Proposal: Patch for Picks and NHL ready Prospect (C, LD). Is your team interested?

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I've been here longer than you buddy. Much longer. Can't help it if your email account closes and they prune you. I joined the same day Darth milbury did. once again Ferris you assume things you know nothing about

Wow. Cool.

This, of course, doesn't change the fact that you've spammed 216 messages here in six days.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Wow. Cool.

This, of course, doesn't change the fact that you've spammed 216 messages here in six days.
I haven't spammed once I just give my honest opinion. I can honestly say that patches has been my favorite non islander player ever since he got hurt being slammed into a board and hurt as a rookie. I think he's a great player. But I also think value is determined by production and while I think he's be doing much more if he was on another team. He's not on another team.

As such the Habs have no legitimate cause to expect him to return that kind of value. If you think Tomas Hertl would score 50 in Pittsburgh with crosby, does that make him worth a 50 goal scorer? of course not. You could be absolutely right about your belief. But it doesn't change his value. His value is defined by what the market will pay. And it always has been.

And for the record the only Canadien I dislike is Bergevin And Thats Because He's Ruined A Great Team. I lived through mike milbury And i hate Incompetent GMs.

Last edited:

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I haven't spammed once I just give my honest opinion. I can honestly say that patches has been my favorite non islander player ever since he got hurt being slammed into a board and hurt as a rookie. I think he's a great player. But I also think value is determined by production and while I think he's be doing much more if he was on another team. He's not on another team.

As such the Habs have no legitimate cause to expect him to return that kind of value. If you think Tomas Hertl would score 50 in Pittsburgh with crosby, does that make him worth a 50 goal scorer? of course not. You could be absolutely right about your belief. But it doesn't change his value. His value is defined by what the market will pay. And it always has been

He had four goals at the 20-game mark last season. From December 1st on, he led the entire NHL in goal scoring. I think you choice to announce he will never score 30-goals again in a Habs uniform again is silly at best.

I'm not sure why he needs to be "on another team" to score 30 goals, but then again you cited the loss of Saku Koivu - something that happened eight years ago - as a contributing factor in his decline, so you're clearly not a source for this information.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
If Duchene got all that, Pacioretty will get more for sure. People need to stop that Pacioretty hating.

Alright. Just so you know how ridiculous this looks.

To Carolina
Max Pacioretty

To Montreal
1st, 2nd, and 4th in 2018
1st and 5th in 2019
Noah Hanifin
Trevor Carrick
Nicolas Roy
Max Zimmer
Pucks (a whole bag)

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
He had four goals at the 20-game mark last season. From December 1st on, he led the entire NHL in goal scoring. I think you choice to announce he will never score 30-goals again in a Habs uniform again is silly at best.

I'm not sure why he needs to be "on another team" to score 30 goals, but then again you cited the loss of Saku Koivu - something that happened eight years ago - as a contributing factor in his decline, so you're clearly not a source for this information.
No I Mentioned 4 Guys The Canadiens Dont Have A Puck Mover Or A Legit 1 or 2 Center On The Roster That Was The Point. If They Had A Young koivu Or A Young Plekanec Or Even A Sergachev On The Roster patches Would Be fine. The roster is patches problem And Unfortunately that Wont Change Anytime Soon

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
No I Mentioned 4 Guys The Canadiens Dont Have A Puck Mover Or A Legit 1 or 2 Center On The Roster That Was The Point. If They Had A Young koivu Or A Young Plekanec Or Even A Sergachev On The Roster patches Would Be fine. The roster is patches problem And Unfortunately that Wont Change Anytime Soon

He is currently on pace for 25 goals and you've vowed he'll never score 30 again with the Canadiens. You're being ridiculous, and I'm done taking the bait.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
He is currently on pace for 25 goals and you've vowed he'll never score 30 again with the Canadiens. You're being ridiculous, and I'm done taking the bait.
Until he gets a center and A Defenseman who can get him the puck on a consistent Basis i feel its a legitamate stance. I get it Its totally not his fault but its not a One man game. And my prediction is based on him not being here because he'll leave as a free agent rather than waste away.

I have no confidence in Bergevin to turn this around

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I will try something.

to St.Louis
Max Pacioretty (salary retained)
Jordie Benn

to Montreal
Robert Thomas
Jay Bouwmeester (to offset salaries)
1st 2019

no, that said i like Thomas, not enough quality pieces tho

Patches for Ladd. Isles retain 1 mil in salary.
Isles add Bellows and a 2018 1st. (They have 2)
Mtl adds small.

no

Sonny Milano + Vladislav Gavrikov (NHL Ready LHD playing Russia) + Matt Calvert (small cap dump) + '18 1st

or

Milano + Gabriel Carlsson + Calvert + 2nd

Jackets go all in for the next two years, and the Canadiens add two high quality NHL ready prospects

Panarin-Dubois-Anderson
Pacioretty-Wennberg-Atkinson
Jenner-Dubinsky-Foligno
Motte-Sedlak-Bjorkstrand

no

Higher of Islanders 2018 1st + beauviller + 2nd/wotherspoon/toews/aho

Pacioretty Nelson Ho Sang is a dominant 3rd line Isles already best offense in the league gets better.

no

Probably wouldn’t do it as a Sharks fan since not the way I want the Sharks moving but I would do something like this for Patches in the off-season if we somehow magically get Tavares:

Norris (last year’s first)
O’Regan (lead us in AHL scoring last year and is looking good in the NHL this year)
2019 1st
Dillon/Boedker (even out salary a little)

For Pac

no

2018 1st
Timo Meier
Brendan Dillion or Mikael Boedker

no

EDM 1st
Caleb Jones

sure

2018 1st, Anthony DeAngelo, John Gilmour

no

Don't quit your day jobs.

Last edited:

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Alright. Just so you know how ridiculous this looks.

To Carolina
Max Pacioretty

To Montreal
1st, 2nd, and 4th in 2018
1st and 5th in 2019
Noah Hanifin
Trevor Carrick
Nicolas Roy
Max Zimmer
Pucks (a whole bag)

Only need a few pucks not a whole bag, we can add a 5th pick if you want.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Probably wouldn’t do it as a Sharks fan since not the way I want the Sharks moving but I would do something like this for Patches in the off-season if we somehow magically get Tavares:

Norris (last year’s first)
O’Regan (lead us in AHL scoring last year and is looking good in the NHL this year)
2019 1st
Dillon/Boedker (even out salary a little)

For Pac

I like it. Norris+1st+roster player is the kinda package I'd want from SJ for Patch.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Kind of funny that you say sure to the EDM one when there’s are multiple that have more value than that.

Yea like any of those packages has more value than a top 5, certainly a top 10 pick in a stacked draft. We can draft a stud like Wahlstrom with that pick. Yours certainly doesn't, a prospect like Norris and a 20+ 1st rounder doesn't get you anywhere close to Pacioretty. I said no to Meier + a 1st so imagine how your offer stacks up.

That said i'd push to get Bear in that EDM deal instead of Jones.

Last edited:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Yea like any of those packages has more value than a top 5, certainly a top 10 pick in a stacked draft. We can draft a stud like Wahlstrom with that pick. Yours certainly doesn't, a prospect like Norris and a 20+ 1st rounder doesn't get you anywhere close to Pacioretty. I said no to Meier + a 1st so imagine how your offer stacks up.

That said i'd push to get Bear in that EDM deal instead of Jones.
Great. I never said my offer did. There’s still other offers.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Robert Thomas + a B asset would be pretty good. I liked Thomas a lot in the draft, though Poehling looked better at the showcase.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
I Wasnt talking to just you. Most fans here have asked for a premium for A declining player. Im just pointing Out that asking a Premium for a declining guy definitely Arent looking at both sides

You should read the posts I made in this thread. I'm not in the "most fans" group.

mrinsane

Dec 8, 2005
Fleury, Teravainen, Roy and 4th round pick 2018 for Patches and De La Rose/Davidson

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
Get ready to be dissapointed if Pacioretty is traded.

You won't get a top prospect + 1st + other.

Choose between 1) 1st + b prospect or 2) a top prospect

Also get ready to get a cap dump and/or salary retained.

Name me another 35 plus goal scorer with a cap friendly hit of $4.5 million for this year and next??

Patches has HUGE trade value!

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Name me another 35 plus goal scorer with a cap friendly hit of $4.5 million for this year and next??

Patches has HUGE trade value!

then do it

im just sayiny that you shouldnt benefit because someone else has a legit number one center and puckmovers that you dont have, thats the only way Patches returns to that level

i have no doubt that with Connor McDavid patches could score 35. but with Montreal he'll only score 25, why should edmonton pay for a 35 goal scorer price instead of a 25 goal scorer price, just because they happen to have Connor McDavid?

montreal isnt trading McDavid And Patches,their only trading patches and they shouldnt benefit from trading what they arent giving

and Habs fans seem to want a kings ransom, regardles

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
then do it

im just sayiny that you shouldnt benefit because someone else has a legit number one center and puckmovers that you dont have, thats the only way Patches returns to that level

i have no doubt that with Connor McDavid patches could score 35. but with Montreal he'll only score 25, why should edmonton pay for a 35 goal scorer price instead of a 25 goal scorer price, just because they happen to have Connor McDavid?

montreal isnt trading McDavid And Patches,their only trading patches and they shouldnt benefit from trading what they arent giving

and Habs fans seem to want a kings ransom, regardles
Maybe just maybe because Patches is a 35 goal scorer. But don't let the facts get in your way.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Maybe just maybe because Patches is a 35 goal scorer. But don't let the facts get in your way.
except he's not

I guarantee if he remains in montreal , he'll never score 35 again

he needs a center and decent puck movers to do that and you dont have them

he's a great player but nobody can do it alone

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
except he's not

I guarantee if he remains in montreal , he'll never score 35 again

he needs a center and decent puck movers to do that and you dont have them

he's a great player but nobody can do it alone
You can't guarantee nothing and YES Patches is a 35 goal scorer and i have the facts to back it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad