Pat Lafontaine resigns position with team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Was kind of weird not seeing or hearing a peep from Patty Lala yesterday ....

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
They've added Cunneyworth, Patrick and Prendergast in the last few months. Could be one of them getting an expanded role (say, Cunneyworth becomes Amerks GM?).

The organizational flow chart is so crazy now with all the new people they have brought in. I could see them trying to streamline it a bit. They've got assistants and special assistants coming out the wazoo.

JTyler48

Jan 26, 2014
Joe Battista gave notice to Nolan that Miller and Ott should be kept out of warm ups for a potential deal?

He's a friend of Pegula's formerly from PSU, and he became VP of Hockey-Related Business at beginning of year. Does that encompass player transactions, or the business side of hockey -- ticket sales, merchandise sales, etc ?

I'm sure if he said something he was the gopher to go tell them so that the higher ups could work out the 20 conditions of the deal.

Maybe Blacks getting canned and Battista is getting promoted?

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
LaFontaine: Seems too early to ditch him even if Murray makes him redundant and unnecessary.

Black: Not tied to the hockey side now, and things on the business side seem good all things considered.

Devine: It makes sense that Murray would want to replace him with him with his own guy, but why not wait until the offseason?

The only thing that would make me happy is Cassidy canned for Cunneyworth, but I doubt an Amerks coaching change could count as "executive shakeup."

If Craig Patrick or one of the advisers is out, that'd be fine, too. Their FO seems too bloated for its own good. Let Murray do his thing without 20 people trying to hold his hand.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I can't see Ted Black getting canned. Wasn't he a big part of the getting the Harborcenter stuff? He's done a lot of stuff for Pegula. Maybe his role gets tweaked, but he hasn't done anything to get tossed out.

JTyler48

Jan 26, 2014
Or someone is leaking stuff to the media.

How does McKenzie know all this stuff about Halak/Minn, Stewart/Ottawa, that beat writer in Ottawa knew a deal was in place for Ott. Too much info is out there. Its nice to know but not good for deals.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I can't see Ted Black getting canned. Wasn't he a big part of the getting the Harborcenter stuff? He's done a lot of stuff for Pegula. Maybe his role gets tweaked, but he hasn't done anything to get tossed out.

Maybe he's eating his turd burger for the 3rd jerseys ...:laugh:

Jagemon

Sep 27, 2005
One thing I fear is Devine being "canned", don't want that with the draft history.

I know Murray used to be in charge of the drafting (sort of) but let it go, you have bigger fish to fry now.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
So long Ted Black would be my guess.
lol even after Pegula said as long as he's here Ted is going nowhere. The guy doesn't have anything to do with hockey operations. His job is to market and promote, he is everything business side and he's done quite a good job with the Bell TV Sabres channel (442) being the latest.

sureloss

Jan 5, 2006
Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC
Something is up with Pat LaFontaine and the Buffalo Sabres.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
From Elliott Friedman : Something is up with Pat LaFontaine and the Buffalo Sabres.

If so what the ****. A quick way to piss off the fan base

SwordStanley10

Sep 16, 2009
Toronto
I'm thinking its one of Black or Sawyer. I know a lot of what Black does is behind the scenes and difficult to assess, but I dunno; the whole third jersey mess-up goes along with the fact he went from having online chats with fans to now having very little public exposure. I dunno, just a hunch. If its Lafontaine (which I doubt very much) thats a serious black eye for a team who's primary selling feature right now is hope. Really hope its not Devine either (does an AGM count as 'Executive'?) as I think all things considered he's done a heck of a job in his role.

As for Sawyer, I know he's an advisor to Pegula, maybe he was one of the guys speaking in Pegula's ear when he first bought the team and told him this was a win now club? I could see how a Miller selling off would cause a ruckus

SwordStanley10

Sep 16, 2009
Toronto
From Elliott Friedman : Something is up with Pat LaFontaine and the Buffalo Sabres.

If so what the ****. A quick way to piss off the fan base

My God, what an embarrassment this may turn out to be. Just when the Sabres look like they've gotten their ***** together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad