Proposal: Patch for Picks and NHL ready Prospect (C, LD). Is your team interested?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Lets say the Habs are interested in trading Patch. I personally would like picks and a NHL ready prospect and I realize the team that takes him wants to keep of their team in place for a cup run. Is your team interested? And what is your offer?

Looking for at least this...
- 2018 1st
- 2019 1st or 2nd
- NHL ready prospect (no older than age 21 and plays Center or LD)
- Other 2nd tier prospects

Reactions: Ori

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
Sorry but I highly doubt max p gets that much. Scratch the 2019 pick and that’s more likely to happen.

I’d love to have patches on the blues but that deal would have to be strictly prospects and a cap dump. No picks going back to Montreal.

Reactions: Troy

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Sorry but I highly doubt max p gets that much. Scratch the 2019 pick and that’s more likely to happen.

I’d love to have patches on the blues but that deal would have to be strictly prospects and a cap dump. No picks going back to Montreal.

Patch would return a significant return. We would not be trading him if we don't get a 2018 1st and a near NHL ready prospect in return. He is 2 years from UFA, on a very good contract, has never played with a elite level top 2 center, and has one of the best NHL shots in the league scoring 30+ goals for several seasons.

If he is made available, teams are interested and if the return is picks and prospects, it would work for several teams looking for added offense for a playoff run this year and next

Reactions: xxsciroccoxx

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
A significant return would be a 1st, an nhl ready prospect, and another grade b prospect. His salary of 4.5 is real nice and helps out the teams looking for him (since most of them are up against the cap) but only has 1 year left beyond this year.

An offer from me, a blues fan, would be next years first ( since we don’t have this years), schmaltz or walman, barbashev, and gunnerson(for cap). Anything more than that and I wouldn’t be interested.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
A significant return would be a 1st, an nhl ready prospect, and another grade b prospect. His salary of 4.5 is real nice and helps out the teams looking for him (since most of them are up against the cap) but only has 1 year left beyond this year.

An offer from me, a blues fan, would be next years first ( since we don’t have this years), schmaltz or walman, barbashev, and gunnerson(for cap). Anything more than that and I wouldn’t be interested.

It's unfortunate you don't have a 1st in 2018. Habs would want the 2018 1st at the very least

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
It's unfortunate you don't have a 1st in 2018. Habs would want the 2018 1st at the very least

Pretty sure a prospect like barbashev makes up for the first sliding a year. Barbashev will be a solid 3c who can slide up and play 2c. He played in the playoffs for us last year and didn’t look out of place at all. Just no room on the roster for him right now.

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
A 1st and 2 prospects. Any more is a overpayment

Until E. Kane is dealt I don’t think patches has great value. Kane will semi set the value for max p and can be had for less than I posted for patches.

Reactions: Troy

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Pretty sure a prospect like barbashev makes up for the first sliding a year. Barbashev will be a solid 3c who can slide up and play 2c. He played in the playoffs for us last year and didn’t look out of place at all. Just no room on the roster for him right now.

I understand your perception but other teams beat this deal based on the Habs looking for help in our prospect pool earlier than later. Price is 30 and Weber is 32. We need to add to our prospect group today and I want 2018 picks more than 2019 picks. Takes 3-5 years for prospects to make impacts in the NHL. Habs are at the critical point and we need a bit of a boost to our prospect pool and NHL ready players.

Barbashev fits in the close to NHL ready prospects. However, I suspect other teams have similar talent they can offer as well as the 2018 1st

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I will try something.

to St.Louis
Max Pacioretty (salary retained)
Jordie Benn

to Montreal
Robert Thomas
Jay Bouwmeester (to offset salaries)
1st 2019

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Until E. Kane is dealt I don’t think patches has great value. Kane will semi set the value for max p and can be had for less than I posted for patches.

Not sure I agree. Kane is one hell of a power forward and teams will be interested. However, Patch is signed for 2 years at a very good AAV. Think about what the Sabres will ask for Kane at the deadline as a UFA rental. Then think about what you can get for 2 years of Patch who scores 30+ goals, has great size and speed, and is has good defensive awareness.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I will try something.

to St.Louis
Jordie Benn

to Montreal
Robert Thomas
1st 2019

If you ask the Habs to retain on Patch's salary and also ask the Habs to give up Benn, the price goes up. Don't you agree?

- Thomas fits for the center depth
- 2019 1st is nice but one year more we have to wait when we have Price and Weber close to their mid 30's when this pick makes an impact on our roster
- Bouwmeester is nice but he is UFA in 2 years. We are looking for longer term solutions and players under team control for several years.

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
I will try something.

to St.Louis
Jordie Benn

to Montreal
Robert Thomas
1st 2019

Robert Thomas is a non starter from the blues prospective.

You can’t say max has 2 years left when compared to Kane because he only has 1 year after this. Yes that helps his value because that year is at 4.5 million but after that he is gone to the highest bidder.

The blues have he prospects, especially at defense, to make something work. Dunn, walman, schmaltz are all nhl ready and Dunn and been here all year.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Lets say the Habs are interested in trading Patch. I personally would like picks and a NHL ready prospect and I realize the team that takes him wants to keep of their team in place for a cup run. Is your team interested? And what is your offer?

- 2018 1st
- 2019 1st or 2nd

I would be interested because think we are going to need to replace JVR's goals if he leaves via free agency, I don't think Toronto will be interested though,ven if they are I don't know that Montreal would trade him thin the Atlantic

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Patches for Ladd. Isles retain 1 mil in salary.
Isles add Bellows and a 2018 1st. (They have 2)
Mtl adds small.

We are not interested in cap dumps. We are interested in prospects and picks (both, not one). We will take a cap dump to make the deal work but don't expect us to give you value for it.

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
You’re going to be let down real hard when patches is traded for not what you think. He has good value but he isn’t a center or a defenseman and those are the ones that bring in huge hauls.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

- 2018 1st
- 2019 1st or 2nd

The proposal is actually fairly reasonable. Notwithstanding, debates between Habs vs AVs fans, Patches is NOT better than Duchene the return for 4 vs 6 (Hammond dump is not counted) is less which the proposal seems to be.

However, the issue is would the Habs make the trade? Weber and Price are near or already 30 years old. A rebuild requires moving Weber (good luck with the contract) and Price (same problem) to avoid wasting his best years in a rebuild.

I actually like the deal and would do a trade if available, Weber and Price can always be dealt later or retire during the rebuild.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Patches for Ladd. Isles retain 1 mil in salary.
Isles add Bellows and a 2018 1st. (They have 2)
Mtl adds small.
Ladd has a NTC.
He is finally healthy, playing solidly and the Ladd-Barzal-Eberle 2nd line has been very good.
No interest Patches for top prospects or a 1st, with Lee on pace for a 2nd straight 30+ goal season.

2017-2018
Patches 25 games: 7g,6a
Anders Lee 24 games: 13g, 12a
Ladd 24 games: 6g, 6a
Nelson 24 games: 6g,3a

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Sonny Milano + Vladislav Gavrikov (NHL Ready LHD playing Russia) + Matt Calvert (small cap dump) + '18 1st

or

Milano + Gabriel Carlsson + Calvert + 2nd

Jackets go all in for the next two years, and the Canadiens add two high quality NHL ready prospects

Panarin-Dubois-Anderson
Pacioretty-Wennberg-Atkinson
Jenner-Dubinsky-Foligno
Motte-Sedlak-Bjorkstrand

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
If you ask the Habs to retain on Patch's salary and also ask the Habs to give up Benn, the price goes up. Don't you agree?

- Thomas fits for the center depth
- 2019 1st is nice but one year more we have to wait when we have Price and Weber close to their mid 30's when this pick makes an impact on our roster
- Bouwmeester is nice but he is UFA in 2 years. We are looking for longer term solutions and players under team control for several years.
Get ready to be dissapointed if Pacioretty is traded.

You won't get a top prospect + 1st + other.

Choose between 1) 1st + b prospect or 2) a top prospect

Also get ready to get a cap dump and/or salary retained.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Get ready to be dissapointed if Pacioretty is traded.

You won't get a top prospect + 1st + other.

Choose between 1) 1st + b prospect or 2) a top prospect

Also get ready to get a cap dump and/or salary retained.

Not sure if you are right or wrong about that. What do you think Patch gets as a UFA rental (like E Kane)? I would imagine it's a 1st, + ? Add that Patch has a very good NHL contract and a extra year and he won't get as much as what Duchene got but it won't be too far behind.

- 2018 1st
- NHL ready prospect at Center or LD
- other picks or prospects

That is not an unreasonable ask for Patch and what he would bring to a cup contending team for the next 2 years.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can

- 2018 1st
- 2019 1st or 2nd

If your expecting this sorta return for Patches your going to be upset with what he actually gets. I could see Patches getting a top 4 defense man and a prospect or a first and a low end prospect but no way he gets 2 first and 3 other prospects

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad