Pat Lafontaine resigns position with team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
If it's a Murray and LaFontaine power struggle, then I just want Murray. Having a president oversee a GM (who should make all the hockey decisions) seems like a big problem in general.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Too many strong knee jerk reactions. Wow. Calm down. Right now, it's nothing. Just a bunch of speculation.

I don't have a worry about any of this until it comes out of the Sabres mouths

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
I cant believe its about LaFontaine not having enough influence, Pegula offered him the GM title, why refuse it then get pissed that you cant be GM?

I don't know, the idea that there's a leak and someones trying to pinch it off seams like the most logical, outside of Devine. Is there something we're missing? maybe there's a member of the old guard kicking around that's trying to cut the legs out from under people?

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Too many strong knee jerk reactions. Wow. Calm down. Right now, it's nothing. Just a bunch of speculation.

I don't have a worry about any of this until it comes out of the Sabres mouths

Doesn't seem to me like anyone is anything but calm.

Just discussing the possibilities.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I never thought Patty was remotely qualified for the job he was hired for... So no big deal.

I'm thankful his attempt to find a pawn GM backfired.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
If it's a Murray and LaFontaine power struggle, then I just want Murray. Having a president oversee a GM (who should make all the hockey decisions) seems like a big problem in general.

The more I think about it, its probably above Murray. Patty not getting along with Pegula's group of Black, Sawyer, and Battista.

Patty was hired basically on impulse. Not much thought went into it.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I never thought Patty was remotely qualified for the job he was hired for... So no big deal.

Hahaha... No avatar ... Did you go on the main board Miller trade thread?

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY

I agree with you.

As long as Murray remains in place, we are fine. Murray is much more qualified to run things than LaFontaine is.

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
What a bunch of scandal loving drama queens. I'll go with the simple boring explanation if we're speculating based on nothing, which we are.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Devine doesn't make sense ... I wouldn't put him in the "Executive Suite" category ... this is most certainly Patty.

I'm not sure what a President of Hockey Operations does with a GM in place and a fairly large team staff. (Other than find the next GM I guess.)

Any movement of Lafontaine is going to be billed as "dysfunction" by national media because it's going to look like a demotion even though it might be a better fit and what Lafontaine wants.

Furthermore it doesn't make sense to have a guy that didn't feel comfortable as GM holding the position of Pres. of Hockey Opp.

Given Lafontaine's inexperience, given the presence of Tim Murray, and given the sheer glut of youth that is and will be coming through the system, is it that much of a stretch for Lafontaine to be moved into a position that is a sort of GM-lite in constructing and maintaining the Rochester - Buffalo pipeline and making sure the development of the youth is done 100% right?

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I trust Friedman's word saying it's something to do with Pat.

That's all we know now.

"Something to do with LaFontaine" would be a pretty vague way of saying "LaFontaine is on his way out". The most reasonable assumption if that statement were true would be that, yes, LaFontaine is on the way out, but it's still an assumption based on very little. I don't see why people feel the need to make assumptions (as opposed to speculations) when we'll all know in an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad