Proposal: Patch for a 1st, 2nd, Conditional 2nd if he re-signs. What teams make this deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Might consider something kind of like that at the deadline if he has a rebound year. Otherwise, no.

If rebound is your concern, you don't understand Patch's situation. Do you really think he has fallen off in quality of play and it's not related to the talent and lack of top 2 centers surrounding him in Montreal?

Reactions: ottawa

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The Habs wouldn't.

Probably agree but none of us know what the best offer is as of today. Personally, I think Bergevin is setting it way too high. He wants a proven young NHL player and the picks. I just don't see too many teams (if any) stepping up at the price.

Truth and fair value is in the middle somewhere. The sign and trade is just way too dam difficult.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Probably agree but none of us know what the best offer is as of today. Personally, I think Bergevin is setting it way too high. He wants a proven young NHL player and the picks. I just don't see too many teams (if any) stepping up at the price.

Truth and fair value is in the middle somewhere. The sign and trade is just way too dam difficult.

Patches is still one of the best goal scorers in the NHL. I really doubt that GMs wouldn't be interested in a really good two-way forward.

We have seen bottom pairing dmen get two 2nd rounds picks at the TDL. Patches is worth a ransom here.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Not sure what Bergevin is asking for and I suspect it's a lot but I'm wondering what teams are willing the pay the asking price of picks...

- 2019 1st
- 2020 2nd
- Condidional 2nd if Patch re-signs.
Habs have heavily shopped MaxPac and before the draft were willing to move him for 11th OR 12th overall, until the isles backed out. Pre-Tavares exit. No nyi interest at this point.

Add in the published reports that LA held extension talks with his rep and he wants 8×8 and for many of the potential MaxPac bidders,those are not appealing numbers.
I have read that Chicago has interest in MaxPac and Skinner. I do not see a team giving up a 1st and multiple 2nds for MaxPac, but I guess we will see.

Reactions: Dan Kelly

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
As an Avs fan, I wouldn’t.

Wayyyy too much uncertainty on where that 1st lands.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If rebound is your concern, you don't understand Patch's situation. Do you really think he has fallen off in quality of play and it's not related to the talent and lack of top 2 centers surrounding him in Montreal?
- 30 yo
- will be a UFA and has shown signs of wanting to get top $ next contract
- scored 37 points last year while getting top minutes.

Lotta red flags.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
- 30 yo

Lotta red flags.
Sure wouldn't want that package as a Wild fan.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
- 30 yo

Lotta red flags.

Nevermind that the whole thing for patch before this year was "he always produced without a top 6 Center". Now that he didnt produce without one, it's "he didn't have a top 6 C!"

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Well Sharks don’t have a 2019 1st so I’d swap out the 1st for Tierney. Fills a need for you now and in the future.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
He's been on the market since before the trade deadline and it's passed two of the obvious times to trade him (draft, July 1st). I don't think Montreal will get a great return.

Reactions: BleedsBlueSNRefugee

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Patches should get Montreal a 1st rounder back as well as a decent roster player. Guy is still among the game's best wingers. He just had a off season in 2017-2018 is all.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Given that that lack of top 2 centers hadn't changed from 2017 to 2018 - and one of the big selling points for the guy has always been "look how he produces despite having crap centers"? Yes, I think it's a legitimate concern.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I think given his last season it is more likely that a team counters with 2 2nd rounders and a conditional 1st if they re-sign him. One year of Patch at his very reasonable hit is easily worth 2 2nd's. Then if he rebounds, the team can still keep him for a fair price, but if he doesn't rebound they can just let him walk away without giving up the first. I can understand why the Habs would want the first, but its a big risk given his disinterest and lack of results from a year ago.

Reactions: ivanlwan and Viqsi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad