GDT: Party of One: Senators @ Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Not too often the last 4-5 years we have had a play, goal, hit, save, etc that you could watch over and over for years and it never get old. Even during the success had last season. Nothing further really needs to be said about this play from start to finish.

d47e4768dc9adc0ce716a2963b99f32a

Q4N6QU6WJRGRJBTHD7COOIXF24.JPG

B6FBSD3LNVEGFEPAZ4WOQIHWHA.JPG

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
gross that ppl want to sticky that vats play. when theres this:

actually kinda crazy that he scores the sickest own goals and prevents the craziest unstoppable goals.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Vatanen is a better defender than Rafalski was. Rafalski might be the most overrated player of all time around these parts....he would've been joke without being proppedup by Hall of Fame partners virtually his entire career,

underrate rafalski much? vata needs to finish ninth in norris this season to match rafalskis age 27 season.

like rafalski is more of a butcher type player i get that. but vats isnt that. he reminds me of a less skilled sandis ozolinsh

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Not too often the last 4-5 years we have had a play, goal, hit, save, etc that you could watch over and over for years and it never get old. Even during the success had last season. Nothing further really needs to be said about this play from start to finish.

d47e4768dc9adc0ce716a2963b99f32a

Q4N6QU6WJRGRJBTHD7COOIXF24.JPG

B6FBSD3LNVEGFEPAZ4WOQIHWHA.JPG

And the ending .... wish we'd see more like this.

Capture3.PNG

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
gross that ppl want to sticky that vats play. when theres this:

actually kinda crazy that he scores the sickest own goals and prevents the craziest unstoppable goals.

Hey, finally some things are going this teams way....don't throw the piss bucket yet when we finally have some good fortune and excitement.... ;)

You can find a few own goals from a few other players on this team in last two years (not just Vats, although that one was particularly bad, haha).

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Man, I'm just glad Santini is getting some time.

From before the draft to now, people have always spoken highly of his character and I have a tough time believing that he'd be totally one-dimensional (and eaten alive) at this level. We'll see, but you hope he brings what Lovejoy does and more.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Vatanen is a better defender than Rafalski was. Rafalski might be the most overrated player of all time around these parts....he would've been joke without being proppedup by Hall of Fame partners virtually his entire career,
Fun game to be at.

Vatanen is horrendous in his own zone. That is all. Honestly have no idea how anyone could say he is better than Rafalski was defensively. Really no idea at all how anyone who apparently watches a lot of hockey could think that. Then factor in Brian was a 50+ pt performer numerous times as well, which is something Vatanen will NEVER be...

Vatanen couldn't hold Rafalski's jock. It would probably knock him over if you tossed it to him anyway.

But whatever. Devs win!

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Unfortunately, this would get a lot more love and recognition if Santini or Mueller made this play.
Oh please. It'd be forgotten about immediately just like every outlet pass they've made this year. It was a great scrambldy desperation play.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010

Nope. If only because rafalski was headier and didn't panic.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Not sure if it was mentioned, just watched the replay of that crazy sequence, Santini taking the body of that Sens player in the crease is an underrated play. Most of our other Dmen, or probably all of them would've try to fish for the puck with their stick

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Would really like if this was a turning point of the season.

Also I think we would have had to lock the sub forum if someone scored a goal like that on us.

If you look at this week, we played well last fri and sat. Even played well in Columbus, just ran into a really good goalie... one stinker mixed in....
We may not make the playoffs but I think theyll start to win more (esp if cory is no where near this team and you keep blackwood as the backup)

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Not sure if it was mentioned, just watched the replay of that crazy sequence, Santini taking the body of that Sens player in the crease is an underrated play. Most of our other Dmen, or probably all of them would've try to fish for the puck with their stick

Just the fact you had three players down in the crease with the puck lurking around and none of them actually fell on the puck or closed their hand and still got it out showed a remarkable amount of poise, especially considering this team as a whole has been pretty low IQ this season.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Although this save by Salvador wasn't as theatrical as Vatanen and Nico's efforts, last night did remind me of it. There is so much wrong with this play though :laugh:. 3 guys covering 2 Stars on the right side of the ice with 2 Stars wide open coming down the left side and Kovy coasting in behind them which even led to that save having to be made.

Reactions: NJDevs26

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I think the best part of the nutty goal last night was the glove, and how Palms batted it ahead with his glove. As if the sequence wasn't batty enough.

Reactions: My3Sons

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Although this save by Salvador wasn't as theatrical as Vatanen and Nico's efforts, last night did remind me of it. There is so much wrong with this play though :laugh:. 3 guys covering 2 Stars on the right side of the ice with 2 Stars wide open coming down the left side and Kovy coasting in behind them which even led to that save having to be made.

This is almost Bleed like how you managed to remember a play like this from a random regular season game lol...of course it didn't have the spectacular finish at the other end though.

Imagine if the refs called that a goal on the ice last night, it would have screwed us out of getting Palms to Hall at the other end :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad