. Especially Myth #2 and educate youself.

Here

gDAcsyD.jpg

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Not going to lie, I've got an awful feeling about the game vs. the Capitals on Saturday. If we play like that, we're going to lose badly.

Also, can we play Reimer again please?

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
You know it isn't whether Bozak is one of the best 1st. line centers in the league, it is whether he is better on the team than off.

If people need to look at bloggers to know what is happening on the ice then they're missing the best part, watching the games.

A line plays in more than one zone, they just score in one.

Who is a better overall center on the Leafs than Bozak? No one yet.

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
You know it isn't whether Bozak is one of the best 1st. line centers in the league, it is whether he is better on the team than off.

If people need to look at bloggers to know what is happening on the ice then they're missing the best part, watching the games.

Bolland!

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

You are making a mochary of hockey players with skill when you say that. It was even admitted by MLSE we needed upgrade on C. This letting a kid play top 6 or completely deficient and talent void we call Bozo does not help this team.

It's like some rocket science to some of you people, like way over your heads. Buying out our best possession center is hurting our shots against stat and causing our goalies to expend massive amounts of energy. Will they have legs in the final stretch?

Drive me up the wall some of these half arsed comments that are completely irrelevant.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Bolland is definitely better overall.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
Watching JVR laughing on the bench in the 3rd was pretty irritating
hopefully RC skates the **** out of them today

you see that stuff in basketball all the time and I hate it.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

Bloggers like Charron are so simple in their approach that they are easy to debunk, I think Kessel had his best production playing with Joey Crabb for a span of 10 games when Lupul went down. Small samples, easy to cherry pick selected stats.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Bozak though, brings balance to our lines, until we can really shore up with what is needed. I think everyone can agree Bozak isn't the sexiest choice - but he helps balance out the lines:

Kadri isn't ready for it yet. he simply isn't.

Holland isn't (really) ready for it, but he's better than Kadri (but it's been a few games, so I'll reassess when the "omg I'm a Leaf!" bloom wears off).

Bolland is broken :cry:

Bozak - despite numbers etc helps brings in a balance to the teams lineup, and does help out in areas that we're clearly suffering. (see: Penalty Kill. we were hovering around 2nd-4th when he and Bolland went down - we're 13th as of last night, and one would assume that with 2 pp goals against it's probably dropped us further). Im not saying that Bozak is the SOLE reason - but again he helped balance it out.

i don't think i'm going to get too hard on JVR/Kadri laughing during the third. a big part of the team's ... make up for a lack of a better word is believing that they can come back from anything - so I guess by having a relaxed attitude on the bench helps that? (or even someone cracked a joke ie; look how crappy we look!") :laugh:

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Just because you're losing, doesn't mean you hate everything.
Projecting your standards and ideals on the world will generally leave you wanting.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I like Bozak as the #1C because he is a meshing player, he shapes his game to the needs of the line. I also like it because the line can stay offensively potent with him there, allowing us to use more skilled alternatives like Holland, Bolland and Kadri especially in a second and third line. This gives us the overall best forward group.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I like Bozak as the #1C because he is a meshing player, he shapes his game to the needs of the line. I also like it because the line can stay offensively potent with him there, allowing us to use more skilled alternatives like Holland, Bolland and Kadri especially in a second and third line. This gives us the overall best forward group.

It says a lot about Kessel and JVR's abilities, when they can continue to produce with mannequin between them, I agree.

What you're saying, in more words, is that you're fine having a complete passenger on the 1st line.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
It says a lot about Kessel and JVR's abilities, when they can continue to produce with mannequin between them, I agree.

What you're saying, in more words, is that you're fine having a complete passenger on the 1st line.

No he's saying that JvR and Kessel show that they can produce without an offensive skilled line mate.

Instead, they need a center to cover their defensive lapses.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011

No, what you've done is taken words away to remove context from the opinion.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
No he's saying that JvR and Kessel show that they can produce without an offensive skilled line mate.

Instead, they need a center to cover their defensive lapses.

Since Bozak is not very good defensively, and brings a negative value physically, Nonis should probably upgrade there, and soon.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
No, what you've done is taken words away to remove context from the opinion.

No. I haven't. Lol.

He's fine with a 1C passenger, in order to put skill in positions with better defensive matchups. The only difference is that I used the word "passenger", to describe Bozak's contribution.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden

The posts above me is right. I'll try to put things in another way. What I'm doing is looking at things from a team perspective first, line perspective second and player perspective last.

I don't care for trying to maximize production from our #1C, I care more about looking at what the line as a whole is producing and what I care the most for is how you can get as much production out of all the lines combined.

With Bozak on the first line, that line is still almost as productive offensively and is stronger defensively than with Kadri. It gets stronger faceoffs and therefor we don't have to have that line pinned in our own zone, where it becomes a complete liability.

This allows us to have Kadri and Lupul on the second line, which instantly becomes a much better line offensively that can be sheltered enough to mask defensive liability.

Team > Line > Player

Some posters here seem to have their priorities the other way around. They'd rather field an ineffective second and third line if it meant the first, and the center in particular, could produce a little bit more.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
No. I haven't. Lol.

He's fine with a 1C passenger, in order to put skill in positions with better defensive matchups. The only difference is that I used the word "passenger", to describe Bozak's contribution.

The other difference is that you added "in order to put skill in positions with better defensive matchups", which is the context you stripped away and is extremely important. It's completely fine to put a "passenger" on the top line in order to spread skill in other areas, coaches do it all the time, and it's something we can leverage with good depth -- making the most of what you have.

What makes him a "passenger" is that his play doesn't really stand out -- positively or negatively. He's fairly solid in all areas of the game and I don't see any problem with him being on the ice for 1st line minutes.

Sure having a better player would be better, but not at the expense of having an unbalanced attack.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
The other difference is that you added "in order to put skill in positions with better defensive matchups", which is the context you stripped away and is extremely important. It's completely fine to put a "passenger" on the top line in order to spread skill in other areas, coaches do it all the time, and it's something we can leverage with good depth -- making the most of what you have.

What makes him a "passenger" is that his play doesn't really stand out -- positively or negatively. He's fairly solid in all areas of the game and I don't see any problem with him being on the ice for 1st line minutes.

Sure having a better player would be better, but not at the expense of having an unbalanced attack.

Hogwash!

You get the best centers you can get to play for your team. End of story end of debate

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad