Post-Game Talk: Pasta wins it in OT - Bruins regain control of destiny

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Even the Score knows Julien isn't using Pasta enough.

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/733832

16. Boston Bruins (Last Week: 18)

David Pastrnak, who leads the Bruins in 5-on-5 production by a considerable margin, was trusted with 9:38 of ice versus THE HURRICANES before Claude Julien took off the leash at the end of regulation.

Of course, he scores the overtime winner to go along with an assist in the first. C'mon Claude.

LEADS the Bruins in 5-5 production, Clodes big thing, maybe he doesn't know what stats are????? c'mon Claude, hahahahaha.

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015
Even the Score knows Julien isn't using Pasta enough.

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/733832

16. Boston Bruins (Last Week: 18)

David Pastrnak, who leads the Bruins in 5-on-5 production by a considerable margin, was trusted with 9:38 of ice versus THE HURRICANES before Claude Julien took off the leash at the end of regulation.

Of course, he scores the overtime winner to go along with an assist in the first. C'mon Claude.

LEADS the Bruins in 5-5 production, Clodes big thing, maybe he doesn't know what stats are????? c'mon Claude, hahahahaha.

Honestly I think what Claude has done for Pasta has been very good.

His minutes are down yes but he is 18 years old. Claude has done a very good job keeping Spooner and Pasta away from top pairing forwards and defenders and this is has gone along way with their confidence and showed in their stats. It also keeps their ice time down though

I love Pasta and feel Spooner was finally given a fair chance when Krecji went down and he has run with it.

I think a lot of ppl here just watch the score board and not the "game with in the game" as Pasta does make a lot of mistakes especially
In the neutral zone as he often gets a little to cute with the puck and sometimes you can see his defensive game on the back check is not all there. it's also glaringly obvious he is a boy playing with men as he is often pushed off the puck with ease.

That being said his talent is next to none and given time he should grow into a fabulous player. Just no need to rush him and Claude knows this.

It's okay as he is 18 years old and he's suppose to make mistakes and he will learn from them.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Honestly I think what Claude has done for Pasta has been very good.

His minutes are down yes but he is 18 years old. Claude has done a very good job keeping Spooner and Pasta away from top pairing forwards and defenders and this is has gone along way with their confidence and showed in their stats. It also keeps their ice time down though

I love Pasta and feel Spooner was finally given a fair chance when Krecji went down and he has run with it.

I think a lot of ppl here just watch the score board and not the "game with in the game" as Pasta does make a lot of mistakes especially
In the neutral zone as he often gets a little to cute with the puck and sometimes you can see his defensive game on the back check is not all there. it's also glaringly obvious he is a boy playing with men as he is often pushed off the puck with ease.

That being said his talent is next to none and given time he should grow into a fabulous player. Just no need to rush him and Claude knows this.

It's okay as he is 18 years old and he's suppose to make mistakes and he will learn from them.

I agree but hope Julien can find him a little more ice time particularly if we meet the Habs in round 1.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Goals scored by team while player is on the ice per 60 minutes of ice time 5 on 5

Top 3
Pastrnak
Bergeron
Marchand

Bottom 3
Campbell
Talbot
Paille

Goals scored against team while player is on the ice per 60 minutes of ice time 5 on 5

Top 3
Bergeron
Kelly
Marchand
Pastrnak 11th

Bottom 3
Campbell
Talbot
Spooner

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rat...=50&teamid=3&type=corsi&sort=F60&sortdir=DESC

I guess Clode does have his merits, but younger guys are always going to make more mistakes than older guys, just from the lack of experience and not playing with others as much.

Funny how this is a team that does well 5 on 5 but the best 5 on 5 player has limited ice time.

I know everyone isn't into advanced stats, but you would think an NHL team would look at this and be like "Hey Clode, play Pasta 3 more minutes a game".

njbruin*

Nov 17, 2007
What is your point? The point argued was that vets are more reliable than rooks. That's why chara & sides play more. Also so that they can find their game since their injuries. Without chara & sides playing well, this team won't go far. Both are starting to find their games recently.

I'm saying Julien has been over using his trusted vets and its hurting us now and will hurt us even more if he does it in the playoffs. Chara & Seids are directly responsible for many more goals against then Pasta/Spooner/Lucic/Campbell/Paille/Bart combined. This team will go nowhere in the playoffs trying to win 1-0 games.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
I'm saying Julien has been over using his trusted vets and its hurting us now and will hurt us even more if he does it in the playoffs. Chara & Seids are directly responsible for many more goals against then Pasta/Spooner/Lucic/Campbell/Paille/Bart combined. This team will go nowhere in the playoffs trying to win 1-0 games.

He hasn't been overusing them, they have played their regular minutes. Yes, they haven't been great since their respective injuries, but CJ is letting them find their game prior to the p/o. This team won't go far if chara & sieds can't play big minutes. And yes, they have been on the ice for more goals than those 6 because they play way more minutes then them.

njbruin*

Nov 17, 2007
He hasn't been overusing them, they have played their regular minutes. Yes, they haven't been great since their respective injuries, but CJ is letting them find their game prior to the p/o. This team won't go far if chara & sieds can't play big minutes. And yes, they have been on the ice for more goals than those 6 because they play way more minutes then them.

He should be limiting their minutes on the PP and PK to give them rest for the playoffs.

They don't have legs to find and Lord knows if we get to the dance Claude will be putting them on the ice upwards of 25+ minutes per game. I say just the opposite this team will go nowhere if Chara and Sieds are playing 25+ minutes per game it will expose our D to relentless forecheck pressure . Our only chance will be to move the puck quickly , having watched our "top 2" Vet D this year , I don't think that gets solved anytime soon.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Haven't seen a single person advocate using young guys twenty minutes. I'd like to see 15ish, give or take the situation.

I would just like to see him get more time on ice than the 4th line.

I totally support sheltering the kids as much as possible but I don't understand less than 10 minutes and the 4th line getting 5-6 more.

Also, if we need goals Julien can put a better center between Looch and Pasta (he did just that in the OT) or put a player like Loui on Spooner's wing. There are ways for Julien to get the guys who can score in the ice without rolling the 4th line every other shift.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Haven't seen a single person advocate using young guys twenty minutes. I'd like to see 15ish, give or take the situation.

Wouldn't mind if they were getting 3th line minutes but they are getting 4th line minutes, they deserve more. And they have deserved it with their play.

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
Pasta's OT goal was a thing of beauty.

Question - Just because Pasta has been clutch, should Chia and Clode still have their jobs?

It looks like we are in good position to nail down the 8th playoff spot now.

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013

Completely agree Mike. We aren't looking to see them out there all game, but I've seen few games in the past 20 that the 4th line should have been on the ice more then them. That's what all of our complaints are about.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Pasta's OT goal was a thing of beauty.

Question - Just because Pasta has been clutch, should Chia and Clode still have their jobs?

It looks like we are in good position to nail down the 8th playoff spot now.

Who put Pastrnak on the ice in the last 30 seconds of overtime, and has regularly been playing him in that situation?

Who drafted him?

Yeah, this place is insane.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Who put Pastrnak on the ice in the last 30 seconds of overtime, and has regularly been playing him in that situation?

Who drafted him?

Yeah, this place is insane.

Claude is playing with house money at that point. I know the Bruins have won two straight, but please tell me you don't agree with how he's being used especially not being used on the PP..

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Claude is playing with house money at that point. I know the Bruins have won two straight, but please tell me you don't agree with how he's being used especially not being used on the PP..

When Pastrnak was called up, both Chiarelli and Julien said he would probably see sheltered minutes, and might even be a healthy scratch a time or two. He is an 18-year-old boy who has played a lot of hockey in the last calendar year, and who, though very talented, has a lot to learn. I posted that at the time, and also noted at that time that many people on HF would lose their collective **** when he did get reduced time. No wonder Cassandra went insane.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
When Pastrnak was called up, both Chiarelli and Julien said he would probably see sheltered minutes, and might even be a healthy scratch a time or two. He is an 18-year-old boy who has played a lot of hockey in the last calendar year, and who, though very talented, has a lot to learn. I posted that at the time, and also noted at that time that many people on HF would lose their collective **** when he did get reduced time. No wonder Cassandra went insane.

Not like we are in a playoff race or anything... Lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad