Post-Game Talk: Pastamania runs wild - Bruins win 3-1!!

BostonPC

Bleed Black & Gold
Dec 3, 2005
Woburn, MA
Exactly. People getting overly excited after watching them put 4 SOG in the second, only to follow it up with 4 more in the third are delusional. This team has offensive issues up the wazoo.

I agree.... I am happy for the win but don't think they can sustain it without some offensive help before the deadline. It was just a week or so ago when this team was playing like this and losing games. Maybe a little luck on their side... you take that whenever you can get it.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I predict a ******** of number 88 jerseys being sold next Christmas.

So happy to see a promising rookie wear a number with some character to it. Not like the nondescript 40, 50 or 60 something jerseys.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Babysteps. No need to get over excited, no need to be negative just for the sake of it either. At least they looked pretty decent defensively, offense I agree has massive creativity issues.

Defensively, they looked more than solid. Still think I'd rather see Bart in there over Miller, but that's a small nitpick.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Bruin or otherwise, so fun watching a kid scoring his first NHL goal, well, not true, to heck with any Hab doing this:)

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
First 18 year old to have a multi goal game in 10 years.

The last one you ask, none other then Bergeron in 2004.

4 shots on the 2nd and 4 in the 3rd a little concerning.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I'm happy we're on a 7 game streak. And, yes, that's SEVEN games where we scored points - I'm saying that not because I'm an eternal optimist, but to piss off Stephen A. Smith.

Still not liking our spot in the standings. Florida has 4 games in hand, and of their next four games, two of them are against Edmonton. I shouldn't have to be scared of Florida, but I am. We're "tied" with Washington, but they have 3 games in hand.

We're not out of the woods yet. Pasta looked great tonight, but I'm still squeezing my Clodefish tightly because I'm nervous about what's to come. (Clodefishes live deep in the sea, so they like the pressure.)

Just had a look at the Eastern Conference standings and 1-8 it is still pretty close with lots of hockey to be played. I don't like being in 8 th place either but don't care about home ice advantage in the playoffs and this year in the eastern conference 1-8th whoever you play in the 1st round it isn't going to be easy.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Defensively, they looked more than solid. Still think I'd rather see Bart in there over Miller, but that's a small nitpick.

with you there, not at all happy with Miller this season. I think I jumped to far too many conclusions about his game, had me fooled last year even after the Hab series, thought he would be more consistent and the lack of speed in which he turns and retrieves will haunt this team come playoff time

chicoutimicucumber

Aug 4, 2009
Also, as i said in the other thread, no****ing way has Clode lost these guys.

Not after what we see this week.

Need help? Yes.

But not a deaf ear to the coach issue.

Always thought that was a ridiculous assertion. This is not that type of group. I could more easily buy team morale being shaken by management decisions earlier in the year, tbh.

Quaider had what, 21 pim in that game? For someone who doesn't really watch hockey for the fights, I hadn't realized how much I've missed seeing him punch someone in the face till that bout. :D It's been too long.

Amazing how having your D corps healthy up and down the lineup can do for you. Z back on form is immense for this club.

Thought they lacked a bit of urgency to begin the game (perhaps not so surprising as it's the third game in four days), despite the shot advantage in the first, but the defensive structure was there throughout. Giroux/Voracek didn't have much going throughout till the penalty fest in the third. Reffing was awful both ways, but then what else is new.

Pasta :handclap:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Always thought that was a ridiculous assertion. This is not that type of group. I could more easily buy team morale being shaken by management decisions earlier in the year, tbh.

Quaider had what, 21 pim in that game? For someone who doesn't really watch hockey for the fights, I hadn't realized how much I've missed seeing him punch someone in the face till that bout. :D It's been too long.

Amazing how having your D corps healthy up and down the lineup can do for you. Z back on form is immense for this club.

Thought they lacked a bit of urgency to begin the game (perhaps not so surprising as it's the third game in four days), despite the shot advantage in the first, but the defensive structure was there throughout. Giroux/Voracek didn't have much going throughout till the penalty fest in the third. Reffing was awful both ways, but then what else is new.

Pasta :handclap:

and in this day and age where a whisper turns into a scream on Twitter/Media or whatever, we would have surely heard something about the room going a bit deaf to CJ long before now

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
with you there, not at all happy with Miller this season. I think I jumped to far too many conclusions about his game, had me fooled last year even after the Hab series, thought he would be more consistent and the lack of speed in which he turns and retrieves will haunt this team come playoff time

Bingo! His lack of maneuverability is why I don't like him in the lineup.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Discount Double Czech

I saw it on twitter so I can't take any credit for it.

Now on to football. Go Patriots!!!!!!!!

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I'm happy we're on a 7 game streak. And, yes, that's SEVEN games where we scored points - I'm saying that not because I'm an eternal optimist, but to piss off Stephen A. Smith.

Still not liking our spot in the standings. Florida has 4 games in hand, and of their next four games, two of them are against Edmonton. I shouldn't have to be scared of Florida, but I am. We're "tied" with Washington, but they have 3 games in hand.

We're not out of the woods yet. Pasta looked great tonight, but I'm still squeezing my Clodefish tightly because I'm nervous about what's to come. (Clodefishes live deep in the sea, so they like the pressure.)

Edmonton have had a recept up turn in performance, beat Hawks yesterday, evidence that they are getting better

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Edmonton have had a recept up turn in performance, beat Hawks yesterday, evidence that they are getting better

in fairness, could they have been any worse:laugh:

If their recent play has their front office brainwashed into thinking they are well on their way to success their in more trouble than they already are.

That team has so many glaring holes that need filling it isn`t funny

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
in fairness, could they have been any worse:laugh:

If their recent play has their front office brainwashed into thinking they are well on their way to success their in more trouble than they already are.

That team has so many glaring holes that need filling it isn`t funny

I don't disagree, but you can't deny that they have turned a corner since Eakins was sacked, they have beaten LA, Chicago, and the Islanders in their last 7 games, they aren't just ordinary scalps.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I don't disagree, but you can't deny that they have turned a corner since Eakins was sacked, they have beaten LA, Chicago, and the Islanders in their last 7 games, they aren't just ordinary scalps.

I suppose but every now and then the squirrel finds the nut

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I think you were the only smart one!

I still want pressure on Chiarelli to fix his putrid job of late and him gone after the year if he doesn't fix it. Claude, as annoying as some decisions are, needs to stay as do most of the players. 1 top foforward and 1 top defenseman is 'all' we need and we're back to being top 3 with LA and Chicago.

...There are others :)

RaybCamn

Oct 16, 2010
Wow the Bruins did not look good got dominated during then second, the lines did not really click all game. The reason we won is because Philly really sticks. There is too much dead weight on this team. This was a win but nothing to be proud of.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I agree.... I am happy for the win but don't think they can sustain it without some offensive help before the deadline. It was just a week or so ago when this team was playing like this and losing games. Maybe a little luck on their side... you take that whenever you can get it.

Really?

I don't think so.

OutspokenMinority*

1st Pasta goal, finds that soft spot in the slot/front of the net where there`s sometimes some price to pay to make it count
2nd goal, identifies immediately where there will be a soft spot, shifts there and DK with a great pass

Not sure that`s stuff you can teach
Very nice game for the kid

Loui`s quick stick was great on the shorty

Still work to do, still an incomplete team IMO but nice to see some Pts in another win

this. that ability to drift into open space out front is surprisingly rare, especially on a grinding team like the Bruins. of course the pass from Krejci was equally brilliant. he threw it back across the grain through like 3 defenders. Probably nobody else on the team gets that pass through. Probably only a handful would have even recognized the opportunity quickly enough to even try.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
Rask and Pastranak had more control over their movements than in the last game I saw them play in.

:thumbu:

David seemed out of place on Thursday, like he did at the beginning of the WJC. He finished in a lot better form.

Happy they can prove me wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad