Post-Game Talk: Pastamania runs wild - Bruins win 3-1!!

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Bart was a trainwreck last time he played for the Bs. Made some horrible passes coming out of the defensive zone. I'd like a bit of morrow tbh.

Morrow's injured so you could guarantee once he is back from injury he'll be in the A for at least a month

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
Pastrnak looks very promising! Scores two big goals including the gamewinner. Sooooo this must mean Clode will bench him for the next 2 weeks right? :sarcasm:

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
My favourite quote from this game was when Keith Jones mentioned the Bruins are much better than their record and could cause problems for teams, he said imagine winning the East and as the # 1 seed your reward is playing the Bruins in the First Round gee thanks.

Habs will be more than happy to have an easy first round

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
Just like all those other easy series against the Bruins they've had under Claude.

Seriously what is the record of claude as bruins coach against ? In playoffs ? And regular season ? And in the situation where claude had always a better team than them ?

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Seriously what is the record of claude as bruins coach against ? In playoffs ? And regular season ? And in the situation where claude had always a better team than them ?

In the playoffs, he's swept them , beat them in 7, and lost in 7 twice. Most fans will take that record, especially ones born before 1980. And the regular season doesn't matter to me.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
I'd take a Bruins/habs series in the first round and I bet I wouldn't see you posting on this board after the Bruins won.

As i bet as you think all bruins fans who don't think exactly like you are not real fans )))) i am honored to meet the one who know all secrets of universe

KrazyLegs

Registered Dude
Jun 12, 2011
Westminster, MA
Anyone notice #49 take a little shot at Pasta after he scored his 2nd? That's generally a no-no. Wouldn't mind seeing Mr. Lucic have a stern discussion with him during our next game.

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013
Anyone notice #49 take a little shot at Pasta after he scored his 2nd? That's generally a no-no. Wouldn't mind seeing Mr. Lucic have a stern discussion with him during our next game.

I felt the same way. My feeling is if it had topsided him to the ice, **** may have hit the fan. Speaking of, god did I love seeing Quaider fly in out of no where like our beloved Fernuckle use to after the big shot to DP20. Beat the snot out of him to.

Berge56

Oct 23, 2014
Nice to see 3 wins in a row. Let's keep building off of these and hopefully we can get our **** in order. I really like the line changes and think we should keep rolling with them.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Pretty sure if Bruins a wildcard coming out of same division cannot happen.Correct me if I am wrong.They would cross over to other division.

I believe that match up could happen.

Top 3 in each division are in.
2 next best records in the Conference are in...lesser of the two plays the top division winner.

Right now, I believe (just based on points, not looking at games in hand, etc) the Bruins would be in as the last team (2nd best record of the teams that didn't finish in the top 3 in their division). TB is first in the conference, and the Bruins would play them, even though they are in the same division.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I believe that match up could happen.

Top 3 in each division are in.
2 next best records in the Conference are in...lesser of the two plays the top division winner.

Right now, I believe (just based on points, not looking at games in hand, etc) the Bruins would be in as the last team (2nd best record of the teams that didn't finish in the top 3 in their division). TB is first in the conference, and the Bruins would play them, even though they are in the same division.

Correct. The seeds have nothing to do with divisions, only points:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/the-explainer-new-nhl-playoff-seeding-format-1.1871216

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Only 2 players born in 1996 have played this year.

Pastrnak and Ekblad.

So we see the rarity of a player this young in the NHL.

Ekblad looks like the real thing, I hope Pastrnak is as well.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Only 2 players born in 1996 have played this year.

Pastrnak and Ekblad.

So we see the rarity of a player this young in the NHL.

Ekblad looks like the real thing, I hope Pastrnak is as well.

And the other one was drafted pretty high... ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad