Proposal: Pat Kane to Buffalo

migi

Feb 25, 2015
That’s pretty bad for Buffalo and Hawks wouldn’t do that for sentimental reasons. But if thinking about it rationally, that would be a hell of a package.

Hawks would get basically potential 1C, top-6 forward prospect, two top-10 picks with their own (so potentially Hughes/Kakko, Turcotte and Boldy from 2019 draft) and Ristolainen, who would be the best Dman in Blackhawks.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
What you said! Coming from a Hab' fan I would never want to give up that much more a great player that is past his prime..

Yea, past his prime!

*Doesn't check that Kane is having career year that is outpacing his MVP year when Panarin was on his line*

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Sabres rid themselves of Okposo and add a top ten player in the league who is under contract at a very reasonable 10.5 for 4 more years. Nylander and Mittelstadt are far from guarantees and it's probably less than 50% both those draft picks make the roster long term.
Of course prospects and picks are a coin flip at best to pan out, but in your scenario we trade Ristolainen who like him or not plays a huge role for our team and that we have no replacement for and a huge chunk of our future. In the end we're still a one line team and our defense gets significantly worse. Where are we getting a top pair defenseman to replace Ristolainen from? In your scenario we just used nearly every young player and valuable pick we have to get Kane. I'm also very reluctant to bring Kane back to Buffalo. He's had far too many issues in this area. Too many bad influences.

Reactions: Chainshot

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Ok for how more years 1-2 maybe, tops? or perhaps he starts declining as soon as next year. He aint getting any younger!

Dude's 30, not 39 and he's got 70 points in 49 games. Star players don't suddenly drop off a cliff at 32 you know. Just admit that you're wrong and move on.

Doesn't excuse the bad proposal, but to say that Kane isn't in his prime is laughable.

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
Dude's 30, not 39 and he's got 70 points in 49 games. Star players don't suddenly drop off a cliff at 32 you know. Just admit that you're wrong and move on.

Doesn't excuse the bad proposal, but to say that Kane isn't in his prime is laughable.

Yes they do! Pat lafontaine and Eric lindros

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
This is pretty close to value but there is no real sense to it from either team. 4 quarters might equal a dollar, but that doesn’t make it the right transaction.

Reactions: Kdotsection88

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Yes they do! Pat lafontaine and Eric lindros

Fine. MOST star players don't suddenly fall off a cliff after 30, and the ones that do are particularly injury prone. If your biggest examples are Lafontaine, who retired 20 years ago and Lindros who retired 12, I'd say that's bodes pretty well for Kane.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
That's a hard no from Buffalo. First off Patty wont waive and if he did Buffalo would have all the leverage so that Chicago let's a less than full return (1st and a prospect only). So no from both sides.

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
Fine. MOST star players don't suddenly fall off a cliff after 30, and the ones that do are particularly injury prone. If your biggest examples are Lafontaine, who retired 20 years ago and Lindros who retired 12, I'd say that's bodes pretty well for Kane.

It’s gonna happen to Kane I gurantee it!

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Counter offer...………….

To Buffalo
Patrick Kane

To Chicage
Vladimir Sobotka (50% retained)
Kyle Okposo
San Jose 1st (2019 most likely)
St. Louis 1st
Alex Nylander

You clear 1 million next season, 10.5 for Kane, 7.75 combined for Okposo and Sobotka (50% retained) for 1 season. Following next season, your down to 6 for 3 for Okposo as opposed to seasons as opposed to 10.5 for 3 seasons for Kane. That's two 1st rd pick's and a 20 yr old developing winger with pedigree.

That's about all I'd offer for 4 seasons of Kane entering his career twilight years.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Kane has 70 points on a bad Hawks team. He is underrated at this point.
Patrick Kane is hardly underrated. But there is no reason for Buffalo to get him at this time. He's primarily a winger, Buffalo needs a 2C more than a star winger.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Counter offer...………….

To Buffalo
Patrick Kane

To Chicage
Kyle Okposo
St. Louis 1st
Alex Nylander

You clear 1 million next season, 10.5 for Kane, 7.75 combined for Okposo and Sobotka (50% retained) for 1 season. Following next season, your down to 6 for 3 for Okposo as opposed to seasons as opposed to 10.5 for 3 seasons for Kane. That's two 1st rd pick's and a 20 yr old developing winger with pedigree.

That's about all I'd offer for 4 seasons of Kane entering his career twilight years.

Seabrook for Eichel

Reactions: thesaadfather

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Counter offer...………….

To Buffalo
Patrick Kane

To Chicage
Kyle Okposo
St. Louis 1st
Alex Nylander

Wtf is this?

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Patrick Kane is hardly underrated. But there is no reason for Buffalo to get him at this time. He's primarily a winger, Buffalo needs a 2C more than a star winger.
He is underrated this year for sure.

People forgot he exists.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad