Proposal: Patch for a 1st, 2nd, Conditional 2nd if he re-signs. What teams make this deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Over his last 3 years, he's been 9th, 25th and 100+.

That's not one of the leagues best goal scorers.

Do his playoff stats for fun next.

I can't imagine a GM giving up assets for Pacioretty hoping that THIS is the piece that puts them over the top in the playoffs.

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
:sharks
Tierney
Norris
2019 2nd FLA becomes a 2020 1st if he resigns in SJ

Value seem fair, even if Idk if that really match MTL needs. Maybe I'm wrong but if Tierney doesn't have 2C potential, he would be at best another Danault and it wouldn't really help (with Plekanec, DLR and Peca for the bottom 6 right now). For Norris, even if it's hard to find good C, I think they would be more interested by a W or D prospect. We just drafted a lot of C in the past 2 drafts, so it would be best to add some 18-19-20 yo W or D. But we can always turn some of these C into W.

Njfj

Feb 14, 2015
I remember defending Sharp when his decline started. I was so sure he'd fetch a reasonable return. Mind you we were in cap trouble. He didnt ever rebound though. Don't worry habs fans I'm sure it'll be ok....

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Since the 2011/2012 season and including his off year last year.... Never been one of the best goal scores in the NHL eh? You don't know what you are talking about. Patch was able to acomplish these stats with the terrible center depth in Montreal as well.

F3YKINE.jpg

How about if we remove last season? (2011-2017)

Nnq7dtE.jpg

All these fancy stats tell me is that Tavares has a terrible plus/minus and the Leafs are probably going to miss the playoffs.

:sarcasm:

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
If he starts the season strong I could see the 1st rd plus argument but if he continues to decline I’m not sure teams would be willing to give that up.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I would do it as a Panthers fan, but they would have to take back salary as well.
People need to figure out that as habs take salary back on a Patches deal, the pieces coming back will need to increase in quality. We wouldn't take several years of a bad contract just to send Patches away for 1 year. His contract is exceptionally low right now to us, we won't severely handicap our cap space just for a 1st rounder.

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
Since the 2011/2012 season and including his off year last year.... Never been one of the best goal scores in the NHL eh? You don't know what you are talking about. Patch was able to acomplish these stats with the terrible center depth in Montreal as well.

F3YKINE.jpg

How about if we remove last season? (2011-2017)

Nnq7dtE.jpg

How about we do from the 2015-2016 on?

Patches moves down to number 27, with 82 goals in the last three years.

Last edited:

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
People need to figure out that as habs take salary back on a Patches deal, the pieces coming back will need to increase in quality. We wouldn't take several years of a bad contract just to send Patches away for 1 year. His contract is exceptionally low right now to us, we won't severely handicap our cap space just for a 1st rounder.

The cap filler would be someone like Bjugstad, who has three years left @ $4.1 million, or McGinn, and his $3.333 million for this upcoming season. Bjugstad and our 1st, with a conditional 2nd rounder would be enough.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
How about we do from the 2015-2016 on?

Patches moves down to number 27, with 82 goals in the last three years.

Sure but it has nothing to do with the comment.... "Patch was never a elite level goal scorer".

Also, Are we asking for a top 5 or top 10 NHL goal scorer return? Think about the return in this case? His value is already lowered cause he is near the end of his prime years and you don't get to double down on the devalue attempts. Something that has become ridiculous in Patch's value on these trade threads. The other factor is how Patch's numbers have been affected by how bad the Habs center depth and skill has gotten over the last few years. Yeah, our center depth has not been good in the last decade or so. But it's been worse in the last few years too and we also lost Radulov and Markov.

The only thing people should be worried about is Pending UFA status and what he would want in his next contract. All other crap at trying to devalue him is BS. Getting a goal scoring talent with size and very good skating for one year at $4.5M has lots of value on the trade market. The price has been set high no doubt... Bergevin has played this wrong. But don't confuse yourself with what Bergevin is asking for and what is likely a fair return. A 1st, 2nd, and conditional 2nd would be considered a low return by many.

Reactions: jfhabs

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Terrible. We also don't need Patches, who does he bump? Gaudreau? Tkachuk? lol.
a questionable 24 year old NHL sophomore and a grade a D prospect are too much for a perennial 25+ goal scorer? That's stupid.
Also Gaudreau has very successfully played RW at a number of tournaments and Tkachuk played RW in Junior. The person he displaces from the Top-6 is Bennett, but he's way better than bennett so why does that matter.

Gaudreau-Monahan-Neal
Pacioretty-Lindholm-Tkachuk
Bennett-Backlund-Frolik

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
a questionable 24 year old NHL sophomore and a grade a D prospect are too much for a perennial 25+ goal scorer? That's stupid.
Also Gaudreau has very successfully played RW at a number of tournaments and Tkachuk played RW in Junior. The person he displaces from the Top-6 is Bennett, but he's way better than bennett so why does that matter.

Gaudreau-Monahan-Neal
Pacioretty-Lindholm-Tkachuk
Bennett-Backlund-Frolik
There are not enough facepalms for this post. So you are going to trade a very good young developing player in Janko who is way better than you give him credit for and a grade A D prospect for a rental we can't afford to sign? Thank the Lord you are not BT.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
At what point does patches actually get traded. I don't think its gonna happen. I think bergevins asks alienated the other gms

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
This question is dumb af
No it isnt, you just don't like the answer. Face facts property isn't a 35 goal scored any longer and he needs a new contract and he's not worth half of what your asking.

At this point I don't even give up a first for him until I see that his decline is just a one year aberation. Hab fans can call him a 30 goal scorer till they are blue in the face but it as no more true than the moon is made of green cheese. Why take the risk?

Reactions: Starat327

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
No it isnt, you just don't like the answer. Face facts property isn't a 35 goal scored any longer and he needs a new contract and he's not worth half of what your asking.

At this point I don't even give up a first for him until I see that his decline is just a one year aberation. Hab fans can call him a 30 goal scorer till they are blue in the face but it as no more true than the moon is made of green cheese. Why take the risk?

yeah Pacioretty is not a 30goal scorer anymore, 1 season means he's 100% declining says 72hocketguy.

I also remember 72hockeyguy laughing at people saying tavares would sign elsewhere!

moral of the story, 72hockeyguy does not know everything.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
yeah Pacioretty is not a 30goal scorer anymore, 1 season means he's 100% declining says 72hocketguy.

I also remember 72hockeyguy laughing at people saying tavares would sign elsewhere!

moral of the story, 72hockeyguy does not know everything.
and now we learned that hope lies, i defy you to find me laughing at anyone refering to Tavares

if youre gonna baldfaced lie you better have your proof ready

and the fact is Pacioretty is NOT A 30 GOAL SCORER ANY LONGER so maybe you need to stay current instead of living in the past

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad