GDT: Party of One: Senators @ Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
NHL video is selling Nico's efforts short with that title of the vid. :shakehead

Still that was on Vats for the first, major stop. Hischer gets dibs for not allowing it to fall back into the net :) Both were greatly timed........

(Let's argue about this! NHL.com titling has always been over the top, particularly on their old old site)

Reactions: glenwo2

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
I realized that was home game and edited my post...still a large portion of road woes is related to Cory.
There’s definitely a goalie problem here. Even KK’s woes are in large part related to lack of a secondary option at the position. The NJD team would be an okay team with some decent play in nets. We didn’t deserve to win the game where Mack Black only allowed 2 goals because we were out worked.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Santini has been pretty solid with what he’s been given. No complaints there. I do feel that having all four of Greene, Lovejoy, Mueller and Santini is very redundant. So I’m not all twisted up in knots over one sitting. It’s sort of like when we had all three of Salvador, White, Volchenkov. Which never happened after preseason after Sal was lost during exhibition and shut down for the year. I prefer Mueller to Santini but it’s also not a given that Santini won’t be the better player.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Palms is 4th among RWs in goals, only trailing Laine, Pastrnak and Atkinson. He is 15th in the entire league.

He is tied for 10th among RWs in points as well.

I say it again. Top 10 RW. Don't @ me.
I’ve had it up to the skies with people underrating Palmieri and Hischier and selling them short. It mostly happens with OOT fans on the raging wildfire that is the main board. Palmieri definitely has detractors over here more than Nico, though. I wanna missile the next post I see where someone tries to use weak logic and rationalization to say Nico isn’t really a top line center. Like he’s some kind of Pascal Dupuis shotgun.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I’ve had it up to the skies with people underrating Palmieri and Hischier and selling them short. It mostly happens with OOT fans on the raging wildfire that is the main board. Palmieri definitely has detractors over here more than Nico, though. I wanna missile the next post I see where someone tries to use weak logic and rationalization to say Nico isn’t really a top line center. Like he’s some kind of Pascal Dupuis shotgun.

It's absurd to me how criminally underrated he is. We have a local, top line, goal scoring RW in his prime signed at a discount. He's done absolutely nothing but light the lamp since he got here, on some teams that were allergic to goal scoring for the most part. Also plays with an edge which we can use every now and then.

I'll pump his tires all day, every day. He deserves the love that he gets.

Also, need to show the love to Vats before signing off. Think he gets a bad rap as well. That goal line save is a highlight to remember. Sami Wow Wow indeed.

tumblr_osyozpc5d01u1ljrzo1_500.gif

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The mainboard really underrates Nico.

It's kind of funny.

I'm not saying it's a LARGE percentage, it's just a very VOCAL group of a smaller contingent of posters.

There's some people that just go ''Yeah but Hall tho'' as to why Nico puts up points, but some of them are probably the same people that were saying less than two years ago ''Hall for Larsson is a very good, fair trade for both teams. There's no clear winner in this trade.'' or even some of the embarrassing ''Hall sucks! He's a cancer! We WON this trade!'' posts.

Reactions: Dialamo

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
It's absurd to me how criminally underrated he is. We have a local, top line, goal scoring RW in his prime signed at a discount. He's done absolutely nothing but light the lamp since he got here, on some teams that were allergic to goal scoring for the most part. Also plays with an edge which we can use every now and then.

I'll pump his tires all day, every day. He deserves the love that he gets.

Also, need to show the love to Vats before signing off. Think he gets a bad rap as well. That goal line save is a highlight to remember. Sami Wow Wow indeed.

tumblr_osyozpc5d01u1ljrzo1_500.gif
You had me until Vatanen. He's getting coned on a nightly basis now.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Unfortunately, this would get a lot more love and recognition if Santini or Mueller made this play.
If Adam Larsson made that play for Edmonton there would have been a main board topic 3 hours ago. And there’s even been a loud group that’s been screaming about Vatanen lately because he doesn’t “Play defense” and I know there has been at least one buyers remorse post lately.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
You had me until Vatanen. He's getting coned on a nightly basis now.

I know he hasn't played his best but I don't think he's a bad player by any means. He is playing above his role, the way a lot of our defenders probably are. If they can keep his minutes down more like they did tonight, and pair him with a proper partner for his style of play, I think he can excel even moreso.

I actually like him and Santini together as a pairing and wouldn't mind seeing more of it. I'm really happy (as I know you are too) that Santini is getting back in. I truly believe his style of play is something we've needed on our blueline all year. He isn't bad with the puck at all and has good instincts physically. I would like to see them play together for longer as I think it will work out well.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
hischier lets hall shine moreso than vice versa.

If anything, Hall is holding Nico back, but not in a way people think of when they hear "holding back". I do want them separated but it probably won't happen ever, or at the very least until they get more secondary scoring options.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
my bad…….they did say current longest tenured

answer zach smith

lol I really felt good about the Anderson guess when I saw he went all the way back to '09-10. They really scraped a technicality on that one since Smith played ONE GAME in '08-09 for Ottawa :laugh:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I know he hasn't played his best but I don't think he's a bad player by any means. He is playing above his role, the way a lot of our defenders probably are. If they can keep his minutes down more like they did tonight, and pair him with a proper partner for his style of play, I think he can excel even moreso.

I actually like him and Santini together as a pairing and wouldn't mind seeing more of it. I'm really happy (as I know you are too) that Santini is getting back in. I truly believe his style of play is something we've needed on our blueline all year. He isn't bad with the puck at all and has good instincts physically. I would like to see them play together for longer as I think it will work out well.
I don't think he is a bad player either... I just don't think he deserves any love right now. I half wonder if he is playing injured because his movement looks unusually slow. I don't know what is going on but he hasn't been good for a couple of weeks.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
lol I really felt good about the Anderson guess when I saw he went all the way back to '09-10. They really scraped a technicality on that one since Smith played ONE GAME in '08-09 for Ottawa :laugh:
Off topic, but since you mentioned Anderson (albeit a different one), what’s the timeframe on Joey Anderson’s return?

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
If anything, Hall is holding Nico back, but not in a way people think of when they hear "holding back". I do want them separated but it probably won't happen ever, or at the very least until they get more secondary scoring options.

yeah nicos more of a gary oldman than vin diesel.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Off topic, but since you mentioned Anderson (albeit a different one), what’s the timeframe on Joey Anderson’s return?

All I know is he had a broken ankle so I'm sure it's a months-long timeframe. Wouldn't count on seeing him again this year except maybe in the AHL late.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
vats is a worse rafalski/oduya no where near a #1 d but theyll play the role if need be.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
vats is a worse rafalski/oduya no where near a #1 d but theyll play the role if need be.
Worse Rafalski for sure, but I think he's better than Oduya by quite a bit.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Vatanen is a better defender than Rafalski was. Rafalski might be the most overrated player of all time around these parts....he would've been joke without being proppedup by Hall of Fame partners virtually his entire career,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad