Post-Game Talk: Pastamania runs wild - Bruins win 3-1!!

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Wow the Bruins did not look good got dominated during then second, the lines did not really click all game. The reason we won is because Philly really sticks. There is too much dead weight on this team. This was a win but nothing to be proud of.

An on going problem, nothing new.

But a good effort from my perspective.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
with you there, not at all happy with Miller this season. I think I jumped to far too many conclusions about his game, had me fooled last year even after the Hab series, thought he would be more consistent and the lack of speed in which he turns and retrieves will haunt this team come playoff time

Third pair Dman with best +/- for defensemen on the team, playing with an offensive midget partner. Physical, smart. Significant PK time. If its all just luck, I'll take it.

AprilMayandJune

Feb 26, 2012
Third pair Dman with best +/- for defensemen on the team, playing with an offensive midget partner. Physical, smart. Significant PK time. If its all just luck, I'll take it.

B's fans need someone to puke all over or the sun doesn't rise tomorrow.Miller seems to be finding some haters. I am pretty confident in Miller when he's matched against other teams lower 2 lines.He hasn't seemed to have as much of a physical presence yet this year is my only beef.

Can't wait until Pastrnak cracks 190 lbs. B's management might make up for some previously mediocre drafting with this kid.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
B's fans need someone to puke all over or the sun doesn't rise tomorrow.Miller seems to be finding some haters. I am pretty confident in Miller when he's matched against other teams lower 2 lines.He hasn't seemed to have as much of a physical presence yet this year is my only beef.

Can't wait until Pastrnak cracks 190 lbs. B's management might make up for some previously mediocre drafting with this kid.

For a guy who isn't fast, isn't mobile, isn't offensively minded, and who's main skill is physical play, that's a problem, no? :laugh:

They're already too slow on the back end with Chara and Seidenberg both coming back from knee surgery. I'd prefer Bart in place of Miller just because of his ability to break out of his own zone with possession of the puck. No knock on KM, just that if he's not going to play a heavy physical game, his value is diminished. And keep in mind that I say this as someone who isn't a big fan of Bartkowski.

AprilMayandJune

Feb 26, 2012
For a guy who isn't fast, isn't mobile, isn't offensively minded, and who's main skill is physical play, that's a problem, no? :laugh:

They're already too slow on the back end with Chara and Seidenberg both coming back from knee surgery. I'd prefer Bart in place of Miller just because of his ability to break out of his own zone with possession of the puck. No knock on KM, just that if he's not going to play a heavy physical game, his value is diminished. And keep in mind that I say this as someone who isn't a big fan of Bartkowski.

I think other aspects of Miller's game maybe somewhat underated. He is slower than Bart but not so slow that he is a liability.Thats what I see.Maybe last year when he disposed of 2 habs in the space of a minute grew me some homer glasses:naughty:

As the post I replied to suggested, Miller I think has molded himself into decent bottom pair NHL Dman and PKer. No more no less.

RedBruin

Jul 4, 2010
Germany

I'd prefer Morrow over both tbh
When's he coming back anyway ?

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA

His separated shoulder earlier this year may have something to do with it.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I don't think Miller is bad-I think he needs third pair minutes and to face other team's bottom 6. I think he's a little less physical but his shoulder may still be an issue.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I think you were tthe only smart one!

I still want pressure on Chiarelli to fix his putrid job of late and him gone after the year if he doesn't fix it. Claude, as annoying as some decisions are, needs to stay as do most of the players. 1 top foforward and 1 top defenseman is 'all' we need and we're back to being top 3 with LA and Chicago.

I agree with you-right now I think Chiarelli is more the problem than Julien. Julien frustrates me at times but in general I think he is still a very good coach and I think his players respect and like him.

Chiarelli doesn't seem to be too hot at cap management and with a lot of players was way too generous with NTC (I think salary wise he's usually fair but at times foolish-Ev I think they gave Seguin too much money for too many years too soon-think they should have done something more like they did with Marchand). I don't blame him for going all in but I do blame him for not using the buy out options and handing out NTC like candy. And while I'm not overly upset about the Seguin trade I do think the Boychuk trade was awful and the drafting and deadline trading has been generally a bust.

jdz

May 22, 2013

Bart was a trainwreck last time he played for the Bs. Made some horrible passes coming out of the defensive zone. I'd like a bit of morrow tbh.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

I did like the Bart/Krug pairing a lot. Strange to me that Bart has been playing the best hockey of his career and is in the press box. Not sure if that means he is the guy they are going to move and want to plan for life without him, or if it means they are playing Miller/McQuaid to find takers for them.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Bart was a trainwreck last time he played for the Bs. Made some horrible passes coming out of the defensive zone. I'd like a bit of morrow tbh.

Isn't he out hurt right now?

I'm with you and the others who want Morrow in over both of them, when healthy.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I did like the Bart/Krug pairing a lot. Strange to me that Bart has been playing the best hockey of his career and is in the press box. Not sure if that means he is the guy they are going to move and want to plan for life without him, or if it means they are playing Miller/McQuaid to find takers for them.

Yeah, it really could go both ways on why. Like Quaider and his heart, but he's not going to be here next year, so I'd move him now while you can get something for him.

spylogic3

Sep 1, 2006

Usually, it's nice to see when a vet goes in and fishes out a kid's 1st NHL goal. Who fished out the puck for Pastrnak?

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Isn't he out hurt right now?

I'm with you and the others who want Morrow in over both of them, when healthy.

yeah, he got railroaded by harry Z on a dirty hit from behind. not sure what his issue is. believe he played the next game and has been out since. thought they reported it was a neck issue.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
My favourite quote from this game was when Keith Jones mentioned the Bruins are much better than their record and could cause problems for teams, he said imagine winning the East and as the # 1 seed your reward is playing the Bruins in the First Round gee thanks.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
My favourite quote from this game was when Keith Jones mentioned the Bruins are much better than their record and could cause problems for teams, he said imagine winning the East and as the # 1 seed your reward is playing the Bruins in the First Round gee thanks.

The B's have had issues with that (finishing first) and having to meet Montreal in the first and second rounds. Maybe we'll be Montreal to Pitt...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad